Arduino Uno not detected by windows

hammad1029
Go to solution Solved by hammad1029,

The board was malfunctional; Had it exchanged, working now. Thanks anyway, everybody! :)

So I recently got an arduino uno and connected it to my PC using the USB B cable that came with it. My problem is that my PC or even the arduino software doesn't detect the board. The board has power and the green led stays constantly on with an orange led blinking every second(I assume that might be because of the blink sketch coming pre-uploaded).
I am running windows 10 and have tried it on a different windows 8 computer too but no luck in either case.
I do have a pro micro and it works perfectly fine.
Any help would be much appreciated 1f642.png:)

15731503_431321373924856_1859653651_n.jpg

15781914_431321383924855_1808586480_n.jpg

Maybe it is because of drivers are not installed? Have you checked your devices manager for any question mark icons?

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

SHould show up as com1 or seomthing like that. Else try linux. 

com1 appears whether the board is plugged in or not. The problem isn't within windows(or atleast I think it isnt) because as I said I've tried the pro micro on both machines and they work perfectly

2 minutes ago, Mr_KoKa said:

Maybe it is because of drivers are not installed? Have you checked your devices manager for any question mark icons?

The drivers were installed when I installed the arduino ide, my pro micro works perfectly. I've check the device manager and the board just isn't there

Just now, mpsparrow said:

Perhaps it is dead...

It does power on though, the green light turns and stays on while the orange light brinks every second(which I assume is because the blink example sketch was maybe pre-uploaded)

23 hours ago, hammad1029 said:

It does power on though, the green light turns and stays on while the orange light brinks every second(which I assume is because the blink example sketch was maybe pre-uploaded)

Possible damaged data pins on board or inside cable? Have you checked with another cable?

The slow blinking for the orange LED is how all fresh-from-the-factory Arduinos come. This same thing happens if you flash the bootloader with a hardware programmer. Regardless, my best advice would be to go into your device manager and see if the Arduino shows up as a "unknown device". If it does, you should be able to right click->update driver->let me choose a location->navigative to C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\Drivers\amd64 (if on a 64 bit windows, or x86 if on 32 bit), and select the checkbox that says "look in subfolders" or whatever. If that fails, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Arduino software.

The board was malfunctional; Had it exchanged, working now. Thanks anyway, everybody! :)