HUGE Power Play Against Intel

Thoughts?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How does this bode for Intel?

• Intel will be just fine. Shun the non-believers.
    • Could get sketchy for the blue team, but I'm not worried.
    • Ain't gonna lie...sort of nervous.
    • Intel stands to lose on both fronts. This is serious!
    • Long live glorious MasterFAB Qualcomm. May she reign for eternity!

1 minute ago, Admiral Naismith said:

As a avid contributor to r/wallstreetbets, I too recommend selling Intel and invest everything into AMD and Qualcomm based off this information.

I can't wait to finally by my own yacht.

i'm not too sure about that one. qualcomm is defenately a solid investment seeing how ARM finds its way into more and more stuff, but AMD will depend hugely on the success of ZEN, and what they can produce afterwards.

also, unless you invest a crap ton of money (essentially also risking said money if for example qualcomm has a huge unexpected setback) you arent gonna be buying much of a yacht ;)

3 minutes ago, tlink said:

just banter, i thought fun was allowed? i said /s at the end for a reason.

I take NDAA and threats of blackmail very seriously. I'd use an alt account or TOR if I figured there was something to lose. ;)

This is the Craft of PC Building. Mastered. #AshlarPC

Huge POWER play? I see what you did there!

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

20 minutes ago, PigWithAMustache said:

says the x99 user to the am3+ user :P

That's right, I'm the same guy that still has a top tier performing CPU by modern standards more than 2 years after I bought it.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

7 minutes ago, Admiral Naismith said:

As a avid contributor to r/wallstreetbets, I too recommend selling Intel and invest everything into AMD and Qualcomm based off this information.

I can't wait to finally by my own yacht.

Be aware that of the stocks you mentioned, only Intel currently pays dividends.

2 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

That's right, I'm the same guy that still has a top tier performing CPU by modern standards more than 2 years after I bought it.

Idk, my 4930K is whipping my brother's 6900K in the ass... though I'm at 4.5GHz and he only at 4.3....because Broadwell doesn't know how to "vCore" headroom. Also Corsair AIO cooler.

I have a problem with number 2. 

Isn't IBM also blue? 

12 minutes ago, Omnislash89 said:

Snip

I wouldn't openly state you're going to break the CoC of this site either xD

10 minutes ago, fpo said:

I have a problem with number 2. 

Isn't IBM also blue? 

That's what makes this input so juicy to me...it confounds everything we know of chromatic alliances.

5 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Snip

I see we have a chess player here... That said, if this is all entertainment/speculation in the form of a insider reveal...it renders the entire argument moot. 

2 minutes ago, Omnislash89 said:

That's what makes this input so juicy to me...it confounds everything we know of chromatic alliances.

WHICH BLUE TEAM WERE YOU REFFERIN' TA?!?!?!??!?!!

15 minutes ago, Omnislash89 said:

Idk, my 4930K is whipping my brother's 6900K in the ass... though I'm at 4.5GHz and he only at 4.3....because Broadwell doesn't know how to "vCore" headroom. Also Corsair AIO cooler.

That maybe so but apples to apples the 6900k should bury the 4930k in sheer CPU performance. Furthermore AMDs best offering right now doesn't hold a candle to 2 year old 5820k.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

11 minutes ago, fpo said:

WHICH BLUE TEAM WERE YOU REFFERIN' TA?!?!?!??!?!!

IBM making a move against Intel.

7 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

That maybe so but apples to apples the 6900k should bury the 4930k in sheer CPU performance. Furthermore AMDs best offering right now doesn't hold a candle to 2 year old 5820k.

I've smoked a neighbor's FX 9590 at 5GHz... instructions per clock is THE stat to determine dominance.

1 minute ago, GSTARR said:

If nobody is supposed to know yet, don't open your mouth

Y'all are being real bitter. It is secondhand hearsay. It may hold water or not. It is worth conversing about, not slinging threats and such over. C'mon, guys...

1 hour ago, Omnislash89 said:

Thoughts? Concerns? Invest now...I know I have.

You know that's insider trading right?

Insider Trading:

The illegal practice of trading on the stock exchange to one's own advantage through having access to confidential information.

