Download to Upload ratio

Thony
1 hour ago, Thony said:

Im from slovakia (living in UK) and I hear a lot of people having 1:1 Bratislava, Kosice.

Yes, those regions have better and more options regarding ISP choice however I am from central Slovakia and there the options are quite limited.

However the pricing is good.. €10 monthly... I don't know about prices in those other regions.

2 hours ago, Thony said:

My knowledge of fibre is same, even Jay2cents said the same thing (true fibre is 1:1). This is what pisses me off personally, they call it "fibre" when it is partly fibre... I hate marketing :(

Yea, that kinda gets me too. But i mean hey, as long as my connection from my house, to the closest hub is through almost entirely fiber, as it is now, then I'll happily accept being slightly lied to.

Every connection though is run through some copper at some point, but it doesn't run along copper long enough to really affect packets that much. I still get like 3-12ms ping from my place on most west coast BF1 servers, and on siege I get around 12-20ms ping on their west coast ranked and cass servers, so at least fiber gives me that :3

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

With Unis internet. It was 10/10 when I moved in and they upgraded it to 100/100 some years ago. I thought it isn't fiber as most of the houses are old, something like 20+ years. Then again, I don't know how much of cabling one needs to replace for fiber.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv