When Can I buy a 7700k

Go to solution Solved by OsuMasterz,

TBH they shouldn't even be announcing that they launched the chips, they should say that privately to the reviewers that get the samples and the reviewer will tell the audience when the chips can be bought..

I am very confused about this Kaby Lake launch, from what I understand Intel has announced the 7th Gen chips but you can't buy them yet. Doesn't anyone know when they will be available for sale? So sources say that none of the 7th gen chips will be available for purchase till the end of January and some sources say that everything except for the 7350k will be for sale this week. 

| CPU Intel I7 6700K | Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero | RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED 2666Mhz | GPU MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X + NZXT Kraken g12 w/ NZXT Kraken x52 | Case NZXT h440 | Storage 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 2TB Samsung 850 Evo | PSU EVGA Supernova G2 750W | Cooling Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate |

I have built somewhere on the order of a dozen or so Intel based PCs in the last five years. With the launch of Intel's Kaby Lake update, which by some reports 'JayzTwoCents' is hitting 5Ghz overclocked, and the upcoming Ryzen launch which looks to be a contender, I am for the first time in five years, holding off on a CPU purchase because of what AMD might bring to the table. Add to that the recent press release by Ford that says they are "going to build a Hybrid Mustang for the 2021 model year," the future is certainly going to be an interesting place.

Granted, you can't actually buy any of the new processors yet.

The times, they are a changin.

"You wouldn't worry so much what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do" -Eleanor Roosevelt 

• 2 weeks later...

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

3 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

When I just clicked that it said it was available lol, but i don't know if you should get a 7700k, it seems like disappointing performance especially with Ryzen coming up 

Agreed, especially when you compare it to a 6700k and the marginal performance boost. Still, if OP needs it now and wants the best of the best because reasons,then go ahead. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25