do I need to connectr both VGA to my Compiuter and monitor and DVI to my GPU and monitor

PLS HElp
Go to solution Solved by Joelbanks5,

No, just the DVI from GPU to monitor. 

do I need to connectr both VGA to my Compiuter and monitor and DVI to my GPU and monitor

\

vga cable is analogue connection, which can be influenced by external factors and affect the quality of the image you see on the monitor. 

dvi cable means digital connection, which means a series of 1 and 0 bits are sent through the cable to your monitor, and therefore the quality of the image isn't affected by external factors.  What the video card produces, the monitor gets.

DVI connection is more direct, while in order to create the signal on vga connector the video card has to route the signal through a digital to analogue converter (a bunch of circuitry on the video card) which creates analogue signal from digital signal.

DVI is simply much better no matter how you look at it.

So you're not loading gpu with extra things, it's the same thing.

Your monitor sounds like it has a few inputs.  It only requires one.  You typically want to use DVI (usually wide white connector) over VGA (usually smaller blue connector), as it provides a clearer digital signal.  You can use HDMI "instead", if you monitor supports it.  Again, you only need one connection from the computer to the monitor.  Some computers and monitors will give you an error message if you try to connect more than one cable between them.

DVI, VGA, HDMI, and DP (display port), are each separate display connection standards. You'll only need one. The one you choose however depends on the features and image quality you want.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580