3 minutes ago, leadeater said:

You know that's insider trading right?

it is not confidential knowledge per my sources, and if it is, I maintain that has not been communicated to me. #BurgenOfProof

10 minutes ago, Omnislash89 said:

it is not confidential knowledge per my sources, and if it is, I maintain that has not been communicated to me. #BurgenOfProof

That's fine but as someone mentioned, specifically saying you have invested on a public forum isn't a smart idea. Not being able to name the source and not being able to supply a source press release or public statement by IBM by it's nature implies that the information is confidential. Companies like IBM treat all information as confidential unless stated otherwise, and that is a very safe assumption to make.

If it isn't public knowledge that everyone can know about (at the same time) and you trade on it that is insider trading, stock market is supposed to be a fair playing field (not saying it is as that's the last thing I believe).

1 hour ago, PigWithAMustache said:

amd will still wreck intel in the desktop market and the gaming hardware market as a whole.

Mmmmmmmmmm boi. Hell na

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

2 minutes ago, leadeater said:

That's fine but as someone mentioned, specifically saying you have invested on a public forum isn't a smart idea. Not being able to name the source and not being able to supply a source press release or public statement by IBM by it's nature implies that the information is confidential. Companies like IBM treat all information as confidential unless stated otherwise, and that is a very safe assumption to make.

If it isn't public knowledge that everyone can know about (at the same time) and you trade on it that is insider trading, stock market is supposed to be a fair playing field (not saying it is as that's the last thing a believe).

Point taken. For the best of my knowledge (novelty of communication and discourse aside), I have no reason to believe it is in-line with any factual or otherwise verifiable resource to be a fact. I have heard mumbling in the ether and those had (at a more present date by recent employees) been corroborated to be something to look at. I took the "something to look at" heading by two of my contacts (personal, non business) to mean there was something at least worthy of conspiracy (akin to Ancient Aliens guy) to look at. 

The post was to be half conspiracy with the illusion of actual groundedness in communication to suffice...but it seems...for several reasons... people believe or have reason to believe this to be much more than face value.

I argue (to a Moderator) that if such a case against my post for violation of any of the aforementioned laws or Terms of Use, the burden of proof would fall on any entity within LTT to themselves discover independently and positively identify themselves a validation (ergo illegal information) of insider information created or disseminated by my post...rendering the evidence illuminating post itself of the same violation. 

It is all hearsay at best... I just wanted to  illuminate the community to a conspiracy with the slightest bit of material significance..not spark a war between myself and those hoping to keep the peace between the forum and the FTC.

1 hour ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

It doesn't hold a candle to my stock 4790K.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

12 minutes ago, Omnislash89 said:

Point taken. For the best of my knowledge (novelty of communication and discourse aside), I have no reason to believe it is in-line with any factual or otherwise verifiable resource to be a fact. I have heard mumbling in the ether and those had (at a more present date by recent employees) been corroborated to be something to look at. I took the "something to look at" heading by two of my contacts (personal, non business) to mean there was something at least worthy of conspiracy (akin to Ancient Aliens guy) to look at. 

The post was to be half conspiracy with the illusion of actual groundedness in communication to suffice...but it seems...for several reasons... people believe or have reason to believe this to be much more than face value.

I argue (to a Moderator) that if such a case against my post for violation of any of the aforementioned laws or Terms of Use, the burden of proof would fall on any entity within LTT to themselves discover independently and positively identify themselves a validation (ergo illegal information) of insider information created or disseminated by my post...rendering the evidence illuminating post itself of the same violation. 

It is all hearsay at best... I just wanted to  illuminate the community to a conspiracy with the slightest bit of material significance..not spark a war between myself and those hoping to keep the peace between the forum and the FTC.

Don't worry about it too much. I do find the actual information of the topic interesting, just wouldn't have mentioned anything about stock trading is all.

I would have to think the SoC chips will have to be specially designed for the task as some storage tasks are very CPU demanding, like serving direct SMB/NFS. There are ways round that of course, use a 1U Intel based gateway to do that task and the Qualcomm chips in the back-end storage controllers.

P.S. Moderators commenting on threads are general members unless otherwise stated, just thought I mention it not realizing it had already been said when I first posted.

1 hour ago, Omnislash89 said:

Way to backpedal/double down at the same time...I like your style sir xD

3 hours ago, Omnislash89 said:

I've been a contributing member of the community for some time

You have less than 100 posts. Nothing to get excited about.

Unless you have verifiable data, I'm not convinced that it's going to inherently happen. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch