Found this comment on a youtube video about the Macbook Pro... What you think about it?

Ever seen someone defending the new Macbook "Pro", furiously?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Have you? How were those comments?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, Dash Lambda said:

It's all preference, but I still don't really understand how you can tolerate it. I can type on it just fine, but I can't do so without constantly thinking about how much I hate it.

I winder if they'll at one point just throw out the keyboard altogether and replace it with a touch panel and haptics...

I really hope not... At some point I'll eventually need a new laptop, so I'm really hoping Apple doesn't do that. Honestly, I vastly prefer OSX, especially on a laptop, and wouldn't want a Windows laptop (and yes, I have used/owned high end windows laptops), but I really don't know what I would do if I needed a new laptop right now. On the one hand, I'd want to get the new 15" Pro because I like getting the newest of the new, I'd rather have usb-c since I'd expect to keep the laptop for 6+ years, I like the bigger trackpad/better display/speakers/ssd, and I like the lower weight.....but the two points of contention for me would be the keyboard and the battery life. If it was just the keyboard, I'd be pretty solid about getting the new one. But the battery life really makes it kind of a 50/50 choice between the new 15" and the 2015 15" (plus the lack of an iGPU only option really sucks imo).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

11 hours ago, Dash Lambda said:

As for the Thunderbolt issue (Isn't it a 1st gen TB3 controller, not TB1?),

I meant 1st gen TB3

10 hours ago, Nuluvius said:

I can assure you that they do and based on my professional experience they are significantly more fragile and sensitive than other laptops.

You seem to be having significant problems actually comprehending the fundamental differences between what is subjective, what is objective and what qualifies as qualitative and quantitative measures.

I really don't know what you do with your laptops in that case

Second, subjective can vary a lot from person to person, while the objective is scientifically measured, but everything cannot be scientifically measured and those things will base on majority votes. For example, the difference in the above mentioned are as clear as the sun rising in the east and is universally accepted by everyone

All you have done here is to vomit subjective statements backed by nothing other than opinion - mostly your own for the largest part... No one is dismissing anything but you are making statements such as X is 'best in class' (whatever that means)... Why? Against what and measured by what matrix or validated by what figures?

Making claims? I repeatedly said you can google yourself and find it out, meaning you're completely open to dispute me otherwise from any source. In the case, shouldn't be an advantage for you to point out sources who do indeed disagree with what I say? I honestly can't waste my time, going through YouTube and articles and point out the different instances where people said the above mentioned is great.

And besides, I did provide you with a graph where something was objective, SSD but you gleefully ignored it. In the Display's case, it's P3 Wide colour gamut with 500 nits of brightness which is also a well-established fact that you keep ignoring

Yet when pressed all seem able to do is to just revert by default back to that same statement time and time again:

The fundamental problem here has got nothing to do with the subject matter, it's that you have demonstrated a truly profound degree of ignorance by comming in here and stating that X is 'best in class' with absolutely nothing of substance or value to back that up with...

Look who's talking, Please you're the one who keeps going back to your default statement using it as a meaningless shield from frankly the truth. Since you're so adamantly refuse to search google yourself, I'll provide a few links (of which you'll have to specifically find the part where they talk about display, audio, keyboard, trackpad, SSD)

https://www.engadget.com/2016/11/14/macbook-pro-review-2016/

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-MacBook-Pro-15-Late-2016-2-6-GHz-i7-Notebook-Review.185254.0.html

http://www.macworld.co.uk/review/mac-laptops/new-macbook-pro-2016-review-touch-bar-update-3648587/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhCJuJoE6wM

You might not get concrete answers on everything like the trackpad, for example, you'll have to check 12" Macbook review for that since the same trackpad is used there. Same goes on with the speaker.  This is what I meant by everything scattered on the web

The rest of what you said is pretty much the same shit you've been trying to make an argument out of

2 hours ago, RedRound2 said:

I really don't know what you do with your laptops in that case

They have been used as development machines for cross platform work.

Making claims? I repeatedly said you can google yourself and find it out, meaning you're completely open to dispute me otherwise from any source. In the case, shouldn't be an advantage for you to point out sources who do indeed disagree with what I say?

You are completely missing the point yet again. I really don't know how I can say it for you any more simply. I'll try again then: The subject matter is not what is in dispute. You have come in here stating that objectively (yes you used that word, quite a lot) X is 'best in class' yet you have provided absolutely nothing whatsoever as a basis for that claim. Moreover when you have been asked to do so all you have done is compound your own ignorance with comments such as:

16 hours ago, RedRound2 said:

I have proof, it just scattered around the web.

