Found this comment on a youtube video about the Macbook Pro... What you think about it?

Ever seen someone defending the new Macbook "Pro", furiously?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Have you? How were those comments?

• Yes
    • No

Hey there guys, so while i was scrolling trough this particular video commentaries, i noticed this large comment list and i ended up seeing a comment like this....

FYI New Macbook Pro has the best in class pretty much everything. Keyboard is new innovation and improved back lighting, TouchPad is one of a kind force touch with best in class performance, build quality the best, display is way brighter + P3 color gamut it's also best in class, hard drive speeds best in class, speakers best in class, software quality and optimization best in class, battery life is best in class, portability is amazing. Where did they cut corners? GPU? Ram? Oh that's cuz they wanted to have 10h battery life. And honestly those GPUs and 16GB RAM is more than enough for video editting. USB Type C/ thunderbolt 3 is the future. It's not a corner cut. Get over it.  Oh there are newly added feature too like touch Bar and touch ID. So I don't see any corner cutting here except all have got improved.

What you guys think of this person, that just named these characteristics about the laptop? I personally know what to call them, but if you want to share an opinion :p.

Groomlake Authority

That's like, his opinion, man

6 minutes ago, Generallee said:

-snip-

Well yeah sure, but his opinion is that the MacBook evolved in about every aspect... heres the problem, hes opinion is invalid, given the fact that it went down in some of the most crucial aspects, like perforamance and battery life.

Groomlake Authority

Just now, VerticalDiscussions said:

Well yeah sure, but his opinion is that the MacBook evolved in about every aspect... heres the problem, hes opinion is invalid, given the fact that it went down in some of the most crucial aspects, like perforamance and battery life.

Why does it bother you so much ? 

40 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Hey there guys, so while i was scrolling trough this particular video commentaries, i noticed this large comment list and i ended up seeing a comment like this....

What you guys think of this person, that just named these characteristics about the laptop? I personally know what to call them, but if you want to share an opinion :p.

Maybe he was trolling so he could wind people up 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

36 minutes ago, Generallee said:

-snip-

Are you by any chance being triggered? I didnt say i was bothered, im simply attempting to get other users opinion on this matter -.-

Groomlake Authority

1 hour ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Unless those statements are backed by research citations then the whole thing is subjective. To me this seems to be a case of someone who has bought one of these things comming to the realisation of what a terrible decision it was and is therefore in the denial stage.

1 hour ago, Generallee said:

That's like, his opinion, man

And here's mine:

8ZL1slR.jpg

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Well, the only two invalid statements in his opinion are the battery life and performance, but the battery life is improving for a lot of people as time goes on and in performance scenario, the GPU is pretty weak (but you do have to understand constraints here). But 16GB RAM limit isn't going to bother 95 out of a 100 buying it. Everything else what he did say is to most people's dismay is the truth

1 minute ago, RedRound2 said:

Everything else what he did say is to most people's dismay is the truth

Based on what objective research?

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

4 minutes ago, Nuluvius said:

Pure facts

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

1 minute ago, Clanscorpia said:

Pure facts

Obviously... 9_9

9 minutes ago, Nuluvius said:

• Build quality is the best in class, objectively. No flexes, solidly machined, premium and I would say the best built laptop on the market. And subjectively, according to most, beautiful
  • Keyboard, at first didn't seem great, but pretty much all reviewers started liking it even though it had less key travel. Butterfly 2.0 improves alot on tactile clickiness, which I think is the reason why it's good around this time. Sure I wouldn't call it the best but it's as good as before but in a different way
  • Trackpad? Should that even be asked about? Apple's trackpad was already light years ahead f Windows alternatives and it's even better with the frankly innovative force touch which tricks you into thinking you actually clicked (IMO is the future)
  • Display again, objectively one of the best. P3 wide colour gamut and 500 nits isn't a joke
  • SSD speeds pretty much blows everything else available on the market out of the water. That itself is objective
  • Speakers are fantastic for a laptop this thin and light. Again check out reviews and experience it yourself, it's truly great

