Advice for buying a laptop with a gtx 1060

Hello, all. 

I am looking for a laptop with a gtx 1060. My max budget is 1300 dollars. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

i would reccomend against that for RMA issues in the future

My life

Just now, Himommies said:

i would reccomend against that for RMA issues in the future

That's a Clevo laptop, and Eluktronics has become known for great customer service.

Just now, Aereldor said:

That's a Clevo laptop, and Eluktronics has become known for great customer service.

I just google things and if I dosen't have a wikipedia page then nope.Also wasn't that a company that was basically selling rebranded barebones

My life

5 minutes ago, Himommies said:

I just google things and if I dosen't have a wikipedia page then nope.Also wasn't that a company that was basically selling rebranded barebones

I don't think they've sold barebones laptops, although their laptops are indeed rebranded Clevos, and are manufactured by Clevo. Amazon reviews on an alternate listing of this laptop are overwhelmingly positive. I only linked this listing because it's the one I have bookmarked, seeing as they go for as little as $1100.

https://www.amazon.com/Eluktronics-P650RP6-Premium-Gaming-Laptop/dp/B01KZ6BKL6/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1481596053&sr=1-1&keywords=eluktronics

Here's the thread I started regarding this laptop-

4 minutes ago, Himommies said:

So because a brand doesn't have a wikipedia page you have to not recommend it? What does wikipedia has to do? Do they tell if the product is good or not? Do they do reviews?

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

So because a brand doesn't have a wikipedia page you have to not recommend it? What does wikipedia has to do? Do they tell if the product is good or not? Do they do reviews?

I don't do it because warrant things and usually smaller companies are more sketchy

My life

14 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

lel I paid $2,000 USD for my Alienware 15 R3

#WasteYourMoney2016

JK I love my laptop

Just now, lilbman said:

lel I paid $2,000 USD for my Alienware 15 R3

#WasteYourMoney2016

JK I love my laptop

I'm willing to bet your laptop is prettier.

2 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

I'm willing to bet your laptop is prettier.

It is beautiful.  It's like the Gigi Hadid of laptops.  Personally I find it more aesthetically attractive than my brother's Macbook Pro

20161013_200807.jpg20161013_200546.jpg

2 minutes ago, lilbman said:

It is beautiful.  It's like the Gigi Hadid of laptops.  Personally I find it more aesthetically attractive than my brother's Macbook Pro

20161013_200807.jpg20161013_200546.jpg

Too each his own lol

13 hours ago, Himommies said:

Shit you don't have a wikipedia page, guess I'm not listening. And yes, but so does Origin and Cyberpower and every other laptop selling company in the world cept the big players like Dell, MSI etc who can afford to R&D exclusive designs and outsource it to ODMs like Compal to produce them exclusively. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

On 15/12/2016 at 2:04 AM, pimno said:

It's the same as the Eluktronics linked earlier, but with a mandatory GSYNC display that's going to murder battery life.

Clevo has MSHybrid so you can switch between the dGPU and iGPU on the BIOS everytime you want... Even if the screen has G-sync.

And every Eluktronics/Sager/EVOC/etc... are rebranded Clevos.

Their build quality is good, they just don't feel "premium" but they perform excelent without any kind of heat issue or throttling. They are easy to fix, easy to upgrade laptops, so they will last longer.

If you don't care about the "looks" and only the performance any clevo is one of the best options. If you want pure "power" you can pucharse one from a prema partner like HIDevolution to get the prema bios (a full unlocked bios for the laptop). I would totally spend a little more money to get a 6820HK the laptop has enough room to OC it up to 4Ghz or more if you repataste it with Liquid ultra or IC Diamond, and get near the same performance as an i7 6700 desktop CPU.

On 15/12/2016 at 0:04 AM, pimno said:

It's the same as the Eluktronics linked earlier, but with a mandatory GSYNC display that's going to murder battery life.

Good things about Clevo's is they still have a MUX switch.

Laptop Main

1 hour ago, Pendragon said:

Good things about Clevo's is they still have a MUX switch.

Oh really? Every other manufacturer just puts the dGPU on fulltime instead so I thought it was the case with Clevo. Good to know!

1 minute ago, pimno said:

Oh really? Every other manufacturer just puts the dGPU on fulltime instead so I thought it was the case with Clevo. Good to know!

Lemme rephrase that. On the Clevo P6x0Rx series still have a MUX switch. This allows MSHybrid (Optimus) and dGPU (GSync) only swappable modes. The most interesting thing is that the new AWs WITHOUT GSync have a dedicated MUX switch as well. I don't understand why only Clevo's MUX switch supports GSync cause on the AWs when you move to a GSync screen the MUX switch dissapears. 

Every other manufacturer THIS generation has put in GSync screens or dGPU mode only so fuck it with battery life. like the GL502 970m - 6hours or so of battery life. The new ones barely make 3. 

Laptop Main

25 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

Lemme rephrase that. On the Clevo P6x0Rx series still have a MUX switch. This allows MSHybrid (Optimus) and dGPU (GSync) only swappable modes. The most interesting thing is that the new AWs WITHOUT GSync have a dedicated MUX switch as well. I don't understand why only Clevo's MUX switch supports GSync cause on the AWs when you move to a GSync screen the MUX switch dissapears. 

Every other manufacturer THIS generation has put in GSync screens or dGPU mode only so fuck it with battery life. like the GL502 970m - 6hours or so of battery life. The new ones barely make 3. 

Yeah, I saw that switchable graphics was turned off on AW with GSync and thought it was just something to do with the technology itself. If MUX still works, then I really don't know why manufacturers remove/don't implement them o.O

amazon has the ASUS Rog Strix GL502 with a ten SEVENTY (1070) on sale right now for under your budget, full hd, i7 6700hq - and a SSD with an HDD backup. KILLER notebook, if you dont want a super slim one, and its going to out perform almost anything else in its class. You could go MSI dominator too, but i didnt see those on a huge sale or anything