780 for £350 or wait for the 780 TI?

i was wondering if i should miss out on this awesome deal because of the 780 TI with 2880 CUDA cores, which is insane.

what do you think?

I'd say buy it, or wait for 800-series.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

780TI ;)

Wait for 780 Ti and aftermarket 290x's before deciding. The 780 will likely be even cheaper then. You can also make a more informed decision later.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

i was wondering if i should miss out on this awesome deal because of the 780 TI with 2880 CUDA cores, which is insane.

what do you think?

Where can I get a 780 for £350 ??

780 for 350 dollar is a no brainer( if it is new). 780ti will not be a whole lot faster, let's say 15-20% OC to OC, but for a 300 dollar price increase. Not worth it unless you wan't to have the biggest epenis until a 200 dollar Maxwell blows your 780ti away in 10 months from now. So that 300 dollar saved this year could be invested in a monster card next year( sell the 780 too for 200 dollar or so next year). So you can buy the top Maxwell next year and still have great performance this year.

780 for 350 dollar is a no brainer( if it is new). 780ti will not be a whole lot faster, let's say 15-20% OC to OC, but for a 300 dollar price increase. Not worth it unless you wan't to have the biggest epenis until a 200 dollar Maxwell blows your 780ti away in 10 months from now. So that 300 dollar saved this year could be invested in a monster card next year( sell the 780 too for 200 dollar or so next year). So you can buy the top Maxwell next year and still have great performance this year.

£ not $, big difference.  

current system:  i5 2500k @4.5ghz cooled by antec 620 - asrock z77 extreme 4 - 8gb corsair RAM - MSI Twin Frorz 7950 in crossfire - XFX 850w  - Fractal design R4 - samsung 840 120gb ssd - 500gb wd blue hdd - 1440p korean qnix monitor (love it!)

£ not $, big difference.  

Wow yes indeed, sorry for that mistake. Yea 350 pounds is quite a smack of money. But it will definitely be a much better bang for buck than the 780ti. I guess if you have a decent card right now, you should hold on till all the cards are on the table so 780 ghz 780ti and 290x and 290. It will be a fierce battle for sure. But if you need/really want a new card today I would choose the 780(or 770/280x as they are much better bang for buck and then go for a Maxwell/20nm AMD offering next year which will buy you a lot more power for the same money than today) 

Where can I get a 780 for £350 ??

well its £380 on scan, but one of my friends has 2 780s he bought a few weeks ago, and now the 780ti is coming, he is thinking about selling it to me for 350

its in pounds not dollars, I live in the UK

after the price drops it went to 420, and now i can get one for as cheap as 350

sorry i didnt realize someone had already corrected you :)

i have the 670 atm, just out of curiosity, how much improvement is maxwell? i heard it has a cpu on the gpu 

the 290X is a fucking winner in my opinion, but these temps got me worrying, really want to buy the 290X and water cool it but i'll have to wait and see benchmarks first

its in pounds not dollars, I live in the UK

after the price drops it went to 420, and now i can get one for as cheap as 350

sorry i didnt realize someone had already corrected you :)

i have the 670 atm, just out of curiosity, how much improvement is maxwell? i heard it has a cpu on the gpu 

If you are not rich do yourself a favour and wait till maxwell. 670 to 780 would bring you 30%-40% increase but expect twice the performance of the 670 with maxwell. The 670 is still great; try to push it to 1200mhz core, should be easily achievable. I am thinking of grabbing myself a 670 right now for 160 euro and hold it out til maxwell with it.

If you can afford a 780ti what's the point of not waiting?

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

If you can afford a 780ti what's the point of not waiting?

i can, i was gonna get 2 780s or wait for 780ti and go SLI when i have the money for the second 780ti

If you are not rich do yourself a favour and wait till maxwell. 670 to 780 would bring you 30%-40% increase but expect twice the performance of the 670 with maxwell. The 670 is still great; try to push it to 1200mhz core, should be easily achievable. I am thinking of grabbing myself a 670 right now for 160 euro and hold it out til maxwell with it.

the card is great to be honest, but i've been saying oh ill wait for the 780, and when it came out i said oh ill wait for the 290X, and now im saying oh ill wait for maxwell it'll be awesome. its like this constant circle im going around until my 670 gets outdated and have to upgrade haha. think i will just wait, any news on when it will be out?

the card is great to be honest, but i've been saying oh ill wait for the 780, and when it came out i said oh ill wait for the 290X, and now im saying oh ill wait for maxwell it'll be awesome. its like this constant circle im going around until my 670 gets outdated and have to upgrade haha. think i will just wait, any news on when it will be out?

670 isn't outdated quite yet. So I'd say stick to it till Maxwell. Your money though ;) Nope, rumour has it that it will be summer 2014 in best scenario, but realistically expect it around this period next year.

Wait for aftermarket 290X cards and the 780ti.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Here's how I usually upgrade my GPU's. Right now I'm running two 7970's. Ok so when a new card comes out that can outperform both of my cards, I then buy one and quickly buy another.

2x 7970 let's say the new nVidia Maxwell card comes out and it performs better than 2x 7970s. Then I get one GTX 880, then a month or so later get another one. Although the truth of the matter is I'm considering of sticking with one card vs. getting two cards again. 

Completely up to you, although I would wait for Maxwell.

that is a good strategy if you run crossfire or sli, i have 1 GPU, basically every card above it, will win againts it apart from like the 270x and downwards. but i like your strategy 

I was in the same debate, ended up getting the 780 myself. My prices are US but for me $500 was near the top of my budget and regardless of the performance of the 780ti I was not dropping $700 on a card. On the 290x front I'm still skeptical even on the aftermarket cooler front. After seeing what some are getting even water cooled the 290x is starting to feel like what AMD did with the 9590 where you have something coming factory near the top of its clock speed. Hard to say but so far the overclocks are not looking outstanding. I was able with my MSI GTX 780 gaming to overclock with the air cooler to a point that beat the 290X benchmarks I have seen, even based on what people were getting with the 290x overlocked.

I was in the same debate, ended up getting the 780 myself. My prices are US but for me $500 was near the top of my budget and regardless of the performance of the 780ti I was not dropping $700 on a card. On the 290x front I'm still skeptical even on the aftermarket cooler front. After seeing what some are getting even water cooled the 290x is starting to feel like what AMD did with the 9590 where you have something coming factory near the top of its clock speed. Hard to say but so far the overclocks are not looking outstanding. I was able with my MSI GTX 780 gaming to overclock with the air cooler to a point that beat the 290X benchmarks I have seen, even based on what people were getting with the 290x overlocked.

700 is quite ridiculous for a graphics card i must admit, i could get 2 780s for that price

sli (well, crossfire) 290 might be an option too.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