Hello Games responds to the No Man's Sky hate and madness with an update

AlTech

Hello Games, the studio behind the disaster of a game called "No Man's sky", has released a new update "Foundation Update" and finally delivers on it's hype.

It adds close to everything promised in the original game. It also includes brand new stuff such as base building, customizing and owning freighters although this will cost extra and new game modes aptly named Survival and Creativity.

Gee, I wonder where they got that kind of game mode naming scheme from xD....

Spoiler

mc.PNG

Hello Games has confessed to remaining silent but eventually coming out and listening to the community. Although let's keep it real here, the damage is already done.

I've set the video to start at the appropriate time since the video contains monetization material in the intro.

What do you guys think? Let me know in the comments below!

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

It looks good, but I think no mans sky has gone to far to be saved, they really should have just admitted they fucked up and explained that they were working to add the features they promised instead of going silent.

3 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

It looks good, but I think no mans sky has gone to far to be saved, they really should have just admitted they fucked up and explained that they were working to add the features they promised instead of going silent.

Well when the world is flaming the fuck out of you and you don't know what to do you go silent. Some devs will go dark than to add fuel to a fire even though going silent is adding fuel to the fire too

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

Just now, XenosTech said:

Well when the world is faling the fuck out of you and you don't know what to do you go silent. Some davs will go dark than to add fuel to a fire even though going silent is adding fuel to the fire too

going silent added more fuel to the fire than just admitting he lied would have ever. It was almost 3 months of people speculating as to why hello games went silent, and the amount of conspiracies and down right idiotic reasons people came up with was unbelievable.

Just now, 8-Bit Ninja said:

going silent added more fuel to the fire than just admitting he lied would have ever. It was almost 3 months of people speculating as to why hello games went silent, and the amount of conspiracies and down right idiotic reasons people came up with was unbelievable.

Like I said, it was their way of dealing with the global flaming. Some devs will try to pander with the public about the fuck up and still fuck up and others will just stay silent and fix their shit and do an update and keep quiet about it. Remember humans aren't very rational at times.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

Just now, XenosTech said:

Like I said, it was their way of dealing with the global flaming. Some devs will try to pander with the public about the fuck up and still fuck up and others will just stay silent and fix their shit and do an update and keep quiet about it. Remember humans aren't very rational at times.

"Remember humans aren't very rational at times", the exact reason why going silent is a bad idea

7 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

They should have pushed back the release until this update was finished.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Just now, 8-Bit Ninja said:

"Remember humans aren't very rational at times", the exact reason why going silent is a bad idea

Well at least they delivered on their promise. We've had too many game devs in the past that have made promises and never delivered.

1 minute ago, vorticalbox said:

Should have and could have but they didn't, so they got flamed for it.

Just now, vorticalbox said:

I would guess that sony was putting a lot of pressure on them to get it out when they did

1 minute ago, XenosTech said:

Well at least they delivered on their promise. We've had too many game devs in the past that have made promises and never delivered.

I'l agree with you on that, while the handled the whole thing very poorly, at least they are trying to make amends and make the game what it should have been to begin with

1 minute ago, XenosTech said:

Should have and could have but they didn't, so they got flamed for it.

1 minute ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

I would guess that sony was putting a lot of pressure on them to get it out when they did

Sony taking the hit for it now seeing as almost everyone got a refund I doubt people will be willing to fork out again for a game that MIGHT be what they wanted. I can see the pirating of the game taking a spike in the next few weeks.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

So the game is finally out of open alpha, nice.

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

1 minute ago, vorticalbox said:

Sony taking the hit for it now seeing as almost everyone got a refund I doubt people will be willing to fork out again for a game that MIGHT be what they wanted. I can see the pirating of the game taking a spike in the next few weeks.

Yes sony are taking a hit, but I doubt they were expecting it when the game was released, big developers putting stress on the smaller developers happens all the time, it just doesn't normally blow up as much as no mans sky did.

That's an awfully flattering headline you've got there.

The madness of the community manifested itself in preorders, not criticism and the 'hate' was answered by pretending it had no reason to exist and letting go of the CEO that briefly admitted it did.

The updates are obviously a good thing, but they did not handle their criticism gracefully.

5 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

Well, it was half price on Steam Autumn sale......

