Creative Cloud Install Location (Windows)

Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,
Just now, Zoravar said:

There's nothing really wrong with it.  It's just that between the 5 or 6 programs I want to install I'm probably looking at 20-30GB worth of unnecessary writing to the SSD that I would like to avoid, if possible. 

Don't worry about ssd writes. You won't kill that ssds with writes if you tried. They can handle years of continous writes and will still be fine.

I run an ssd in my computer with an hdd for mass storage and larger applications. I just installed creative cloud and notice no option for choosing an install location for the creative cloud program.  I am aware there is an option under preferences for changing the install location for apps (photoshop, premier, etc.), which works, but nothing for creative cloud itself.

The problem I noticed is, despite setting the install location to the hdd, CC will still store the download and extract to the ssd, before installing to the hdd.  I want to stop this behavior.  I don't want all these large programs to have to funnel through the ssd to get installed on the hdd.

Is there a way to change the install location of the creative cloud program itself?  I'd prefer to not have to use symbolic links to do this.

Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, Zoravar said:

I don't want all these large programs to have to funnel through the ssd to get installed on the hdd.

Why not, this doesn't cause a problem

3 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Why not, this doesn't cause a problem

There's nothing really wrong with it.  It's just that between the 5 or 6 programs I want to install I'm probably looking at 20-30GB worth of unnecessary writing to the SSD that I would like to avoid, if possible. 

Just now, Zoravar said:

Don't worry about ssd writes. You won't kill that ssds with writes if you tried. They can handle years of continous writes and will still be fine.

9 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

True.  It just seems like a bad design on adobe's part and I wanted to see if anyone had a work around offhand.  

I'll probably wind up living with it in the end. 

Edit: Also what program nowadays doesn't let you choose an install location?