Which Graphics Card To Choose For A Prebuilt PC

amazingathlete

Which Graphics Card To Choose For A Prebuilt PC. I have gotten a prebuilt PC with a graphics card included, but this isn't enough to get me where I want in games. I have gotten a http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/lenovo-lenovo-h50-desktop-pc-amd-a10-7800-1tb-hdd-8gb-ram-amd-radeon-360-graphics-windows-10-h50-55-90bg003kus/10422795.aspx?path=614e6b54c7929187a3f9809a8151a8b0en02. It has a 280 Watt power supply but I want a new graphics card under $200 CAD ($150 USD) that I don't have to replace the power supply. Is it possible? 

1 minute ago, amazingathlete said:

Which Graphics Card To Choose For A Prebuilt PC. I have gotten a prebuilt PC with a graphics card included, but this isn't enough to get me where I want in games. I have gotten a http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/lenovo-lenovo-h50-desktop-pc-amd-a10-7800-1tb-hdd-8gb-ram-amd-radeon-360-graphics-windows-10-h50-55-90bg003kus/10422795.aspx?path=614e6b54c7929187a3f9809a8151a8b0en02. It has a 280 Watt power supply but I want a new graphics card under $200 CAD ($150 USD) that I don't have to replace the power supply. Is it possible? 

rx 460 (Not sure if the 470 requires another plug) 

2 minutes ago, amazingathlete said:

You have a 7800 and a 360.

I can tell you one thing: The 360 isn't the bottleneck. You're looking at a pretty substantial system upgrade.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I don't think it's possible with only 280w

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/25/2016 at 1:02 PM, STRMfrmXMN said:

You have a 7800 and a 360.

I can tell you one thing: The 360 isn't the bottleneck. You're looking at a pretty substantial system upgrade.

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

You said your PC isn't getting you the performance you want in games so you want to upgrade the GPU. Well, although this would normally be the best way to go about things, your CPU is very weak and is likely why you're not getting the performance you want in games.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

1 minute ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

You said your PC isn't getting you the performance you want in games so you want to upgrade the GPU. Well, although this would normally be the best way to go about things, your CPU is very weak and is likely why you're not getting the performance you want in games.

What do you recommend to get as a new CPU

6 minutes ago, amazingathlete said:

What do you recommend to get as a new CPU

Well if this is a prebuilt PC then that's a huge operation because I wouldn't recommend anything on the FM2 socket, which is what you're using. I'd recommend you upgrade to an Intel CPU, maybe a used 2500K or something like that, which will require a new motherboard for you.

2 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Well if this is a prebuilt PC then that's a huge operation because I wouldn't recommend anything on the FM2 socket, which is what you're using. I'd recommend you upgrade to an Intel CPU, maybe a used 2500K or something like that, which will require a new motherboard for you.

Do you have any other recommendations and for the 2500k do you know any good motherboards? And would this work with my power supply

Do you have any other recommendations and for the 2500k do you know any good motherboards? And would this work with my power supply

Any other recommendations for a CPU? Well any Core i5 or i7, and really any Core i3, post Sandy Bridge would be a solid upgrade. For a 2500K it really doesn't matter as long as it's Micro ATX so you can fit it in the case of your old Lenovo. 

Yes, it would likely work with your PSU.