Found this comment on a youtube video about the Macbook Pro... What you think about it?

Ever seen someone defending the new Macbook "Pro", furiously?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Have you? How were those comments?

• Yes
    • No

In a nutshell

jMspSZ5.jpg

9 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

You sure thats the best course of action xD? Silence all those that like Apple? But what about those that defend low end android, the worst brands and alike? Those should be nuked all the time instead xD. 

He said fanboys, not those that like Apple?

You can like Apple and not be a fanboy; a fanboy is someone who aimlessly defends and a company regardless of facts that stare them right in the face, refuse to accept any view point other than their own and are basically mentally challenged.

Just now, obi-fade-kenobi said:

-snip-

Heres the thing... the internet cant distinguish one from another, so anything related to Apple = ISheep....

Groomlake Authority

3 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Heres the thing... the internet cant distinguish one from another, so anything related to Apple = ISheep....

Meh... Then those people are equally stupid. I don't call people who like Apple fanboys or iSheep, I call fanboys, well, fanboys and have never called anyone an iSheep :P

Some people are blatantly a fanboy though. 

If you like Apple, no problem, just be prepared to backup your reasons and opinion with either facts or experience, not a load of bollocks such as 'pure facts' when someone questions the source of your statements 

8 minutes ago, obi-fade-kenobi said:

-snip-

Its so true, that it makes me sad. Heck, i cant say i distaste Samsungs politics, because everyone is a Samsung "fanboy", i cant say i like Apple, because its considered Apple "fanboy". I cant say the Google Pixel is good, because im considered Googles own "inbred".... Why is 70% of the world population so friggin retarded -.-

Groomlake Authority

25 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Its so true, that it makes me sad. Heck, i cant say i distaste Samsungs politics, because everyone is a Samsung "fanboy", i cant say i like Apple, because its considered Apple "fanboy". I cant say the Google Pixel is good, because im considered Googles own "inbred".... Why is 70% of the world population so friggin retarded -.-

Modern day Tech thought police

"Don't like things i don't like, also your choices are shit and I am better at spending muh money lol right guys pls love me"

2 hours ago, RedRound2 said:

What are you even trying to say? You completely dismiss what I say or pretend not to understand anything

I'm saying that everything that you have said is entirely your own opinion. Which it is.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

6 minutes ago, Nuluvius said:

I'm saying that everything that you have said is entirely your own opinion. Which it is.

Not exactly, the screen and SSD are objective facts, they are better than anything else on other laptops no argument (come on, give me a laptop with a 500nits or P3 colour gamut display, you can't oh damn)

The keyboard, speakers, trackpad and build quality are all subjective so you're half correct :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

3 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

-snip-

Can the Note 7 be considered a laptop xD? It reached over 1000 nits ehehe.

Well, the Alienware 13 has an OLED display, dunno which i would prefer honestly :p.

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Just grab a Samsung laptop and torch it no? (or just charge it and use it ;)

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

12 minutes ago, Nuluvius said:

Ok then prove me otherwise. Since it's subjective there must be someone reputable out there who says the display, ssd, build, audio all sucks

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

-snip-

Samsung laptops.... Why do i never see them for sale xD?

Groomlake Authority

Just now, RedRound2 said:

-snip-

I guess the only thing that sucks about the speakers is the fact that Windows boot camp blows them up... But its updated now...

But i am honestly, REALLY curious, as in how in the friggin world could a software issue create such a severe hardware issue, that literally makes the speaker dod.

Groomlake Authority

6 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Not exactly, the screen and SSD are objective facts, they are better than anything else on other laptops no argument (come on, give me a laptop with a 500nits or P3 colour gamut display, you can't oh damn)

The keyboard, speakers, trackpad and build quality are all subjective so you're half correct :P 

I'd also dump the speakers and trackpad into that as well. Apple trackpads have always been miles ahead of the competition, and the new Mac's speakers do sound really good (for ultrabook -- and even laptop in general -- speakers).

5 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Well, the Alienware 13 has an OLED display, dunno which i would prefer honestly :p.

Burn-in is still a thing. Also OLED isn't universally better than LCD (I haven't seen the Alienware's display, so I can't comment on it).

2 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

Ok then prove me otherwise. Since it's subjective there must be someone reputable out there who says the display, ssd, build, audio all sucks

The burden of proof is on you. It's up to the person making the claims to provide the initial proof. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I guess the only thing that sucks about the speakers is the fact that Windows boot camp blows them up... But its updated now...

But i am honestly, REALLY curious, as in how in the friggin world could a software issue create such a severe hardware issue, that literally makes the speaker dod.

