Help with EVGA P55 LE not detecing all of my rams

Hello guys :D i need help with my Evga P55 LE because it only detects 4gb of my ram instead of 8 gb :( my rams are Avexir Core Series 2x4gb 1600mhz and at CPU Z it detects it as a dual channel and also in windows it has an hardware reserve of 4gb. I have tried loosening my cooler, tried swapping the slots of each ram but still no fix :( in the bios it also only detects 4gb :( any settings i could do on the bios to detect all of my rams? thanks :D

Look on the sticks of ram themselves. You could have bene shipped the wrong configuration of ram.

Computers r fun

2 hours ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

Look on the sticks of ram themselves. You could have bene shipped the wrong configuration of ram.

what do you mean on the configuration of ram?

3 hours ago, XyzWoot said:

Hello guys :D i need help with my Evga P55 LE because it only detects 4gb of my ram instead of 8 gb :( my rams are Avexir Core Series 2x4gb 1600mhz and at CPU Z it detects it as a dual channel and also in windows it has an hardware reserve of 4gb. I have tried loosening my cooler, tried swapping the slots of each ram but still no fix :( in the bios it also only detects 4gb :( any settings i could do on the bios to detect all of my rams? thanks :D

Have you tried one stick at a time?

CPU: I7 5820K@4.0Ghz | Mobo: ASRock X99 Extreme4 | Ram: 4 x 4Gb G.Skill Tridentz@3200Mhz | GPU: XFX 390x | Cooling: Corsair H115i | PSU: Corsair RMX 850x | Storage: Samsung 250Gb 850 EVO + 2tb Seagate HDD | Case: Inwin 805 | Keyboard: Tesoro Gram Spectrum | Mouse: Tesoro Gram H3L | Mousepad: Corsair MM800 RGB  | OS: Windows 10

8 minutes ago, Hal_9000 said:

Have you tried one stick at a time?

yup tried it and my rams were fine :(

35 minutes ago, XyzWoot said:

yup tried it and my rams were fine :(

And you've tried all different configs?

CPU: I7 5820K@4.0Ghz | Mobo: ASRock X99 Extreme4 | Ram: 4 x 4Gb G.Skill Tridentz@3200Mhz | GPU: XFX 390x | Cooling: Corsair H115i | PSU: Corsair RMX 850x | Storage: Samsung 250Gb 850 EVO + 2tb Seagate HDD | Case: Inwin 805 | Keyboard: Tesoro Gram Spectrum | Mouse: Tesoro Gram H3L | Mousepad: Corsair MM800 RGB  | OS: Windows 10

19 hours ago, Hal_9000 said:

And you've tried all different configs?

Yup i tried and tried but still none :

20 hours ago, XyzWoot said:

what do you mean on the configuration of ram?

They could have shipped you, 2x2 instead of 2x4. In task manager, go to the performance tab, then memory. Can you post a screenshot of what you see?

Computers r fun

1 hour ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

They could have shipped you, 2x2 instead of 2x4. In task manager, go to the performance tab, then memory. Can you post a screenshot of what you see?

Here it is 

xD.PNG

2 minutes ago, XyzWoot said:

Here it is 

xD.PNG

That is very weird. Windows is recognizing all 8gb of ram. Its not a hardware issue. What GPU do you have? How much Vram? Windows is reserving 4gb of your ram to some "Hardware"

Computers r fun

4 minutes ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

That is very weird. Windows is recognizing all 8gb of ram. Its not a hardware issue. What GPU do you have? How much Vram? Windows is reserving 4gb of your ram to some "Hardware"

I'm currently using my Radeon 6570 just to test and in dxdiag approx is 4gb but it should be only 2gb so that might be the problem so what is the fix? but in speccy it still detects it as 2gb

xD.PNG

12 minutes ago, XyzWoot said:

I'm currently using my Radeon 6570 just to test and in dxdiag approx is 4gb but it should be only 2gb so that might be the problem so what is the fix? but in speccy it still detects it as 2gb

xD.PNG

That's very interesting, I I have never seen a dGPU take system memory. I actually tried to make my gpu use my system memory but couldn't figure it out. I think its your MOBO, but it could be windows. Try booting the system off the Integrated GPU, and see if that changes anything. Maybe you have a program enabled? Check the settings in the BIOS, that is the most likely.

Computers r fun

Okay, I did some research, and it appears that your GPU using system memory as a function of the card. It is normal. But that doesn't account for the entire 4gb. I would still check the bios, but I think its your GPU. I'm guessing that if you need the extra RAM, the GPU will give some back.

What is the main purpose of this machine?

Computers r fun

2 minutes ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

Okay, I did some research, and it appears that your GPU using system memory as a function of the card. It is normal. But that doesn't account for the entire 4gb. I would still check the bios, but I think its your GPU. I'm guessing that if you need the extra RAM, the GPU will give some back.

What is the main purpose of this machine?

Yeah i was shocked ._. but my processor does not have any integrated gpu since it's an I5 760 it's literally old hahaha i would really like to give it back to my rams though and the purpose of this machine is for gaming and actually i already have my gtx 1060 here but since there is a problem, i am using my old gpu till i fix my rams 

13 minutes ago, XyzWoot said:

Yeah i was shocked ._. but my processor does not have any integrated gpu since it's an I5 760 it's literally old hahaha i would really like to give it back to my rams though and the purpose of this machine is for gaming and actually i already have my gtx 1060 here but since there is a problem, i am using my old gpu till i fix my rams 

That doesn't make alot of sense. Get that old GPU out of there, get the new one in! That will not only tell us if the problem is the GPU, but you get to use your 1060!

Not that it matters, but typically RAM (Random Access Memory) is singular.

Also, typically 8gb of RAM is not a lot of gamming. I would recommend at least 12, preferably 16.

Computers r fun