TWC getting nervous?

Agons

http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/residential-home/internet/internet-service-plans.html

TWC is double there top tier speed in the US by year's end from 50MB down to 100MB. I'm excited I might upgrade to the top tier if there is also a upload speed upgrade(I cant find anything official saying either case) .

I'm thinking they are looking at fiber and realizing that this shit is gonna take off and they don't want to be left too far behind on their copper.

just saying

Work Station:: Cooler Master Storm Trooper // i7-3930K @ 3.9 GHz // Asus Sabertooth X79 // Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) 1600 MHz // Cooler Master 1200W Gold // Xonar Essence STX // Radeon HD 6970 // Avermedia HD Live Gamer Pro

Gaming Rig:: Cooler Master Scout // i7-2700k @ 4.0GHz // MSI Z68 // G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB (4X4EB) 1066MHz // Antec 750W Bronze // Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD // EVGA GTX 670

Anything for the folks up north? 

Starting a petition for fibre in Nunavut!

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Anything for the folks up north? 

Starting a petition for fibre in Nunavut!

Alberta would be nice too.

50MB would be a dream...

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

Meanwhile in Australia we will get 25 megabit by 2019.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

That's nice. Now how about about those gigabit speeds TWC? 

COMIC SANS

I kinda knew posting this would get some people annoyed who live in places that can't get even remotely close to what is already available in the united states. But one thing that history has shown is when technology progresses in the united states, it spread to other countries(not including all the bad ass ones with fiber to the home already). Here is hope to a future where everything is fiber everywhere!

Work Station:: Cooler Master Storm Trooper // i7-3930K @ 3.9 GHz // Asus Sabertooth X79 // Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) 1600 MHz // Cooler Master 1200W Gold // Xonar Essence STX // Radeon HD 6970 // Avermedia HD Live Gamer Pro

Gaming Rig:: Cooler Master Scout // i7-2700k @ 4.0GHz // MSI Z68 // G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB (4X4EB) 1066MHz // Antec 750W Bronze // Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD // EVGA GTX 670

http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/residential-home/internet/internet-service-plans.html

TWC is double there top tier speed in the US by year's end from 50MB down to 100MB. I'm excited I might upgrade to the top tier if there is also a upload speed upgrade(I cant find anything official saying either case) .

I'm thinking they are looking at fiber and realizing that this shit is gonna take off and they don't want to be left too far behind on their copper.

just saying

Were does it acutally say they are planning to double the speeds? because the 50 down from them is lame i want 100 down :D ( i have the top package)

I am a happy wuffy

Alberta would be nice too.

I'm in Ontario near Detroit so...... Fibre pretty please.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

RANT:

I have TWC I used to get 30mbps down and 2mbps up for $29.99 a month, Since my plan became grandfathered( 3 months ago) they forced me to change my internet package, to 15mbps down and 1mbps up for $35 a month. No matter what I did they didn't let me keep my old plan, simply stating they could no longer offer it due to "competitive pricing agreements" in my state. AKA because Verizon FIOS charges way more for their Internet service; TWC can justify their actions. 

/RANT

They should be getting nervous as they will soon fall, just like what happened to "Adelphia" which was bought by TWC.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Meanwhile in Asia, $10 for 50mb/s

Meanwhile in Australia, $100 for 5mb/s

I have TWC and am paying $55 for 30 down and 5 up. If I could get 100 20 or more I'd be all over it. 

RANT:

I have TWC I used to get 30mbps down and 2mbps up for $29.99 a month, Since my plan became grandfathered( 3 months ago) they forced me to change my internet package, to 15mbps down and 1mbps up for $35 a month. No matter what I did they didn't let me keep my old plan, simply stating they could no longer offer it due to "competitive pricing agreements" in my state. AKA because Verizon FIOS charges way more for their Internet service; TWC can justify their actions. 

/RANT

They should be getting nervous as they will soon fall, just like what happened to "Adelphia" which was bought by TWC.

You cheeky bastard. :o

I have the second plan you mentioned because, get ready, it was one of the /cheaper/ options in this area. And I live in Dallas, a massive metroplex. These ISPs can go get wrecked, seriously. It's 2013, not 2003. My old ISP was charing 52 dollars a month for roughly around 4-6mbps.