Windows 8.1 Laptop to Windows 10 Bridging

Weird Bread Kid

Hi! I'm bridging my laptop to my brand new PC I built that lacks a network card, my laptop has windows 8.1 and my PC has windows 10. I connected a Ethernet cable to both computers, and I was told I should have two connections in the control panel, But I have 4: Ethernet, Local Area Connection, WiFi 2, and Hamachi (which I knew was going to be there anyway). I'm missing wireless network connection, and there is no option to add WiFi 2 or LAN to a bridge like in most instructions online. Can I get some help?

Can you give us a more detailed description of your situation? Which of the 2 devices is connected to the internet? How are you planning to bridge them?

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

1 minute ago, Tycho said:

Can you give us a more detailed description of your situation? Which of the 2 devices is connected to the internet? How are you planning to bridge them?

My Laptop is connected to WiFi, and I was told that its as simple as plugging in ethernet cable into eachother (one end in laptop and one end in PC) and all you have to do after that is add it to a bridge in control panel?

1 hour ago, Weird Bread Kid said:

My Laptop is connected to WiFi, and I was told that its as simple as plugging in ethernet cable into eachother (one end in laptop and one end in PC) and all you have to do after that is add it to a bridge in control panel?

How does your PC not have a network card? o.O It should have one

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

1 minute ago, Abdul201588 said:

How does your PC not have a network card? o.O It should have one

I built it mang, I didnt buy one

1 minute ago, Weird Bread Kid said:

I built it mang, I didnt buy one

Your motherboard has one.. what PC is it?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Just now, Abdul201588 said:

Your motherboard has one.. what PC is it?

it has an i5-6600k and a z170m pro4s mobo.... someone told me it didnt have a network card built in, and certainly can't connect to wifi.

Just now, Weird Bread Kid said:

it has an i5-6600k and a z170m pro4s mobo.... someone told me it didnt have a network card built in, and certainly can't connect to wifi.

Whoever told you that you don't have a network card is stupid. Go the manufacturer's site and download the drivers from there. 

Just now, Abdul201588 said:

Whoever told you that you don't have a network card is stupid. Go the manufacturer's site and download the drivers from there. 

I cant connect to the internet at all tho. My mobo came with a CD which i assume it's drivers but my pc don't have an optical drive. I doubt I can put it in my laptop and put it on a usb, unless if I can?

I cant connect to the internet at all tho. My mobo came with a CD which i assume it's drivers but my pc don't have an optical drive. I doubt I can put it in my laptop and put it on a usb, unless if I can?

You can. Download the drivers from your laptop and then use the USB. 

1 minute ago, Abdul201588 said:

You can. Download the drivers from your laptop and then use the USB. 

oh my god you are the man

oh my god you are the man

Not a problem. Glad I could help. :)xD

12 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

Not a problem. Glad I could help. :)xD

whenever i try to copy and paste the files onto a USB Drive theres an error that automatically stops it from pasting all the files.... What do I do now?