Software can potentially destroy hardware (remove the shutdown command, if the CPU overheats)

And second, the blowing out issue was from one person so it really isnt credible at all

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

-snip-

When i compare my phone to my IPS LCD display on the desk.... the difference is mindblowing xD! Might be also because its a pretty weakling of a display tough...

Groomlake Authority

When i compare my phone to my IPS LCD display on the desk.... the difference is mindblowing xD! Might be also because its a pretty weakling of a display tough...

There are degrees of OLED/LCD. You can have an LCD display that looks nicer than an OLED display. So a screen being OLED doesn't automatically make it better.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

The burden of proof is on you. It's up to the person making the claims to provide the initial proof. 

My proof is all the reviews, ie if you dont fixate on the lack of ports argument. And besides you yourself agreed to what I said, so I don't really understand what you're talking about here

1 minute ago, RedRound2 said:

-snip-

But i had seen EAP with the same problem and other youtubers aswell, experiencing the issue :/. Hopefully wont happen again...

Groomlake Authority

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

-snip-

Yeah thats true. But are we talking of which price tags, 1000-5000€ worth on a professional editing 4K-5K monitor :P? 

Groomlake Authority

27 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

Why should I have to waste my time doing that? It is not important to me. Moreover you are missing the point; those were highly subjective statements that you had emitted, you had even used subjective wording... As had the quotation. That was the point.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

4 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

My proof is all the reviews, ie if you dont fixate on the lack of ports argument. And besides you yourself agreed to what I said, so I don't really understand what you're talking about here

My point is you shouldn't be making claims without providing a source to back it up -- especially if someone asks for proof. There is no reason for someone who is asking you to prove your claims to provide proof that counter your claims. The initial proof should be supplied by you. Only then does the other person have to supply proof to prove you wrong. 

I'm not the one who you told to supply proof (even though you didn't provide any specific proof either other than: "check reviews").

2 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Yeah thats true. But are we talking of which price tags, 1000-5000€ worth on a professional editing 4K-5K monitor :P? 

I mean that the iPhone 7's LCD display looks nicer than a lot of OLED displays and that the rMBP's LCD display might look better than the Alienware 13's OLED display. @VerticalDiscussions

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

-snip-

Yeah thats true. Sadly in the world of smartphones, the only ones that make breahtaking displays are Samsung, in pretty much every category, the remainders are users of Samsung that have low brightness levels, high deltaE 2016 colour variations are pretty bad and screen reflectance, but as soon as the general consumers sees the world OLED theyr like "OHHHHH, better than everything else!" -.-

Groomlake Authority

3 hours ago, RedRound2 said:
  • Build quality is the best in class, objectively. No flexes, solidly machined, premium and I would say the best built laptop on the market. And subjectively, according to most, beautiful
  • Keyboard, at first didn't seem great, but pretty much all reviewers started liking it even though it had less key travel. Butterfly 2.0 improves a lot on tactile clickiness, which I think is the reason why it's good around this time. Sure I wouldn't call it the best but it's as good as before but in a different way
  • Trackpad? Should that even be asked about? Apple's trackpad was already light years ahead f Windows alternatives and it's even better with the frankly innovative force touch which tricks you into thinking you actually clicked (IMO is the future)
  • Display again, objectively one of the best. P3 wide colour gamut and 500 nits isn't a joke
  • SSD speeds pretty much blows everything else available on the market out of the water. That itself is objective
  • Speakers are fantastic for a laptop this thin and light. Again check out reviews and experience it yourself, it's truly great

Eh...

-It's built solidly, but feel and quality aren't always directly related. It's very easy to make a box of aluminum and glass feel very rigid and solid, but it's far more difficult to get the durability of something like a Thinkpad (most of them, anyway). It's built well in a certain way, and it's built really poorly in others, just depends on what you're looking for.

-The keyboard's different. I hate it, other people love it, it's just not a trait that should be discussed under the guise of objectivity. I highly doubt it will gather the cult following Thinkpads have (Yes, I like Thinkpads.).

-I like the trackpad. That's something I actually really want other companies to learn from Apple. Not the bloody headphone jack or "make it thinner at all costs," COPY THE TRACKPAD GODDAMNIT.

-No idea about the display. I hate glossy with a passion, but aside from that I can't comment.

-Storage speed is also very good. It'd be nice if they made it open and upgradeable, but that's another matter entirely.

-The speakers are okay. From what I remember, they're a little underwhelming but nothing notably bad.

The new MacBook Pro, while it does some things exceptionally well, does other things uncharacteristically bad -Battery life, compatibility (bad even for Apple), performance (they already have an 'Air'), etc.

It's a fourth-gen product with first-gen issues in addition to Apple's own quirks... Pretty hard to defend.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.