I decided to go back in to Bitcoin Mining

Last month, I finally received my Butterfly Labs Jalapeno (Link) I get about 5.7Gh/s.

Last week, I decided to try out some Block Erupter USB, so I ordered 10 of them. I must say, I am impressed with them.

So a few day ago, I decided to step up my game and order some more of them. Here are some pictures...

img2013110.jpg

They came in a lot of boxes

img201zhz.jpg

So yeah, that are 80 Block Erupters, 20 of those are for MG2R, but still, That are a lot of USB sticks :D

O_O

Time to buy a few raspberry pi's and anker usb hubs!

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

O_O

Time to buy a few raspberry pi's and anker usb hubs!

I will probably connect them to an Intel NUC.

I will probably connect them to an Intel NUC.

Raspberry pi's take less powahhh though

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Raspberry pi's take less powahhh though

I like the NUC more, and my RPI's are all at a Datacenter in The Netherlands ATM.

I like the NUC more, and my RPI's are all at a Datacenter in The Netherlands ATM.

Are you going to buy a NUC? You could buy like 4 pi's for a nuc :/

Are you going to buy a NUC? You could buy like 4 pi's for a nuc :/

Like I said, I like the NUC more :D

3.66 BTC

I was thinking of saying in dollars, but thought you would write both.

So it including MG2Rs miners it costed like 800$

Hey i been thinking of buying some of these too, where did you buy them?

Looks pretty crazy!

I think I might get into some BItCoin mining soon, not sure though.

Just testing my 20 miners out right now... These things get freaking HOT

Yea they are HOT ;P

i think i know why there is only 4 left in amazon's stock 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Personally, I'd suggest selling them ASAP.

You will not see an ROI on them. Their $ to G/hash is far to high.

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1oto74/thinking_of_ordering_an_asic_there_is_most_likely/

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

if you have free power, go for it. Otherwise, you will be paying more in power then you will earn

~Judah

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1oto74/thinking_of_ordering_an_asic_there_is_most_likely/

if you have free power, go for it. Otherwise, you will be paying more in power then you will earn

I did the maths for myself (and I'm pretty good at them) and in a worst case scenario, I will earn my money back in 7-8 months. If the markets stays stable, it will be around 3-4 months.

I did the maths for myself (and I'm pretty good at them) and in a worst case scenario, I will earn my money back in 7-8 months. If the markets stays stable, it will be around 3-4 months.

I'm not doubting your math, but would you be willing to provide the numbers and formulas used? If you don't want it public send a PM. I'll gladly eat my words if everything is sound and has very high chance of profits. I'm just skeptical as the numbers don't add up to me. I'd like to see and make suggestions as I'd hate to see anyone make a poor investment.

May I point out, in the past 6 weeks the network speed and difficulty has increased almost 400%. September 15th we were hitting nearly 1 Petahash, today we are nearing 4. At what rate of increase are you factoring in?

I would argue instead of buying those 330 m/hash asics you would be better off buying 7950's and mining litecoin, or other scrypt coins. Each one will do easily 630 K/hash on scrypt, when roughly converted and compared to Bitcoins sha-256 will get an equivalent 6.3 G/hash for each 7950. That makes the 7950's have a cheaper $ per G/hash than the 330 mhash asics, and gpu's have a resale value worth a lot more plus the never settle game keys.

Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Like I said, I like the NUC more :D

Might want to check out the Cubox-i

• 3 weeks later...

See my previous post on page one of this thread, quoted below. Add the numbers and specs to thegenesisblock's mining calculator

See my previous post on page one of this thread, quoted below. Add the numbers and specs to thegenesisblock's mining calculator

Fact is, I already earned ~10% of my investment back with the recent increase in value of Bitcoins.

Fact is, I already earned ~10% of my investment back with the recent increase in value of Bitcoins.

True, but you need to compare it against a direct investment into Bitcoin or other Crypto-Currencies. Take the total you spent on the hardware and see how many Bitcoins you could have purchased on that day. Now add up the total amount you've mined and compare that to today's value of the Bitcoins. Remember the investment in the those ASIC's is on a constant downward slide, trending 30% less earnings every 2 weeks. They will not become more efficient, instead they will overtime become vapourware. This will result in pushing your break even day back beyond the point where it will cost more money to run in electrical costs than you earn in mining.

Comparing ROI to keeping cash hidden under your mattress will always see some form of return as cash does nothing but inflate over time. You need to compare the choices you were faced which were most likely buy an ASIC or other mining hardware, buy Bitcoins directly, or do nothing and sit on the cash.