Poll: 4K@60hz vs 21:9@75~100hz? For gamers.

gengyuntx

Poll: 4K@60hz vs 21:9@75~100hz? For gamers.  

12 members have voted

1. 1. For gaming (mainly some fps flagships like elderly scrolls, witcher3, Tomb Raider, Assassin's Creed Shadow of Mordor and such), some work with coding and LaTex working which is better? Please advise

• 4K@60hz (Sharp Image & more pixels)
    • 21:9@75~100hz (Cinematic Experience & Higher Refresh Rates)
    • Tough Choice. Dammit.

I was advised to create a poll on my previous posted thread. Please respond.  I quote my original question as follows:

Link:

Quote:

I'm been working ridiculously hard recently and I need to give myself a Christmas gift. I'm in the market to get myself a new monitor and I need your advice. 

I'm running GTX1080 and Intel 4790K. I currently have a 28inch Dell 4K monitor--but it's not all that great-- it only supports 4K at 30hz (old monitor). Which was acceptable at first but now I really want a higher refresh rate.

Now here is the question: 4K at 60hz--there is no higher refresh rate supported currently if I'm not mistaken; or 21:9, 2k at 70 to 100hz. 

I really like the vibrant color, sharp image delivered by 4K and nothing else but I also really want a cinematic experience that only a 21:9 can deliver and going from 30hz I realized that refresh rate is essential. 

Help please? I'm probably not (oh who knows) going to upgrade my monitor for another (at least) 4 to five years and I want a solid pick that I will thank myself for. Thank you in advance for helping. 

I'd prefer 1080p 144Hz as that's the resolution most games still work best with. I also only play Overwatch so that's just their lack of FOV adjustment past 1080p talking as well xD

That said, although 4K sounds cool I think that you would need a huge monitor to take advantage of that many pixels, like 31" or more, and I don't see myself needing a monitor that big nor that many pixels. 1440P 16:9 or 21:9 would be my max.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

VR is coming in, so buying a fancy monitor won't be future-proofing.

I love my ultrawide.