240hz monitors a thing?

deadaccount69

Eizo is a company known for making high-quality computer monitors aimed at professional users and the medical industry. The company has announced a new 23.5-inch gaming monitor called the Foris FG2421. The manufacturer claims this is the first monitor aimed at gamers to feature a 240 Hz refresh rate.

eizo-fg2421-580x371.jpg

The FG2421 promises low input lag and a number of preset gaming modes developed in cooperation with professional gamers making the monitor ideal for video games with fast action such as shooters, racing games, fighting games, and more. The display has a feature called Turbo 240 allowing it to support a 240 Hz refresh rate, that’s double the typical 120 Hz refresh rate normally found on gaming displays.

Eizo says the monitor is able to convert 120 Hz signals to 240 Hz by controlling the blinking of the LED backlight using its Turbo 240 technology. The monitor also promises a response time of less than 1 ms providing smooth image playback. The display also uses a vertical alignment LCD panel providing wide viewing angles of 176-degrees and a native contrast ratio of 5000:1. The native resolution of the screen is 1920 x 1080.

Eizo says that high contrast ratio provides increased visibility in dark areas making it easier to spot enemies. The monitor has two different color modes with one aimed at first-person shooter games and the other a real-time strategy games. The screen includes multiple connectivity options with HDMI, DisplayPort, and DVI-D connectivity. It also has integrated USB hub with one upstream port and two downstream ports. The Foris FG2421 is available now at an undisclosed price.

This seems to be actually a product. Can you imagine 3D 120hz gaming at 1080p with excellent viewing angles? Is it april fools or something?

Source slashgear: http://www.slashgear.com/eizo-foris-fg2421-240-hz-gaming-monitor-debuts-30303540/

There will be few games and few rigs that can pull off 240fps on something that would make it seem like a difference

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

So it's still a 120Hz VA panel... not so impressed

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

so... it doesnt take a 240hz input? it just takes the 120hz input and fills in the gaps between the frames?

How much is this haha? Or have they not gave out a price yet?

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.4GHZ  GPU: EVGA Superclocked+ GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ 1446Mhz +35mV  MB: MSI Z87 GD65 GAMING Custom Matte Black Painted Chipset and VRM Heatsinks  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB CL8 (1600MHZ)  CPU Cooler: Full Custom PETG loop with HardwLabs Black Ice Rads 1x280mm 1x360mm, EKWB CPU Acetal Nickel GPU Block  SSD: SanDisk ULTRA II 480GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue  PSU: Corsair AX760 80+PLATINUM with Black Cable Mods Singular Sleeved Cables  Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 3 Intake 3 Exhaust Notcua NF-A14 LTT EDITION  Mouse: Logitech G502 1750DPI Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire TK MX Blue Monitor: BENQ XL2411T 144HZ Headset : Logitech G430 7.1 Case Fans: LTT EDITION Noctuas 4 x 140mm & 2x 120mm all with white Chromax Anti-vibration pads Mouse Pad: Cooler Master CM Storm Speed-RX M

It only costs $1,000,000 USD

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk

wicked, another BS marketing scam to give forums another topic to go all fanboy over. :rolleyes:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Not sure if this will be an actual 240Hz monitor or 120Hz with a face frame after every actual frame to make it simulate 240Hz. Oh well if you're getting 200 FPS on a modern game you should probably crank up those settings...

isn't the technology people use in lcd panels to simulate 240hz the same stuff thats in crt monitors that make them so awesome to view high paced games on?

240 HZ... come on man, give us 120 hz IPS, or heck make 120hz monitors  cheap, then we can talk about this, this makes no sense at all.

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

I'm not one of those people to say 'we can only see x amount of frames' but there must be diminishing returns somewhere... Is there really any point in a 120>Hz display?

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

The thing here that i think is awesome is not the 240 hz, but the fact that its a VA panel.

120 hz (or simulated 240 hz) with great colors.. Make 1440p one and i buy it ;)

Best regards Zahlio,
Unity asset developer - Game developer (http://playsurvive.com) - Computer Science student

you would probably need quadsli 780's to run at 240 FPS at decent graphical settings. 

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

If it's not less then 500$, and isn't true 240gz, don't care. Even if it was, 240 wouldn't be noticeable.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GODDAMIT! Was just about to post this :P!

I think it is kinda cool, but it converts it to 240Hz right?

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Its not 240hz if it has to "convert" from 120hz

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Not sure if this is a native 240hz, because the marketing material itself says it converts 120hz to 240hz with some sort of "turbo" mode, but it would be worth putting through some benchmarks regardless. 

Also I was happy to see the panel is using VA technology, and not TN. As well it has HDMI, DP, DVI, and audio in/out.

Found a review! http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/monitors/1303405/eizo-foris-fg2421

Thanks Glenwing, sorry about the extra work!

I guess yeah, this is just another higher refresh rate gimmick :(

How much is this haha? Or have they not gave out a price yet?

549.00 € in Finland.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit