can a gtx 1070 and 4790k handle 4k?

orangebeaver45
Go to solution Solved by CrackheadKyle,

Yes, 4k. I have that exact setup 4790k and 1070 and I game in 4k 60fps at around high to very high/ultra settings. No reason you couldn't do a max settings 4k 45fps

Hey thanks in advance for answering pls re frame from suggestions because I know I can only afford a 1070 and what im getting I just want to know to get a 1440p or 4k display, just looking for a simple YES or NO

We can't give uoi a simple answer without knowing what you gonna do with 4K. Gaming or web browsing? What games? The answer is always yes. Even NVIDIA GT 710 can do 4K@30hz

Yes, 4k. I have that exact setup 4790k and 1070 and I game in 4k 60fps at around high to very high/ultra settings. No reason you couldn't do a max settings 4k 45fps

Build Name:

Anton

CPU: I7 4790K

GPU: ZOTAC RTX 2060 SUPER AMP EXTREME

RAM: 16GB 1600MHZ

MOBO: MSI H81M-E33

CASE: COOLER MASTER N300

PSU: THERMALTAKE 600 WATT

STORAGE: TOTAL 6.5TB, 512GB SAMSUNG 850 PRO BOOT DRIVE, 2TB HDD 1, 2TB HDD 2, 2TB WESTERN DIGITAL USB 3.0 BACKUP DRIVE

- CRACK!

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

We can't give uoi a simple answer without knowing what you gonna do with 4K. Gaming or web browsing? What games? The answer is always yes. Even NVIDIA GT 710 can do 4K@30hz

streaming/editing and gaming mostly thou

1 minute ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

Probably not the the Witcher 3 at 60 fps with everything maxed out

not going to be playing any Witcher 3 just fallout 4 far cry4 farcry primal  gta5 and csgo for the most part

Just now, orangebeaver45 said:

not going to be playing any Witcher 3 just fallout 4 far cry4 farcry primal  gta5 and csgo for the most part

If you turn some settings down, like grasp in gta 5 you should be able to reach that 60 fps

Just now, orangebeaver45 said:

Maxed out (all max settings)

gtav_3840_2160.png

i did some 1440p gaming on a GT640 for a while, in most games even at 60FPS :D

it's not about what the hardware is capable of, it's about you being able to adjust your expectation to your hardware.

no i wasnt playing at high setting, god no i wasnt :P, but honestly, when you accept that there's no AA and no shadows or lighting effects even something as potato as a GT640 is surprisingly capable.

from having fiddled with my GTX970 at 4k, a 1070 is gonna be an amazing experience. just accept you wont be sliding every dial completely to the max in the more heavy scenarios, and you have yourself an amazing setup.

--

and honestly, if *one* of your games just doesnt run smooth at 4K at all, run that one at 1080p and it still looks stunning.

That's what my next upgrade is gonna be. 4790k and 1070

Everyone should own a vive.

You could go on YouTube and search for the games you play, and watch gameplay videos where they have a 4k setup with the hardware you're interested in to see the framerates.

Just keep in mind not to watch videos that are too old in terms that they're kinda close to the 1070 release date (first months or so), as the drivers weren't fully optimal back then, causing less framerates that what you would see now.

Asus X99-A w/ BIOS 3402 | Intel i7 5820k OC @4.4GHz 1.28V w/ Noctua NH-U14S | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 OC @2666MHz 12-14-14-28 | Asus Geforce GTX970 STRIX OC | EVGA 750 G2 750W | Samsung 850 Evo 1 TB | Windows 10 64-bit | Be-Quiet Silent Base 800 w/ Silent Wings | 2x Dell U2414H OC @72Hz w/ Display Port

Don't forget to invest in an Intel Tuning Plan if you're going to overvolt your K/X CPU

I don't see why you shouldn't. I'm getting 80+ frames in nearly every game I play at 5760x1080.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers