Best deal on the Steam Winter Sale and why?

Aereldor

Greetings to everyone who encounters this thread.

I want to ask you what you think is the best deal on the ongoing 2016 Steam Winter Sale. Since value is entirely subjective, I would also like for everyone to explain why they think their choice is the best deal on Steam right now.

The intention is for this thread to serve as a database for people who are looking to pick up a game or two on sale; but are unsure of what to buy, and would like to consider value as a primary deciding criterion. If the thread gets enough replies, I will ask if it is appropriate for it to be moved to the hot deals section. 

I would also like to request that discussion is limited, so that the majority of this thread's content consists of people's opinions on what they think is the best deal and why, rather than discussions resulting from their choices. I would prefer if it is taken to personal messages. 

Furthermore, I would like to request that every user read at least the title of all previous submissions, so duplicate recommendations are not posted.

Thank you for your submissions!

Regards,

Aereldor.

Fallout 4 for 19$ is pretty good. You get a free open world and you get to build bases with an occasional attack of the base here and there. Lots of open world to explore and many things to find. Also it has a decent story, well worth the price. I have spent 4 and a half days on this game and am still enjoying it. http://store.steampowered.com/app/377160/

CPU: i7-6700K | Motherboard: MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4-2666 Memory

Solid State Drives: Two PNY 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drives | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition

PSU: Thermaltake Smart 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply | Case: Thermaltake Core V71 ATX Full Tower Case.

PCPartPicker

Age of Empires II HD 4.99 (75% off)

Timeless real-time strategy game that has held up after 17 years. By far the best balance in an online strategy game, with varied factions and support for 8 players. Each civilization has benefits making them each feel unique for veterans and novices alike.

Campaign: Includes 5 + 6 campaigns with about 9 battles or scenarios each. The difficulty ramps up quite slowly making it a steady climb for newcomers and the story or narrative gives "hints" as to the strengths of a civilization before beginning the scenario. The difficulty can be changed if you feel it's too easy or difficult. The campaigns are loosely based on the ventures of conquerors or resistance forces across the years 1000 to 1400. William Wallace's campaign is relatively easy as it teaches you the basics of movement, tech, buildings, and units.

Soundtrack: F#ck It. Turn it off and make the game as hard as possible. /s

The music is calming, though there are only a few tracks for each civilization and for random maps. I would recommend playing some electronica or instrumental music.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

23 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Age of Empires II HD 4.99 (75% off)

Timeless real-time strategy game that has held up after 17 years. By far the best balance in an online strategy game, with varied factions and support for 8 players. Each civilization has benefits making them each feel unique for veterans and novices alike.

Age of Empires 3 Complete also for $7.99 80% off is really good too.

Personally it's a toss up between AOE2, AOE3 and AOM for my favorite RTS. Played them all equally :x

CPU Intel i5 4690k Mobo Gigabyte B85M-D3H GPU Sapphire Nitro AMD R9 Fury RAM 16.0GB @1600Mhz HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB 

SSD Samsung EVO 250GB PSU Corsair CS750M  Case Corsair 350D Cooling Corsair H80i Monitor 2x AOC 2769M IPS Os Win 10 Home   

Ori and the Blind Forest

€9.99,-

This game is easily worth the full price but with 50% deal it is a steal. One of the best if not the best modern platforming game with awesome puzzles, story, graphics, music and gameplay. Also has some RPG elements and it is open world.

The Talos Principle

€9.99,-

Puzzle game that goes toe to toe with Portal 2 in my opinion. Awesome story, game play and puzzles in an open world environment. Very well optimized and nice graphics. It is also touching philosophy a lot especially existence.

Civilization V Complete Edition, at 92% discount, you get an amazing Turn Based Strategy and a whole lot, like a ton of replayability, it is also easy to get into for you new comers that hasn't tried any of the Civilization franchise and you also get the entire DLC which include a more polished experience, a whole lot of new nations which each having different characateristics in how they react, a bunch of moaaaar maps, and much more. still not enough? go check steam workshop and look for what you want there. If you want to step it up, get the Civ 6, still new and only at 10% discount

Psychonauts - 90% off £0.69 / $0.99

An absolute bargain for what is one of the best 3D Platform / Adventure games of all time. An old game now but easily stands the test of time. Takes about 15 - 20 hours to complete depending on how much of the extra stuff you do. 

http://store.steampowered.com/app/3830/

Really good FPS games with good graphic and story, a must at those price <---- that's the WHY for all the following games

Crysis 3 - 4.99 standard edition 75% off on Origin 

Metro last light bundle (redux and 2033) - 6.59 on steam

Dead space bundle 1/2 - 8.74 on steam

Counter strike: global offensive - 11.29 on greenmangaming

Doom - 18.99 on greenmangaming

$CAD Dollar$

That's pretty much it for me hope it help

My own recommendation would be The Witcher 3 GOTY. There's no point citing specifics as Steam pricing changes by region, but it's 40% off. The game has won more awrds than any other game I'e heard of. Here's why I think it's the best deal on the Steam Winter Sale-

• The open-world: The game features one of the largest, most breathtaking, and most detailed open-world environments to date. It consists of four absolutely, staggeringly enormous open world zones, each of which are packed with enough detail to feel more alive than any fictional open-world to date.
  • The story: The game features about 100 hours of story content at least when you count the DLCs. Each story presents unique and compelling characters, mature and well-developed themes, and multiple paths and endings based on your choices. It also happens to be the best point of entry into the Witcher series, serving as a good set-up for the previous games; rather than vice versa.
  • The cinematic experience: This game is just about as cinematic with its dialogue as it gets. This doesn't include just the main quest, but every side quest; down to the very smallest. This, coupled with the range of voice actors, makes even merchants memorable. The only game that could possibly surpass The Witcher 3 in this aspect is SWTOR.
  • The gameplay: The Witcher 3 features one of the most nuanced, intuitive, and straight-up fun combat systems of all time. The game is designed to be played on the maximum difficulty, which necessitates preparation for every battle; studying the type of foe you're up against, changing your equipment to suit its strength and weaknesses, formulating a strategy, and using the right abilities. The game is unforgiving if you try to waltz through it, but utterly rewarding if you play you cards right. Speaking of cards-
  • Gwent: I'd say this mini-game is worth the full price all by itself, but its integration into The Witcher 3 is seamless. Gwent is enough to restore your faith in mini-games if you dislike them, and put every other mini-game to shame if you enjoy them. That's how good it is. As a matter of fact, they're about to release a standalone Gwent game; motivated solely by the overwhelming player demand for it.
  • The graphics: To say this game is jaw-droppingly beautiful is an understatement, but most people are already aware of that. Many are aware of the downgrade of the game's graphics on the PC to match the console experience, but these people forget that they're own the game on PC. With just one small mod - Essenthy Onigami's Super Turbo Lighting Mod - you can restore the unsurpassed visual fidelity seen in the E3 trailers.
  • The combat music: I'm one of the few that things The Witcher 3's soundtrack features some incredible numbers, but is flawed in its entirety due to the musical inconsistency and placement of the more peaceful tracks. However, believe me when I say you won't notice. The combat soundtrack to the game is written and played out by a tradition polish folk band by the name of 'Percival'. Their music is uniquely intense and entirely awesome, and elevates the combat in this game to new heights in terms of intensity, enjoyment, and immersion. Here's a sample.

I'd say it's the best deal on Steam even at full price, but there's no question at 40% off.

Well, those are my two cents anyway.

DOOM

There's demons and you should kill them, because they are demons. 

http://store.steampowered.com/app/379720/

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Dragon age-inquisition (game of the year edition) - 50% 19.99 on origin

Come with all the DLC and exclusive stuff so no need to say why xD

Dragon dogma-dark ariser - 60% 15.99 on steam

Same style as dragon age but hardcore

HuniePop is only 2.74 CAD what a steal!

