Internet speed

Bjarnen

I pay for a 30d/10u internet connection. But for some reason my PC doesn't even reach 3mbit up. It does however reach 7mbit up, which is weird in my opinion. Meanwhile on my Xbox One i get around 31mbit download speed. What is the cause of these differences? 

How is your PC connected? WiFi? If so, try connecting directly to your router with an ethernet cable and testing the speeds. If they're significantly faster, WiFi is the issue. 

6 minutes ago, Bjarnen said:

I pay for a 30d/10u internet connection. But for some reason my PC doesn't even reach 3mbit up. It does however reach 7mbit up, which is weird in my opinion. Meanwhile on my Xbox One i get around 31mbit download speed. What is the cause of these differences? 

I'm assuming you mean you're getting 3Mbps down and 7Mbps up...  Now my first question is are you getting 3MBps down, or just 3Mbps?

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Everything in my house is connected by WiFi. I've tried to connect my PC via ethernet, but it didn't increase the speed in any way.

1 minute ago, Bjarnen said:

Everything in my house is connected by WiFi. I've tried to connect my PC via ethernet, but it didn't increase the speed in any way.

Can you run a speedtest on your PC and post the results?

http://www.speedtest.net/

Yes i get this. But on my xbox one the speed is 10x, than what it is on my computer.

5 minutes ago, Bjarnen said:

Yes i get this. But on my xbox one the speed is 10x, than what it is on my computer.

So you're getting 300Mbps on your Xbox? That's impossible if you're paying for 30/10 unless your ISP made a massive screw up. 

What you're likely seeing is a download on your PC quoted in Megabytes per second (normally shown as MB/s) and in Megabits per second on your Xbox (normally shown as Mbps, but can also be Mb/s with the lower case "b"). There are 8 Bits in a Byte and therefore 8 Megabits in a Megabyte. If you were getting 80 Megabits per second download, that is the same as 8 Megabytes per second.

3 minutes ago, Bjarnen said:

no, it's not.

1byte =8bit

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

4 minutes ago, Bjarnen said:

First, you need to quote people so we get your reply...

Second, you pay for 30Mbps and that's what you're getting.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

3 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

So you're getting 300Mbps on your Xbox? That's impossible if you're paying for 30/10 unless your ISP made a massive screw up. 

What you're likely seeing is a download on your PC quoted in Megabytes per second (normally shown as MB/s) and in Megabits per second on your Xbox (normally shown as Mbps, but can also be Mb/s with the lower case "b"). There are 8 Bits in a Byte and therefore 8 Megabits in a Megabyte. If you were getting 80 Megabits per second download, that is the same as 8 Megabytes per second.

For the last time. 3Mbits and 30Mbits.

Well it was kinda confusing, you posted a SS of a good Speedtest of your Xbox...

1. The wifi card:

- what do you use on your pc? WiFi card on MoBo? USB WiFi Dongle? PCI express WiFi card? 

- WHAT BRAND AND MODEL PLZ.

2. Distance to router? 

- distance?

- WiFi ac, WiFi n or WiFi g ?

3. Interference

- are you connected to 2.4GHz or 5.0GHz ?

Please post a speedtest of the 3Mbps you're getting.

Also, please post a screenshot or a snip of a download that you think is slow, namely 3Mbps as you said.

What you posted is 30Mbps down and 7Mbps up and that doesn't indicate any real issues.
Also nothing you said indicates any possible causes for the issue if we ignore the speedtest result.

17 hours ago, Bjarnen said:

Your Xbox is probably displaying the download speed in Megabits per second (Mb/s), while computers usually show download speed in Megabytes per second (MB/s).

If your downloading something on your Xbox, it would show 30 Mb/s while on your computer it would show 3 MB/s.  Usually the conversion factor from Megabits to Megabytes is .125... so.... (30 Megabits/s (Mb/s) * .125) = 3.75 Megabytes/s (MB/s).  

This is most likely the cause of your "problem."  It is not an issue with the download speed, it is simply a difference in how the download speed is displayed to you.

Main Rig: 

i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz w/ H75 Liquid CPU Cooler - Asus Maximus VII Hero - 16GB G.Skill Triedent X 2133MHz RAM - 2x Gtx 660s in SLI - 120GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD NZXT Hue - K70 RGB Keyboard - Corsair Sabre RGB - Windows 8.1 - 2x Asus VN247H-P 1080p Monitors (I'm a sucker for lighting effects)

Server: 

FX 8350 @ 4.0GHz w/ stock cooler - 8GB Crucial 1600MHz RAM - AMD Radeon HD 7450 GPU - 300W PSU - 120GB SSD - Windows 7