Xbox One OS and Xbox Live issues pending launch and post launch

Kirihuna

http://doddscientifics.com/2013/10/28/xbox-one-os-and-xbox-live-issues-bouncing-about-as-we-approach-launch/

"I asked if could be fixed soon. He said that anything is possible and Microsoft is obviously working on it but he thinks it will be months, not weeks. Getting online launch games certified is taking so long that it’s pushing games after launch back."

Apparently there are problems with the OS handling parties and what not, especially when switching apps.

It appears network issues are causes by Microsoft doing a 180 and removing the DRM throughout the code.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

It appears network issues are causes by Microsoft doing a 180 and removing the DRM throughout the code.

I can't say this enough. Please WAIT a couple months before buying a next gen console. I'm personally going to wait around 2 years before considering one.

RROD, YLOD, scratched discs last gen and now network issues for next gen? Please wait guys.

And why do we say to never pre-order?

Because everything you've been told and shown is a lie, pre-rendered, or staged to look its absolute best.

Don't feel sorry for people who run into problems. Expect there will be, look at last gen. Wait for reviews from people who make a living doing this exact thing.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

This is why they should have kept the DRM system...and changing minor policies and should have done a better job of explaining it in the first place.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

This is why they should have kept the DRM system...and changing minor policies and should have done a better job of explaining it in the first place.

Yea that last one is a big one. 2 different answers from 2 different people on the same day. People were more pissed off because they/nor Microsoft knew how the dam thing even worked.

Here is this DRM policy that does this. But we don't know how it works. So don't ask questions because you won't get an answer.

And the biggest slap in the face was, Don't like the DRM policies/always online well buy a 360 than. That could have been handled so much better.

Personally I liked the DRM policy, some of the rumored things that were being tossed around a couple days before it was abolished really set it apart from the PS4. Now just like last gen they are the exact same thing with a different name.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

A better job explaining the policies can't be overstated. It seemed like they had the engineers as a big part of the marketing team. It ended up they touted how their systems work instead of what they do. Sony said (and didn't say, more importantly) everything they needed to. They touted a feature of being able to buy a game on your smart phone and have your PS4 download it so it was ready when you get home. How would that work? Always on. Something Microsoft touted as a big selling point but got so much shit for because they didn't give any cool things that that could mean. The only major thing we were told about that requires that is DRM.

Just a lot of poor explaining and PR on Microsoft's part.

I wish Microsoft would have stuck to their guns. People would be over it in 6 months after the launch, but now they go back on some of the most fundamental building blocks of the console and have to fix it with software. That can't be anything but bad. There really is no up side.

Is there proof to back up this accusation? Or is it just speculation?

If this is shown to all be true this will be a huge blow to Xboner sales.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I can't say this enough. Please WAIT a couple months before buying a next gen console. I'm personally going to wait around 2 years before considering one.

RROD, YLOD, scratched discs last gen and now network issues for next gen? Please wait guys.

I've never had any consoles fail and I got my first in 2000

These things still happen to the latest version of the Xbox 360.  The disc scratching issue is STILL a bad one.  I expect the Xbone to have terminal issues as well because its Microsoft and a console.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

If you had an Xbox 360 and it never failed or had issues than you are extremely lucky.  The number of issues with those consoles is longer than the side effect list of most drugs. 

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

would you be able to install xbone os onto a computer since it basicly win8

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Got your first console in 2000? What was it?

I've had consoles as far back as N64/PS1/Original Xbox. Those are all still working, but I've gone through about 4-5 Xbox 360's. Funnily enough my launch edition Xbox 360 survived up until last year, but my other ones have all failed except for my current Xbox 360 Slim console. I still have my launch PS3, it runs a little hot, but it has never had any issues.

If you had an Xbox 360 and it never failed or had issues than you are extremely lucky.  The number of issues with those consoles is longer than the side effect list of most drugs. 

I've only had a disc reading issue with my 360 Slim and a couple of scratched disks (user error). I'm surprised by a lot of people that have had 3-5 360's.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."