Help... FPS affected

iSwayz

My Fps is badly effected when i play a game and listen to my groove playlist at the same time. The games badly shudder from startup and i have a capable cpu to run both:

System spec as follows:

z97p-d3 motherboard

I5 4570 default clock speeds.

16gb ram

gtx 980 4gb

cx750m psu

lucid sound ls-30 wireless headset

Windows 10 pro 64bit

I have no idea what is wrong but i am hoping one of you legends can help me

Are you running on a HDD? Also why Groove? Even iTunes is probably better. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Multiple drives.. Windows is running on ssd, and games etc are running on 3x 2tb hdd.

I use a windows phone so i can use groove everywhere, plus i can listen to whatever track when i want and at a set price each month. With apple i would have to pay for the tracks then pay for the cloud storage to store them.

5 minutes ago, iSwayz said:

With apple i would have to pay for the tracks then pay for the cloud storage to store them.

Well Apple Music sure.......but I buy and pirate my songs and then just sync my iPhone with my PC.......iTunes is a player and a store, but is not a pay to use platform. 

Does Windows phone not have SD expansion? But this is getting away from the topic.......

If that is the case then it might be a Windows and or a driver issue with your GPU. Solutions are reinstalling the drivers and or resetting windows. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

lumia 930 no sd.. could it be to do with geforce experience? Would steam be getting mixed up with the geforce experience settings for the mic/headset? Reason i ask is because when i play Call of duty for instance there are two symbols at the bottom right of the screen, when groove is activated they start flashing and the menu in game starts to shudder but if i start the game up with groove off they do not flash. Its like a mic symbol and a refresh symbol? 

driver is 376.19 for the gtx 980. just incase you need that info..

Thanks for the input Doc.

4 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

Well Apple Music sure.......but I buy and pirate my songs and then just sync my iPhone with my PC.......iTunes is a player and a store, but is not a pay to use platform. 

Does Windows phone not have SD expansion? But this is getting away from the topic.......

If that is the case then it might be a Windows and or a driver issue with your GPU. Solutions are reinstalling the drivers and or resetting windows. 

itunes is shit on PC. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

4 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

itunes is shit on PC. 

yeah. Groove is actually nice

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

10 hours ago, spwath said:

yeah. Groove is actually nice

I've never used it. But I'm pretty sure that there isn't a worse player software out on Windows than itunes.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)