Your quirky trait?

Murissa
5 minutes ago, Nuluvius said:

It had to be done.

Well that is a wrong quote. It's about heroes and it doesn't even go like that. :P

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

Well that is a wrong quote. It's about heroes and it doesn't even go like that. :P

So is your face... xD

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

I can strike up conversation with anyone, Anywhere and at any place. 

I guess that can be a quirky trait? My friends seem to think so.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

On 12/10/2016 at 4:00 PM, Murissa said:

Hello everyone.

I was having dinner with friends and this topic came up. What is your odd/quirky trait that you do or have?

Mine is once a week when I shower, I bring a piece of fruit in with me. I do not know how I started doing it but the fruit always tastes better.

P.S. No judging.

r/orangeshowers

- snip-

7 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

I've got a few quirky traits:

• I always show up for something either Early or Late. Never on time.
  • I used to think that asking for help makes you look weak :D
  • I generally have dramatic mood swings - I'm either really happy or boo hoo i'm really pissed off or not in the mood
  • I really hate children, especially young children
  • I really hate not being able to tell the time (if I am not able to)
  • Apparently I have a tendency to not walk directly in a straight line xD.
  • I have a tendency to be really pissed off of If i have to repeat myself for any reason.

And yeah.

Wait, what was that last one?

- snip-

1 hour ago, techswede said:

Id call that fucking useful.

im the opposite, im pretty good at a conversation, but dont care enough to talk to strangers, or if I do i try and make an overly contextual joke and leave it awkward.

- snip-

Sometimes I just like to think how easy it would be to kill someone and think of a plan in that moment. But then realize how psychopathic that is and stop. 

I can almost never sit still in a seat, my feet or hands always have to be doing something 

I love physics and chemistry, but everyone thinks I'm crazy and weird for liking those topics

I hate the idea of settling down.

6 minutes ago, Wolther said:

Sometimes I just like to think how easy it would be to kill someone and think of a plan in that moment. But then realize how psychopathic that is and stop. 

I can almost never sit still in a seat, my feet or hands always have to be doing something 

I love physics and chemistry, but everyone thinks I'm crazy and weird for liking those topics

I hate the idea of settling down.

Welp, I found my double. Sometimes I think about the logistics of getting a deathcamp to work or how to kill someone, but then I think, nah, thats too fucking dark. I have a quote that I think really applies to this. 

"Men are born to live and survive, to walk the land, as it were. The thinkers amung them trade the land for the fascinating turbulance of the ocean. Alas, no man was made to swim, and these thinker will eventually drown within their own thoughts."

that isnt the original form, and I cant get a source for it, but it really struck a chord with me.

- snip-

Bananas. 

I always fall a sleep in when in a car (and not driving).

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

I cant take a pee in urinal in a public bathroom. I need the bathroom to be empty and know that no one is coming in. I always use a toilet stall, preferably a gimp stall for the extra space. I hate places that use 1ply toilet paper like McDonalds, Walmart and the worst of all, Kleenex style TP at Tim Hortons oh those are the worst. I once had to do a piss test and I couldnt do it without almost pissing myself. Let me tell you I drank a shit load of water. The problem was they needed to see my wiener, and they knew I never touched drugs in my life. I was the guarunteed clean guy on the unit.

I'm always 5 minutes late (though I also leave work 5 minutes late as well). 

Gender Dysphoria 

Handwriting is terrible

Prefers soliture

Spends time on these forums

Listens to more Japanese music than in my own language

Binge video games between days or weeks of very little gaming

Emotionally distant

I could go on... 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

On 12/11/2016 at 5:00 AM, AluminiumTech said:

I've got a few quirky traits:

• I always show up for something either Early or Late. Never on time.
  • I used to think that asking for help makes you look weak :D
  • I generally have dramatic mood swings - I'm either really happy or boo hoo i'm really pissed off or not in the mood
  • I really hate children, especially young children
  • I really hate not being able to tell the time (if I am not able to)
  • Apparently I have a tendency to not walk directly in a straight line xD.
  • I have a tendency to be really pissed off of If i have to repeat myself for any reason.

And yeah.

I am sorry, I missed that. I think you were typing a little too fast for me. Could you post this again but type it a little slower, please?

Sgt. Murphy says, "Never forget that your weapons and equipment were made by the lowest bidder."

On 11.12.2016 at 5:32 PM, techswede said:

I'm nearly the opposite. I need more people like you. That would be great.