13 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:
  • Build quality is the best in class, objectively. No flexes, solidly machined, premium and I would say the best built laptop on the market. And subjectively, according to most, beautiful
  • Keyboard, at first didn't seem great, but pretty much all reviewers started liking it even though it had less key travel. Butterfly 2.0 improves alot on tactile clickiness, which I think is the reason why it's good around this time. Sure I wouldn't call it the best but it's as good as before but in a different way
  • Trackpad? Should that even be asked about? Apple's trackpad was already light years ahead f Windows alternatives and it's even better with the frankly innovative force touch which tricks you into thinking you actually clicked (IMO is the future)
  • Display again, objectively one of the best. P3 wide colour gamut and 500 nits isn't a joke
  • SSD speeds pretty much blows everything else available on the market out of the water. That itself is objective
  • Speakers are fantastic for a laptop this thin and light. Again check out reviews and experience it yourself, it's truly great

I agree with everything except the keyboard -- I could definitely get used to it pretty quickly and it's by no means a bad keyboard, but I do still much prefer the old keyboard.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

15 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

-snip-

Arranging your statements in a list does not transform them from opinion to fact. Indeed the content is highly opinionated.

Just now, Nuluvius said:

Arranging your statements in a list does not transform them from opinion to fact. Indeed the content is highly opinionated.

What do you want me to do. Link all the reviews or something. You can easily google it and find it out. Most people are fixated on the ports, that people completely ignore the other aspects of the laptop. It's typical human nature

4 minutes ago, Nuluvius said:

Trackpad, display, SSD, and speakers aren't really subjective (technically they are, but you kind of have to be blind, deaf, and numb). Build quality and keyboard are subjective though.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

What do you want me to do. Link all the reviews or something. You can easily google it and find it out. Most people are fixated on the ports, that people completely ignore the other aspects of the laptop. It's typical human nature

And ultimately trying to state that this garbage is 'best in class' is a subjective statement. Relative to what exactly?

2 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

software quality and optimization best in class

What does that even mean... It is preposterous.

2 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Build quality

Build Quality as in looks. It's built objectively well (plastic vs metal ; flex vs no flex), but looks are subjective (and I did point that out)

2 minutes ago, Nuluvius said:

And ultimately trying to state that this garbage is 'best in class' is a subjective statement. Relative to what exactly?

What does that even mean... It is preposterous.

What are you even trying to say? You completely dismiss what I say or pretend not to understand anything

9 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

Build Quality as in looks. It's built objectively well (plastic vs metal ; flex vs no flex), but looks are subjective (and I did point that out)

Well, I'd add thermal solutions in as well. In which case the XPS 15 does better. And, while I personally prefer the Mac's aluminum design, there are disadvantages to it -- i.e. it is susceptible to denting whereas a bit of flexing can be a good thing (of course, that's only really an issue if you abuse your laptop, so, again, for me -- I still prefer the aluminum design).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

This is what happens when you give people free speech.

Silence them; burn their homes, kill their families, shave their cats.

Teach them what the true consequences of being an apple fanboy are.

4 minutes ago, Mug said:

This is what happens when you give people free speech.

Silence them; burn their homes, kill their families, shave their cats.

Teach them what the true consequences of being an apple fanboy are.

By far the most intelligent and sensible comment I have seen on this forum. 

Damn mugs.

1 hour ago, Clanscorpia said:

Pure facts

Point me to some VALID evidence?

18 minutes ago, Mug said:

-snip-

You sure thats the best course of action xD? Silence all those that like Apple? But what about those that defend low end android, the worst brands and alike? Those should be nuked all the time instead xD. 

Groomlake Authority

5 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

You sure thats the best course of action xD? Silence all those that like Apple? But what about those that defend low end android, the worst brands and alike? Those should be nuked all the time instead xD. 

People suck. Let's just silence everyone. 

*muted*

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler