Botched Microsoft update knocks Windows 8, 10 PCs offline – regardless of ISP

Ole Shae

How come I never get any problems with Windows 10 but everyone else does. I'm missing out apparently and apparently I'm the only person who is doing stuff right.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I'm just going to leave this here, from the Community Standards;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

While not written, being patronizing, condescending and having a passive aggressive behavior also falls into all of the above!

So there's no need to overly swear or be aggressive when someone doesn't agree with you.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Only my laptop got hit by this. Simply rebooting fixed it for me.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

Only my laptop got hit by this. Simply rebooting fixed it for me.

Is this why my main desktop is showing no internet connection?  

Is there an official fix for this?

It's currently using Ethernet atm if that matters.

Seriously this is part of why forces updates are bs.  My main desktop kept waking up from sleep the night before last when I tried to put it to sleep for the night.  So I said screw it and allowed it to update and shut down so it would stop overriding my attempts to put it to sleep.

Now it doesn't have Internet.  Wtf MS.  ?

Edit: my main desktop just had some form of that blue screen error message W10 crash when I tried to restart it.  I missed getting a picture of what it said though..

Edited by Bleedingyamato

On December 14, 2016 at 2:41 PM, LAwLz said:

An update has been released that should fix this issue.

KB3206632

No idea what the service does, and it doesn't seem like anyone else does either (gotta love Microsoft's documentation, right?)

Question: if my desktop can't connect to the Internet how am I supposed to get this update and see if it fixes the problem?  ?

Edit: it seems my computer has this update somehow.  I had to restart my computer again and turn on the Ethernet connection since it somehow got disabled (my guess is from a botched attempt by Windows to fix this when I ran the network troubleshooter thing) and the Internet seems to be working again on my main desktop.  

Edited by Bleedingyamato

This happened to me last week, the way I "fixed" it is I loaded up Ubuntu from a USB and was ready to reinstall network adapter drivers, but when I loaded Windows up again it magically worked. The one issue was when I logged into Windows, the date and time were messed up.