23 minutes ago, Tosa said:

I'm nearly the opposite. I need more people like you. That would be great.

Thankfully extroverts are pretty easy to spot xD Shouldn't be too hard to find one

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I have a few that i can think of.

1.  I twirl hair (namely mine).  According to my mom i started when i was a newborn and i would twirl other people's hair.  If i'm bored or i am concentrating on something i'll eventually start twirling my hair without noticing.

2.  I am really good at remembering Rules and Regulations type of stuff.  When i was in H.S and in jROTC i was essentially a walking field manual.  Now i'm an adult my current job, which is regulated by the federal Gov't, i'm the same way.  Since i am rarely, if ever, wrong people take what i say as gospel.  Which is bad cause i wan't to be error checked! lol.

3.  I dislike getting praised.  Seriously unless that praise involves someone giving me money i really don't care.  Most of the time when someone says "good job" i know it really wasn't and can quantify it.  I'd rather know when i do something wrong so i can learn from my mistake. 
4.  I have a knack for learning languages, but i have zero follow through.  So i end up knowing only a few phrases at best.  I even taught myself how to phonetically read arabic once during a weekend, but since nothing came of it i lost it about 2 months later.

On 12/10/2016 at 8:30 PM, Atmos said:

Probably the most annoying quirk i have is absent mindedly picking up accents and slang when speaking to people from different regions.

I have that same exact issue.  I never noticed it until i started working where i do now.  I'd talk to people from all over the country, and fairly quickly my accent would start to change.  Was very noticeable when i would talk to someone from say Alabama, and then talk to another person from Connecticut.  

I think its partly due to living in a rather accent-less metropolitan area coupled with my tendency to do impressions. 

I dont aim when I am in a public bathroom, plus I use paper towel if available, or TP to open the door to leave. But I dont do that going into the public bathroom.

- I'm secretly really fucking smart and clever, and also a master at social engineering and manipulating people. But I never really show it or do anything with it.

- I tend to pick up accents when I'm talking with people. And I'm really fucking good at doing different accents, so sometimes I completely clone someone else's voice without

knowing it (hasn't happened in awhile though).

- I'm really fucking social and shit, but everyone thinks otherwise because I don't talk to anyone at school or say shit (I'm actually able to contain myself unlike pretty much everyone else). At parties or when I'm no at school I will literally talk to fucking anyone or join a conversation for no fucking reason, all the time. I remember once was at a party with college kids and mostly grade 12 kids, and here I am in only 10th, and I fucking talked to all sorts of people for no fucking reason, and nobody actually even thought anything of it. Part of the reason I don't talk to anyone in my grade is because the kids in my grade are immature and dramatic as fuck. But a part of it is the fact that I simply don't know anyone and I don't have anything to say.

- I'm good at fighting, but I don't look like I am, and people think I'm the least likely to actually beat the shit out of someone. 

13 minutes ago, KingKeith55 said:

I'm good at fighting, but I don't look like I am, and people think I'm the least likely to actually beat the shit out of someone. 

The shy, quiet, short ones are the scrappers. Its called the midget syndrome.

I have always been able to talk my way out of situations. Drunken crack head situations. No one ever wants to fuck with me, because no one can read me. I love it when they call me Bossman, but sometimes I hate it too. I think this is a traight of most 6.5'+ club members. There is the classic saying the wanna-be's say 'the taller they are the harder they fall' but no one ever puts their money up and play. Its just lip service they do. Chicken shits really thats what they are. Its better to get into a scrap in Canada then the US. Manslaughter is big news down south. Canada its nothing, if you got no priors for aggressive behaviour. Usually your first forray into a new field of criminal law is a slap on the wrist. Gun, drugs, and violence are big no no's.

I fall in love with wonderful girls that crush my heart into tiny little pieces  </3 , :( 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

On 12/12/2016 at 7:10 AM, Velvet Revolver said:

I cant take a pee in urinal in a public bathroom. I need the bathroom to be empty and know that no one is coming in. I always use a toilet stall, preferably a gimp stall for the extra space. I hate places that use 1ply toilet paper like McDonalds, Walmart and the worst of all, Kleenex style TP at Tim Hortons oh those are the worst. I once had to do a piss test and I couldnt do it without almost pissing myself. Let me tell you I drank a shit load of water. The problem was they needed to see my wiener, and they knew I never touched drugs in my life. I was the guarunteed clean guy on the unit.

That was a Rollercoaster ride.

- snip-