Google shows off its new version of Glass - now has built-in earbud

TopWargamer

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/29/5044224/google-shows-off-updated-glass-hardware-with-earbud-and-prescription

earbud1_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

A day after inviting members of its Explorers program to swap their old frames for new ones, Google Glass is showing the world what the latest model looks like. In a post on Google+, the company shows a slightly modified version of Glass that includes a removable mono earbud. These will also be the first models to support prescription lenses, the company said.

Members of the Explorers program will be allowed to invite up to three friends to purchase the $1,500 hardware. The move comes as Google is reportedly ramping up production of Glass, and possibly building a crazy floating showroom for them in the San Francisco Bay. A version of Glass targeted at more mainstream customers is expected to go on sale next year.

Neato, but I really wish that Google would come out with a "fullscreen" version of Glass, like on the Meta. Now with this announcement, let's see those improved specs Google...

COMIC SANS

Where's my google helmet??!?

CPU:

Intel Core i5 2500k - Motherboard: Asus maximus iv gene-z - RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance Blue 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - GPU: ASUS GTX 770 DirectCU II
Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 II - Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate barracuda 3TB PSU: XFX 650W XXX Edition Modular PSU - Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 Pro
Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 - Sound: Razer Characias

the earbud looks stupid.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

wow.. they actually succeded in making glass look worse.. *claps hands*

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

wow.. they actually succeded in making glass look worse.. *claps hands*

It looks the same except now it has a built-in earbud.

>.>

COMIC SANS

Are they still prototypes?.........Seinheiser where are you

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Are they still prototypes?.........Seinheiser where are you

Well seeing as that they're not available to the public yet, I'd say so. 

COMIC SANS

Would have liked to see the earbud to be coming near the back to make it not so weird with a wire sticking out and made it more low profile. Wonder how the audio quality is.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

It looks the same except now it has a built-in earbud.

>.>

exactly. the stock looks were bad.. the addition of the earbud made it truly hideous. But that's just my personal opinion. I was exited for glass.. but i could not pull off that look...

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Would have liked to see the earbud to be coming near the back to make it not so weird with a wire sticking out and made it more low profile. Wonder how the audio quality is.

Better be decent, especially with that hefty price tag. 

;_;

COMIC SANS

Well seeing as that they're not available to the public yet, I'd say so. 

Good thing.... but hopefully they're pretty descent I should not think and write negatively think noctua fans.

Still stunningly great looking fans

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

exactly. the stock looks were bad.. the addition of the earbud made it truly hideous. But that's just my personal opinion. I was exited for glass.. but i could not pull off that look...

The earbud was a "necessary evil" though.

And nobody can pull off that look.

:P

COMIC SANS

I'm guessing it will still use bone conduction with these being optional in case you want to listen to music.

Asked MKBHD for an invite... Looks like I'm going to try to get one.

werent you going to wait a few gens?

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Asked MKBHD for an invite... Looks like I'm going to try to get one.

You're actually going to get one? That's surprising. I thought you would have just made a "Ghetto Glass".

i-just-bought-my-first-pair-of-google-gl

(And no, that's not me.)

COMIC SANS