I decided to go back in to Bitcoin Mining

I sell my LTC mining hardware and I was thinking about buying 5 of these Blue Fury USB miners they claim:

Hashrate:  2.2 – 2.7 GH/s

Electricity consumption: 2.5 watts and 500mA

Cost 1 BTC = 10 Units

according to this: Calcs on TheGenesisBlock they will turn profit faster than expected.

I want to know if there is something wrong in the calcs.

I'm really thinking of getting some of this just to play around, the cryptocurrency scene is not the same without mining stuff! 

hehehe

Looking around,

bla bla bla this, meh that!

I sell my LTC mining hardware and I was thinking about buying 5 of these Blue Fury USB miners they claim:

Hashrate:  2.2 – 2.7 GH/s

Electricity consumption: 2.5 watts and 500mA

Cost 1 BTC = 10 Units

according to this: Calcs on TheGenesisBlock they will turn profit faster than expected.

I want to know if there is something wrong in the calcs.

I'm really thinking of getting some of this just to play around, the cryptocurrency scene is not the same without mining stuff! 

hehehe

Change the start date to December.

The minimum order is 1BTC and you get 10. Lets say of 27 G/hash for $800. $29.63 per G/hash. It would be potentially worth it if it was 10 times more. You want to aim for about $3 per G/hash.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1oto74/thinking_of_ordering_an_asic_there_is_most_likely/

If we convert that to Litecoin GPU mining, that would be 27 divided by 11(profitability of litecoin) = 2454 K/hash worth of Scrypt mining. At $270 for a 7970 which does 730 K/hash You could get potentially 3 7970's for 1 Bitcoin which would give you 2190 K/hash plus 9 free games.

With that comparison it does appear to be better than buying 7970's for the price and power efficiency. Although the difficulty for Bitcoin increases so much that Litecoin may be better for a more long term stability. Once mining is no longer profitable, you could always resell the GPU's, you can't resell the ASIC's for much value.

It's hard to say, but I'd lean against them not being worth it with only a small change of paying off.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Change the start date to December.

The minimum order is 1BTC and you get 10. Lets say of 27 G/hash for $800. $29.63 per G/hash. It would be potentially worth it if it was 10 times more. You want to aim for about $3 per G/hash.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1oto74/thinking_of_ordering_an_asic_there_is_most_likely/

If we convert that to Litecoin GPU mining, that would be 27 divided by 11(profitability of litecoin) = 2454 K/hash worth of Scrypt mining. At $270 for a 7970 which does 730 K/hash You could get potentially 3 7970's for 1 Bitcoin which would give you 2190 K/hash plus 9 free games.

With that comparison it does appear to be better than buying 7970's for the price and power efficiency. Although the difficulty for Bitcoin increases so much that Litecoin may be better for a more long term stability. Once mining is no longer profitable, you could always resell the GPU's, you can't resell the ASIC's for much value.

It's hard to say, but I'd lean against them not being worth it with only a small change of paying off.

thanks,

what about this...

If we speak in terms of BTC.....  so I invest 1 BTC... wouldnt this miners produce 1 btc at some point (before 5 month) that would be ROI without caring about the actual value of BTC/USD at that time.... 

another, is crazy how fast the diff of BTC growth. over 100% monthly!!

Looking around,

bla bla bla this, meh that!