2000 USD rig with insane specs

Juanitology

So this is the kind of "ultimate" PC you can get in my country right now, it costs just about 2000 USD http://www.bangho.com.ar/desktop-gamer-gm-y-960/p

Spec list:

• Core i5 6400 (non-overclockable) with stock cooler
  • 16GB DDR4 2133MHz
  • 1TB HDD
  • 120GB Kingston budget SSD
  • Gigabyte GA-H170-Gaming3
  • 600W Thermaltake power supply

Made the build in pcpartpicker and it came to 800USD. But the government is trying to push this kind of bullshit down our throats and putting heavy tariffs of money and inconvenience on imports to help the national industry... Anyone travelling from the US/Canada to Argentina that would be willing to bring me some small stuff like ram/ssd/cpu/gpu?

Corsair 600T | Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz | Samsung SSD Evo 970 1TB | MS Windows 10 | Samsung CF791 34" | 16GB 1600 MHz Kingston DDR3 HyperX | ASUS Formula VI | Corsair H110  Corsair AX1200i | ASUS Strix Vega 56 8GB Internet http://beta.speedtest.net/result/4365368180

I'm not but wow.. just wow. $2k for non k i5 and not even a GPU.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

A GPU isn't "small" when you're travelling -- especially internationally.

1 minute ago, vorticalbox said:

it has a GTX 960 4GB

still not worth.

2 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

It has a 960 that the OP forgot to mention but yeah. That is outrageous

I am about to start building PC's for those in south america.

Wow...that´s fucked up.....

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

28 minutes ago, Terodius said:

So this is the kind of "ultimate" PC you can get in my country right now, it costs just about 2000 USD http://www.bangho.com.ar/desktop-gamer-gm-y-960/p

Spec list:

• Core i5 6400 (non-overclockable) with stock cooler
  • 16GB DDR4 2133MHz
  • 1TB HDD
  • 120GB Kingston budget SSD
  • Gigabyte GA-H170-Gaming3
  • 600W Thermaltake power supply

Made the build in pcpartpicker and it came to 800USD. But the government is trying to push this kind of bullshit down our throats and putting heavy tariffs of money and inconvenience on imports to help the national industry... Anyone travelling from the US/Canada to Argentina that would be willing to bring me some small stuff like ram/ssd/cpu/gpu?

To be fair it's a prebuilt.

I don't know how the market is but wow, overpriced much? To be fair, due to our mostly free market system in America, things are rather cheap. Is it possible to convert your funds for a computer to American dollars and buy parts and have them shipped somehow? It sounds ridiculous, I know, but it may legitimately be cheaper.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Was looking at some distributor data from Argentina earlier this week and I was amazed at the level of antiquity in there.

I was seeing GT210s, 2005-2007-ish CPUs selling for ridiculous prices (aside the ridiculous fact that they're still FOR SALE).

Argentina has it rough when it comes to tech. Don't know about the rest, though.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

3 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

I don't know how the market is but wow, overpriced much? To be fair, due to our mostly free market system in America, things are rather cheap. Is it possible to convert your funds for a computer to American dollars and buy parts and have them shipped somehow? It sounds ridiculous, I know, but it may legitimately be cheaper.

There may be some savings to be made by buying parts, that much is true. But mostly this is still the size of the market and shipping costs, and especially a 35% import tax on any IT hardware (you know, the kind of protectionist policies that are so in fashion lately... you can see how all the "let's bring the jobs back here" works out 9_9).

There are some ways to sidestep it (like importing disassembled components, assemble them locally, especially on the subsidized far south, and then package and sell it), but it's not that widely used for your average PC component. And is also often abused (like importing assembled stuff and only re-box them locally to get the benefits). And even in that case, if your only competition are heavily taxed imports, there isn't much of an incentive to undercut prices by that much...

Well, apparently that shop is still robbing people: the first random online retailer I found gave me this (they didn't have the 960, so I replaced it with a 1060 3GB):

Spoiler

Carrito.png

That's ARS 19,780, so approx. USD 1276. Which is @Mello's price times 1.35 - the whole difference is accounted by import tax (and you get a GPU upgrade).

Moral of the story: build your own rig :P 

... and this is what  ~ARS 29,999 would get you buying parts separately (unlocked i7, Z170 board, GTX 1070, didn't touch the rest, I guess it would be worth rethinking the PSU):

Spoiler

Carrito2.png

Edited by SpaceGhostC2C
Added 2nd part list

Hah, brutal. You're almost better off flying to the US, and bringing the parts across yourself.

None of the countries around you have lower import fees?

1 hour ago, RooR said:

I am about to start building PC's for those in south america.

You'd still face the same problems. Import taxes. There's no legal way around them and to do it illegally would just lead to potential jail time.

45 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Wouldn't matter as they'd be taxed upon arrival to the country.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

On 12/9/2016 at 3:54 PM, STRMfrmXMN said:

yeah I tried doing that once buying a GPU from the states and paying like 50USD shipping plus the 50% import tax here and some asshole in the customs office stole it. So yeah, not ordering anything expensive by mail every again.

Corsair 600T | Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz | Samsung SSD Evo 970 1TB | MS Windows 10 | Samsung CF791 34" | 16GB 1600 MHz Kingston DDR3 HyperX | ASUS Formula VI | Corsair H110  Corsair AX1200i | ASUS Strix Vega 56 8GB Internet http://beta.speedtest.net/result/4365368180