Is this possible?

I have a motherboard (old motherboard) and i have 6 gb of ram installed into it.

But my bios and windows says i can only use 3.12 gb.

I went and search my motherboards info and i found

That the motherboard accepts only 4gb max and has like a few mb reserved. And i want to let my pc use more ram.

Can anyone help me with this, it would be a great help.

Motherboard name: ASUS PSLO2-VM

Well if the Mobo only supports 4gb max it can only support 4gb max so.... I guess you can only use 4gb...

3 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Well if the Mobo only supports 4gb max it can only support 4gb max so.... I guess you can only use 4gb...

Ohh oke thanx

You could add "virtual ram" to your PC, which doesn't make a difference either way.  If it only allows 4GB, then there is nothing can do but search for another motherboard.

Kolt L

Web developer

32 minutes ago, GTX_Refael said:

Can anyone help me with this, it would be a great help.

Motherboard name: ASUS PSLO2-VM

The only way to help would be to recommend a better socket 775 motherboard. Unfortunately, they are very hard to find. You could perhaps try to find a good used one.

Newegg has some re-furb 775 boards, but you'd have to check their descriptions for fit and max memory.

The best bet, given the age of the machine, would be to upgrade to an i3-6100 (or better) and an H110 motherboard (or better) and 8Gigs (or more) of DDR4-2133.

Note: You'll also need a 64-bit OS to access more than 4Gigs of RAM. If you are running an old 32-bit version of Windows XP you are basically out of luck, but if you are running 32-bit Windows 7, 8, or 10, you can upgrade to the 64-bit using the same product key as the 32-bit.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

Such an operation would include switching out the north bridge, which is motherboard side on older LGA775 motherboards, not on the CPU like today.

ASUS engineers would probably struggle with it for a few days if they seriously attempted to do so. So it's totally out the question for consumers to do themselves.

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

There is the possibility of updating the BIOS and installing a 64 bit OS. This might allow for more RAM, however the limit may be due to hardware.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430