Is the xbox 360 emulated yet?

so I've been looking to install a 360 emulator on my new rig so I can play halo 3 and Reach on my pc, and I haven't been able to find one. I browsed both this forum and tom's hardware for anything relating to this, but all of the posts were from around at least a year ago, and I'm wondering about right now, so, does anybody know of a fully operational emulator out yet?

On a side note, I've only just recently started looking into emulation so if my question doesn't make sense, please correct me. also anything additional you could tell me about how emulation works would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

There is an emulator , but its all a bit early , since the 360 is a rather buff PowerPc its hard to emulate in a way that works 

either way , there is this http://xenia.jp/

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

13 minutes ago, Moon sugars said:

so I've been looking to install a 360 emulator on my new rig so I can play halo 3 and Reach on my pc, and I haven't been able to find one. I browsed both this forum and tom's hardware for anything relating to this, but all of the posts were from around at least a year ago, and I'm wondering about right now, so, does anybody know of a fully operational emulator out yet?

On a side note, I've only just recently started looking into emulation so if my question doesn't make sense, please correct me. also anything additional you could tell me about how emulation works would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Emulation takes several times more processing power than the original system had. Which is why we're only just now seeing PS2 emus the last couple years. In my purely academic and demonstrative research I'd say we're still a far ways off from having anyone crack the XB360 or the PS3. It's not just the horses to run the thing it's the interest in creating the code to run the thing

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

16 minutes ago, Jonathan W said:

Emulation takes several times more processing power than the original system had. Which is why we're only just now seeing PS2 emus the last couple years. In my purely academic and demonstrative research I'd say we're still a far ways off from having anyone crack the XB360 or the PS3. It's not just the horses to run the thing it's the interest in creating the code to run the thing

Yeah, developer motivation would be a long way for any project. A prime example would be the classic 2001 Xbox.  The thing is 95% IBM-PC, it runs x86 instructions, it runs a NVidia chipset, if you ignore the development cost in figuring out how it WORKS, the hardware to emulate that machine should be trivial... But that's the thing, it will take real brains to figure out and replicate the workings of the Xbox and any emulators in process have largely stalled.  The console just doesn't inspire devs to invest time in it and he 360 could be in a similar boat.

The GameCube and the Wii on the other hand were home to some specifically beloved first and second party titles and it's attracted a lot of resources to the Dolphin emulator, it helps that the Wii was mostly an upspece Gamecube as well.  The PS2, while more complicated, is a landmark console and it gets a good deal of attention from devs as well.

2 hours ago, Jonathan W said:

The Wii was the same generation and far less powerful, and look at how long it's took to get a good emulator for that! I totally agree with you on this. 

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-