Mouse: Logitech g402 <3

Keyboard: Some Tenkeyless with blue kalih switches

Headphones: Logitech g430

Monitor: HP w2207h (1680 x 1050 @ 60hz)

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

Tablet: Ipad 2 16gb

Laptop:Toshiba satelite with 8gb of ram a 480gb ssd and a mobile 2nd gen I3

6 hours ago, Sirmat said:

Really good FPS games with good graphic and story, a must at those price

Crysis 3 -

Metro last light bundle (redux and 2033) - 

Dead space bundle 1/2 - 

Counter strike: global offensive - 

Doom -

You need to explain why. That's why it's preferable if users limit themselves to one recommendation.

2 hours ago, Sirmat said:

Dragon age-inquisition (game of the year edition) - 50% 19.99 on origin

Come with all the DLC and exclusive stuff so no need to say why xD

Dragon dogma-dark ariser - 60% 15.99 on steam

Same style as dragon age but hardcore

There is a need to explain why, but not in this case, since that is not a Steam deal! I didn't think I would have to explain this, but an Origin deal is an inappropriate recommendation for a thread about Steam deals.

2 hours ago, crysilis said:

HuniePop is only 2.74 CAD what a steal!

But why is it a steal? There's a reason I requested users explain their recommendations, as they don't have any weight if they're just titles and prices. 

DOOM, Resident Evil games (which reminds me I need to pick those up)

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

DOOM, Resident Evil games (which reminds me I need to pick those up)

But why? Why do you think those games are good value? The reason I put explaining your recommendations in the guidelines for this thread is because a title alone doesn't mean anything if someone doesn't already know about it.

3 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

But why? Why do you think those games are good value? The reason I put explaining your recommendations in the guidelines for this thread is because a title alone doesn't mean anything if someone doesn't already know about it.

Oh, didn't read that. Ummm, because they're good games :D

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

We know that those game are good value cause we did like everyone else ... we searched about it, checked gameplay on youtube, review ...

Transistor is also on sale. I didnt know because I already own it. No one should go through life without playing this, even if it is short. Atmospheric action tactical RPG

Edited by ivan134

3 minutes ago, Sirmat said:

We know that those game are good value cause we did like everyone else ... we searched about it, checked gameplay on youtube, review ...

Yeah, but this thread is about your opinions. Almost every other user here has substantiated their recommendations with personal reasons. A personal recommendation doesn't mean anything if it's just a title.

3 minutes ago, No said:

gta v is my favorite game and its half off

But why is it your favourite game? Your recommendation doesn't count until you tell people why!

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

But why is it your favourite game? Your recommendation doesn't count until you tell people why!

fine.

so its an open world multiplayer game thats really fun with friends and you can literally do anything and with the winter atmosphere it looks really nice ill add more later i

9 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

DOOM

There's demons and you should kill them, because they are demons. 

http://store.steampowered.com/app/379720/

Doom is a couple dollars cheaper on gmg, about 17 i think with the extra 10% off.  

Also it is amazing and completely worth every penny.  The story mode is awesome and tons of fun, I've played it through a couple times now and it just doesn't get old!  The multiplayer is pretty sweet too.  

Oh and the metal!  Pure, soothing metal to listen to whilst you're slaying hell's vilest creatures  :x

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

3d mark for 4.94 cad

Lots of fun! Tells you how cool you are among the elite and then realize they all have 1080 and titan xp in sli with 6950x

Payday 2 and arma 3. Friends had so much fun with it. Did not own it as computer was crappy and costs too much at that time 

Rocket League. Very fun game with friends until you rage and break the controller for real. Stopped playing for a while as waiting for a new controller as kb experience isn't good

Can't remember price though