Which GPU should I use? GTX 1060 vs 1070

1 hour ago, Hanzala said:

get the ACX 3.0, theres not really any difference between the FTW and SC. The founders edition has a different style fan which isnt always the best. (looks rather nice though)

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

Even a 1070 can't run every game at max settings in 1080p and get 60 FPS.

On 05/12/2016 at 5:57 PM, Delicieuxz said:

Well, let's create a master list of games that a stock GTX 1070 doesn't get 60 FPS in, at 1080p with settings maxed. So far mentioned are:

Witcher 3 Blood on Wine DLC

Black Desert Online

TERA

GTA IV

GTA V

Watch Dogs 2

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Crysis 3

Assassin's Creed Black Flag

Assassin's Creed Unity

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Ark: Survival Evolved

Ashes of the Singularity

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

2 hours ago, Hanzala said:

Hey Zyndo, I noticed that you are using the Corsair h100i v2. How do you like it so far? Thats the one I was looking to buy.

Its awesome and provides a ton of cooling for my 6700k. the stock fans rattle a bit for me though, so I'm going to be replacing those. its a problem that affects some, but not all, of the SP120L fans. some people fans are super quiet, and for others they rattle. but the overall noise is fairly minimal, and can only really be heard when there is no sound on the computer.

I plan on doing autoCAD and solidworks on it as well so i wanted cores over fps.

https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-Solidworks-150/Hardware-Recommendations

^might be worth a read. Usually most CAD software likes high frequency single core over highly multi thread, rendering and exporting drawing on the other hand just wants as much power as you can throw at it. 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

6 hours ago, Bajantechnician said:

Rip, unemployed high school student. Can I pay you to buy one for me?

Does internship count?

8 hours ago, Hanzala said:

Haha I couldn't even If I wanted to, once you buy one youre locked out. But consider working for bestbuy for a week, then you too can get this amazing deal during december and i think june

Any of the gpus you listed are good. Just buy the non stock cooler ones(whichever one you can afford) and use that

Ahh. every year then? maybe next year :)

11 hours ago, Zyndo said:

Its awesome and provides a ton of cooling for my 6700k. the stock fans rattle a bit for me though, so I'm going to be replacing those. its a problem that affects some, but not all, of the SP120L fans. some people fans are super quiet, and for others they rattle. but the overall noise is fairly minimal, and can only really be heard when there is no sound on the computer.

Alright sounds great, I think ill pick one up.

1 hour ago, Hanzala said:

As long as you get a pay stub

its minimum wage

Alright sounds great, I think ill pick one up.

Good choice =). even with the minor bit of noise it makes I still consider it a pretty good investment. You could probably reduce/eliminate the noise with some cheap rubber washers to absorb the vibrations if you end up getting a bad fan or two.

17 hours ago, Hanzala said:

I see, yeah I really dont want to go over ~$2000CAD on the build so as far as I can see the 1080 is out of my budget unless I can nab one for $500CAD lol

If you really want to get a really nice graphics card, don't get such a crazy expensive CPU. For gaming you don't need a 6-core processor. Go for a 6700k and save yourself some nice cash. 16GB of RAM is all you need for "future proofing". For storage get a 2TB WD Black hard drive, you can upgrade to a SSD later on if you want. Other than that just pick what kind of gaming you're doing and pick your stuff to fit it. Remember, pick everything before your graphics card. After that you can make sacrifices in places that you can upgrade later. For enthusiasts upgrading is the best part of it.

6 hours ago, Jupiter said:

If you really want to get a really nice graphics card, don't get such a crazy expensive CPU. For gaming you don't need a 6-core processor. Go for a 6700k and save yourself some nice cash. 16GB of RAM is all you need for "future proofing". For storage get a 2TB WD Black hard drive, you can upgrade to a SSD later on if you want. Other than that just pick what kind of gaming you're doing and pick your stuff to fit it. Remember, pick everything before your graphics card. After that you can make sacrifices in places that you can upgrade later. For enthusiasts upgrading is the best part of it.

he already got cpu

On 12/9/2016 at 7:07 PM, Jupiter said:

Yeah I already have the CPU, thats not really being factored into the budget of the build. Its everything else. 

On 12/9/2016 at 4:28 AM, Zyndo said:

Hey lol one other question, I just saw you have the same ram as the one I was going to order. Is it good? Any issues?

32 minutes ago, Hanzala said:

Hey lol one other question, I just saw you have the same ram as the one I was going to order. Is it good? Any issues?

I've not been doing much overclocking, but i had stability issues using the XMP OC preset with my RAM. I have the feeling it was a motherbaord issue and not a RAM issue though (I had to RMA my previous motherboard because it was having issues, i haven't tried out the XMP on this one yet), but its plenty good at stock speeds and haven't had any issues since.