And better yet:

I can't just point out a single source rather I have to spend a lot of time and collect everything.

Eluding to the fact that you have indeed fielded your argument without prior research. In other words you have confused objectivity with subjectivity i.e. your own opinion: you think that something is the best.

If you had come in here instead stating that: 'I think that X is better than Y or X is best in class because...' or 'X is best in class as can be demonstrated by x, y & z therefore...' Then there would never have been a problem... Don't you think.

Quintessentially if you make statements that something is objectively better than something else or that something is objectively 'best in class' then you have to be prepared to back up why that is the case. I am afraid that the burden of proof falls on you.

Perhaps others would have enjoyed to have a good read of some interesting source material - you could have used a range of both quantitative measures such as benchmarks as well as qualitative measures such as reviews for instance.

Unfortunately however, you seem to have instead decided to abandon your own arguments by making obnoxious noises such as:

He didn't ask for proof and he probably knows that I'm right, he's just dismissing it as subjective

Finally followed by resorting to being overtly rude and hostile thus completely debasing yourself:

The rest of what you said is pretty much the same shit you've been trying to make an argument out of

One can only conclude that you are clearly incapable of fielding a well structured argument and when criticised over this and given the chance to do so you get angry about it... It's rather sad really...

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

10 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

I really hope not... At some point I'll eventually need a new laptop, so I'm really hoping Apple doesn't do that. Honestly, I vastly prefer OSX, especially on a laptop, and wouldn't want a Windows laptop (and yes, I have used/owned high end windows laptops), but I really don't know what I would do if I needed a new laptop right now. On the one hand, I'd want to get the new 15" Pro because I like getting the newest of the new, I'd rather have USB-C since I'd expect to keep the laptop for 6+ years, I like the bigger trackpad/better display/speakers/ssd, and I like the lower weight.....but the two points of contention for me would be the keyboard and the battery life. If it was just the keyboard, I'd be pretty solid about getting the new one. But the battery life really makes it kind of a 50/50 choice between the new 15" and the 2015 15" (plus the lack of an iGPU only option really sucks IMO).

What do you prefer about OSX? The only real benefit it has that I can see is ease of use, but I haven't used it in a while.

Also, I find it kind'a funny that you want a version without the dGPU. I completely agree there, but it just seems like an incredibly rare opinion.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

12 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

What do you prefer about OSX? The only real benefit it has that I can see is ease of use, but I haven't used it in a while.

Also, I find it kind'a funny that you want a version without the dGPU. I completely agree there, but it just seems like an incredibly rare opinion.

I think a lot of people would actually not want a dGPU. I don't do anything graphically intensive, so to me a dGPU is more or less worthless. I think a lot of people who end up with dGPUs end up buying one because they see it as being better therefore they have to have the better one. 

I don't know if I'd call OSX any easier to use than Windows. From my perspective the majority of things that people do are the same on both -- i.e. web browsing is the same on both, Office is the same on both, etc... 

The (multitouch) trackpad is a big selling point for me, as is the good UI scaling. I've also found that Macs tend to age better and feel faster for longer (and require me to do a fresh install less frequently). Plus the amazing better life is another one -- the alternative to my 15" Pro would have been an XPS 15, which has worse battery life (and I also prefer the aluminum unibody design).

I also have an iPhone and having texts, calls, and video chats sync seamlessly between my laptop and phone is amazing -- I can leave my phone at home and go somewhere with my laptop and still be able to text anyone who has an iPhone. And yes, I know there are alternatives to texting on Android and ways to sync texts between your phone and your computer, but it doesn't work as seamlessly and it usually requires you (and the other person) to use a third party service. So that right there is one of the reasons why I wouldn't 

I also do a decent amount of work in Linux when doing school work, so a lot of the stuff I do in a Linux VM I can also do in terminal if I'm being lazy, plus being able to SSH natively is also really nice. 

I prefer OS X's implementation of virtual desktops. Scrolling generally feels smoother. I find spotlight to be far more useful than start menu search. 

And there are probably a few more reasons that I'm just not thinking about. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

build quality the best

LOL good joke. Best joke I have heard in a long time.

