Nvidia Geforce Experience R331 Update (shadowplay and gamestream finally released)

zarrexx

So the nw driver from Nvidia is out and has a few new features, Shadowplay and Gamestream, both of which where very waited for, here are the release highlights:

GeForce 331.65 Driver

Release Summary

This 331.65 Game Ready WHQL driver ensures you’ll have the best possible gaming experience in Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts. These Game Ready drivers will also provide performance enhancements in a wide variety of different games.

In addition, the new 331.65 Game Ready driver is bundled with GeForce Experience v1.7 which includes support for two highly-anticipated new technologies. NVIDIA GameStream™ provides end users with the ability to stream PC games from their GeForce GTX-equipped PC directly to a SHIELD device. This update also introduces the Beta version of GeForce ShadowPlay™, an innovated new game capture tool with exceptional features and performance.
New in GeForce R331 Drivers

•    Performance Boost – Increases performance by up to 19% for GeForce 400/500/600/700 series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 327.23 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration. Here is one example of measured gains:
GeForce GTX 690/770/780/TITAN:

•    Up to 12% in Battlefield 4
•    Up to 19% in Sniper Elite V2
•    Up to 13% in Dirt: Showdown
•    Up to 9% in Metro: Last Light
•    Up to 9% in Sleeping Dogs
•    Up to 8% in Max Payne 3
•    Up to 6% in F1 2012
•    SLI Technology
•    Batman: Arkham Origins – updated profile
•    Battlefield 4 – updated profile
•    Shadow Warrior – added DX9 profile
•    War of the Vikings – added DX11 profile
•    Dragon Sword - updated DX9 profile
•    GRID 2 - updated DX11 profile
•    Euro Truck Simulator 2 - updated profile
•    3D Vision
•    Shadow Warrior – “Excellent”
•    Call of Duty: Ghosts – “Fair”
•    The Wolf Among Us – “Good”

Gaming Technology
•    Enables GeForce ShadowPlay™ technology
•    Civilization 5 – added HBAO+
•    SHIELD
•    Enables NVIDIA GameStream™ technology
•    4K Displays
•    Adds support for 4K Surround

Additional Details
•    Installs new PhysX System Software 9.13.0725.
•    Installs HD Audio v1.3.26.4
•    Installs GeForce Experience v9.3.16.0
•    Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5.5 or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit. More information at http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit
•    Supports OpenGL 4.3 for GeForce 400-series and later GPUs.
•    Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 600 series GPUs.
•    Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
•    Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.

here's a screenshot:

post-6101-0-27421100-1382990249_thumb.jp

z0mq. Too bad my GPU probably doesn't support it.

Same here...

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I bluescreen every time i try and use shadowplay :(

"The internet is a series of tubes"

I tried it and it records really well. But for some reasin my manual recording turned off after 13 min. Also they said autorecording is up to 20 min but I was unable to set it up for more than 10 min.

Also it is truly not impacting performance significantly.

Just recorded 5 Minutes of gameplay with my Gtx660 on Borderlands 2, worked fine, hardly any performance hit at all, the weird thing is, when the 5 minute timer finished the game semi crashed and it spazzed out hard, I nearly shit myself with the volley of noises coming from the game whilst it had crashed, worked fine after 5 seconds or so.

Edit: Upon reviewing what I had recorded it actually recorded the game spazzing out and the loud crashing noise of the game, wonderful, seems as if it's still purely in Beta at the moment and cannot be trusted fully for perfect recording. 

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

BF4, here we come.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Well I get infinite black screen reboot loops when attempting to use this so ^_^ it'd be nice if Nvidia could sort this shit out.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

You guys can use this thing like FRAPS.

Just set recording to manual :D

Shadowplay is a beast. Only lost about 5-10 FPS.

Finally.. Shadowplay is here and its great! The recording is smoother than when your playing! 1 drawback it requires full screen .. Not windowed full screen so you can't have any overlays when u want to record.. But I never use them anyway. I was concerned that I couldn't play in 1440p to record at 1080p but indeed it allows you do do that.. Soooo happy.

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

How about that actually finish geforce experience and make it support oh you know their own Nvidia surround solution. Geesh come on guys.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

I bluescreen every time i try and use shadowplay :(

I don't bluescreen but since the update Geforce Experience 'Encounters an error' on just about everything i do.

A man of charm with strange quarks.