Yahoo hacked again... 1 BILLION accounts.

shermantanker
1 minute ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

Y'all know what to do..

hil.jpg

I swear I just posted blame it on the russians right as I heard the notification sound.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

7 minutes ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

Y'all know what to do..

hil.jpg

Eh it was probably the Chinese 

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

wonder why these hackers just went in this big & didn't even use it to bribe the users afterwards , sounds to me like some form of foreign intelligence gathering or the general covert thing for the highest bidder

Edited by Ryan_Vickers

Details separate people.

I could have sworn this was reported a few months ago...

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

What has me more pissed off about this is that I found out publicly before they notified me privately... its been all over the news the past day or so, and just an hour ago I got an email from them stating about the compromise... 

Thats some shady shit... 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

dang. my pron registering email has been hacked. all of my pron!

Praise Duarte!

2 hours ago, Albatross said:

I think it was, thought this was a new breach at first.

Déjà vu...

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

At this point Yahoo is past the point of being saved, not sure what Verizon is going to do with them at this point.

Personally, I used to use Yahoo up until 7 years ago. I transitioned to Gmail for personal use and use Hotmail (now Outlook) and Zoho for profession and business use respectively. I still have Yahoo as a backup email, just in case, but the amount of spam it gets is a lot. Never get any spam in Hotmail and Zoho, some in Gmail, but its few and far between.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Honestly I've only used Yahoo just because I'm too lazy to use anything else and my Gmail is a damn mess. 

But for Yahoo to not even have any idea how they were breached? Time to flip the finger on them once and for all. 

3 hours ago, Albatross said:

That was when it was only a few hundred million accounts. I still use Yahoo for BS things because it's one more account I can have signed in without needing another browser.