Please go out and compare it to a real business class laptop and come back with a broken macbook and a working business laptop

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

5 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

-snip-

I dont remenber the name of the guy from youtube for you to pm him that message xD.

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

I dont remenber the name of the guy from youtube for you to pm him that message xD.

He would just think that I was insane, because he is most likely a iSheep. (I don't know if he is a iSheep or just very very ill informed.)

You know what, he should see a toughbook, those are hard to kill. My T420s doesn't want to die (even after 8m drop, I was pushed), but a toughbook is just a tank, inside a bigger tank, inside a even bigger tank.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

38 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

He would just think that I was insane, because he is most likely a iSheep. (I don't know if he is a iSheep or just very very ill informed.)

An iSheep? Sounds more like an:

phSIdJg.jpg

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

I skipped the comments so someone might have touched on this already and I am pretty sure it was talked about on WAN, but the mac's battery life is so bad that Apple just removed the time remaining indicator on the laptops so all the user sees is the percentage remaining. HP did the same thing with their spectre 360s. Companies solution to bad battery life? Remove the indicator! LOL. Anyway, that dude (original quoted comment) is out of his mind with all of this "best in class" talk, I have never liked macs and probably never will, however that won't make me tell someone it has bad specs if they're genuinely good, but in this case Apple fell sort with their pro line.

48 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

You know what, he should see a toughbook, those are hard to kill. My T420s doesn't want to die (even after 8m drop, I was pushed), but a toughbook is just a tank, inside a bigger tank, inside a even bigger tank.

But considering the size of your T420/or a tough book how can you even compare it's build quality to a MacBook?

I don't read comments on YouTube so...

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

3 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

-snip-

You got the right idea... you might get depressed if you do xD. Or simply lose intelligence, by the levels of stupidy laying around in that dreadful place, smh!

Groomlake Authority

8 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

You got the right idea... you might get depressed if you do xD. Or simply lose intelligence, by the levels of stupidy laying around in that dreadful place, smh!

Lol, do you know what the "~snip~" means where you quoted me?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

7 hours ago, Dackzy said:

I used to have a basement full of Toughbooks, old yellow ones that AT&T cycled out, they were used by service personnel. I played around with a few that had been dropped from most of the way up a phone pole, one of them into a puddle.

There was only aesthetic damage.

I loved their hard drives -They were before SSD's were everywhere, so they had delicate little mechanical drives. To deal with that, they literally built an entire second housing with layers of gel and padding on the inside.

7 hours ago, AG1233 said:

But considering the size of your T420 or a Toughbook, how can you even compare its build quality to that of a MacBook?

The T420 is actually a relatively normal sized 14" notebook. Just a bit chunky is all.

If it makes you feel any better, I've got a T450s, and its build quality still laughs at the MacBook Pro.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

8 hours ago, AG1233 said:

But considering the size of your T420/or a tough book how can you even compare it's build quality to a MacBook?

actually I have the T420s (it is thinner than the T420), which is by today standards still a fairly normal sized 14" laptop, only a bit thicker than new 14" laptops, but hey I can swap my CPU for a quad core and cool it... Well you can choose to look at the t460s, instead of a four year old laptop, it is Ultrabook in every way, but it runs circles around a Macbook when it comes to build quality. It also has the chip unlocked to be 25w, meaning stable boost as long as the temps don't get out of hand.

20 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

actually I have the T420s (it is thinner than the T420), which is by today standards still a fairly normal sized 14" laptop, only a bit thicker than new 14" laptops, but hey I can swap my CPU for a quad core and cool it... Well you can choose to look at the t460s, instead of a four year old laptop, it is Ultrabook in every way, but it runs circles around a Macbook when it comes to build quality. It also has the chip unlocked to be 25w, meaning stable boost as long as the temps don't get out of hand.

That's pretty cool being able to swap CPU's and I apologise for missing the S in your previous post.

1 hour ago, Dash Lambda said:

The T420 is actually a relatively normal sized 14" notebook. Just a bit chunky is all.

If it makes you feel any better, I've got a T450s, and its build quality still laughs at the MacBook Pro.

The T420 is normally sized agreed,but that laptop has a considerable amount of depth that I wouldn't like in a laptop and IMO it wouldn't be fair to compare it's build quality to any ultrabook, not just the MacBook.

27 minutes ago, AG1233 said:

That's pretty cool being able to swap CPU's and I apologise for missing the S in your previous post.

don't sweat it ;)