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

All this is nice, but it doesn't fix the game's underlying flaw that there just isn't anything remotely interesting in the galaxy that they have created.

Not to mention other than grinding materials there isn't anything this to do.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

I still don't get what the big issue with this game was. Did they release the game unfinished? Yes. A lot of Devs do. Hell even AAA devs do, much less small teams.

Did they handle criticism badly? Yes. They're a small group of nerds who were under tons of pressure to get the game out the door, not just from Sony but also from the vulgarities and death threats they received the times they did push it back. They then released their love baby before it was finished and immediately had people rip on it for being unfinished. How would you react in that kind of situation? I'm pretty sure most people would react poorly in that kind of situation, and that's what they are, people, not some PR teams spinning a story.

Is the game boring? I don't feel so. I like the immersive void and emptyness I feel while wandering the planets. A lot of people do find it boring, but what do you expect from a game that was from the start a love child of a small group making a game to satisfy their desires of a game.

Personally I don't see how No Man's Sky was mishandled any worse than a thousand other games out there, and I respect them for hunkering down and finally getting a finished project out the door, rather than getting themselves dragged down in Drama and slowing down development to explain to people what little they could without violating the NDA they were likely under about a lot of the details.

5 minutes ago, Sniperfox47 said:

I still don't get what the big issue with this game was. Did they release the game unfinished? Yes. A lot of Devs do. Hell even AAA devs do, much less small teams.

Did they handle criticism badly? Yes. They're a small group of nerds who were under tons of pressure to get the game out the door, not just from Sony but also from the vulgarities and death threats they received the times they did push it back. They then released their love baby before it was finished and immediately had people rip on it for being unfinished. How would you react in that kind of situation? I'm pretty sure most people would react poorly in that kind of situation, and that's what they are, people, not some PR teams spinning a story.

Is the game boring? I don't feel so. I like the immersive void and emptyness I feel while wandering the planets. A lot of people do find it boring, but what do you expect from a game that was from the start a love child of a small group making a game to satisfy their desires of a game.

Personally I don't see how No Man's Sky was mishandled any worse than a thousand other games out there, and I respect them for hunkering down and finally getting a finished project out the door, rather than getting themselves dragged down in Drama and slowing down development to explain to people what little they could without violating the NDA they were likely under about a lot of the details.

Cause every game coming out in 2016 is doing this trend, coming out unfinished, people are pissed, people want what was advertised.

Or selling retarded expensive DLC's 

This business practice is hurting the gamers, ofc profiting the industry giants but still, they are fucking us over and people are just accepting it.

7 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Cause every game coming out in 2016 is doing this trend, coming out unfinished, people are pissed, people want what was advertised.

Or selling retarded expensive DLC's 

This business practice is hurting the gamers, ofc profiting the industry giants but still, they are fucking us over and people are just accepting it.

...I get that, but then why get pissed at the little guys? They don't control the market. It makes no sense to snap up the crappy games of other larger scale industry players like crack, only to come down on the small scale developers when they follow industry trends.

If you want to get irate at someone over the trend, get irate at the big Industry players. Get irate at the Sony's and Microsoft's of the world, the Bethesdas and EAs and Ubisofts, the players who could actually facilitate change in the market.

3 minutes ago, Sniperfox47 said:

-snip-

The problem is that they had a one guy doing all the PR saying all the stuff that you should've been able to do in the game. When it released, most of what that guy said was not available to do. It has nothing to do with how big/small the team is (Ex: 2K is getting a lot of hate for NBA2K17 because hidden patches and they are not fixing what the community wants). Its the fact that they didn't come clear and just say "you'll be able to do X on release and we plan to add Y later as paid/free DLC". Star Citizen is an example of doing it right, where it's made clear that many features will be added much later in the development cycle (Coming from someone who is not a fan of the game).

The update looks cool, and they said they are adding a lot more in the future. But by the time they add all the content needed to make the game fun, star citizen will be "done".

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

3 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

It adds close to everything promised in the original game.

It adds base building and one new customizable ship. That is far from everything that was promised. They still have a long way to go before No Man's Sky looks like what was advertised. The linked video points out that all base building really does is automate the one gameplay element of collecting resources so I don't see that coming close to saving the game.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)