HTC One vs Samsung Galaxy S4

Aadi

Im currently a Galaxy S3 user, previous to that i had iphone 3gs. I did switch to andriod before the s3 with the s2 but i didnt like andriod back then. The S2 was running 2.3 and was just bad comparing to ios. I would of rooted and it prob would of been fine but at the time i didnt know rooting existed. I currently run custom roms on my S3 as i dont like andriod skins, much prefer the stock andriod look. Also i am one of a few people that actually quite like the design of the S3 and S4 and i like having expandable storage. However from reading up on the One and S4 and from the iSwitched series from Linus the HTC One looks like the one i would go for if i was to upgrade, sense looks much better than previous versions, i would actually live with it without rooting, maybe just install Nova lancher. One thing i dont like about the htc one is that the screen isnt in the middle, but i guess you could get use to that. Also i think the software features that samsung has added in touch wiz are gimmicy and ill prob never use them apart from the Note 2 split screen thing which i have enabled on my S3. One of the most awesome but simple things about the One is the front facing speakers. How hard can i be to do that. Why dosent other manufacters do it.

Also i know the xperia Z isnt part of this thread but i really dont like it. I think the way the have made it water proof is stupid, i hate those flaps things over all the ports. And the slab desgin dosent seem like it will be very comfortable to hold.

Xperia Z is surprisingly comfortable, and the waterproof, while gimmicky, is a gimmick that doesn't waste battery life and can be actually useful.

also its great for shock factor, now if only it had wet finger tracking!

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."