with multiple tabs open clicking a notification sometimes opens in one of the tabs im not in

ok so this is a major anoyance i have with the forum, currently i have 6 tabs open, 5 with things like STRMfrmXMN's amazing PSU whitelist and some stuff about Linux and other things and sometimes when i click a notification, happens both with the ones in the "bell" menue and the ones that pop up, it opens in one of those tabs and thereby moving away from the content i have there so i need to press back to get back to what was in that tab and then go to the "bell" menue and click the link from there again and now it opens in the tab im in. this is a strange problem that i find super annoying and that needs to go away IMO so please fix this as fast as you can and if its a feature its stupid IMO

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

That's sounds really confusing. Hold on...

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

That's sounds really confusing. Hold on...

clicking the notification i got from your reply opened over the PSU whitelist...

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

clicking the notification i got from your reply opened over the PSU whitelist...

Oh so it does not open a new tab?

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Oh so it does not open a new tab?

no i have sevral tabs of the forum open at once so i can quickly acces important threads like the LGA775 overclocking guide and as mentioned the PSU Whitelist and it opens in one of those tabs instead of the one i was last active in which would be the tab with this thread in it

Builds:

Spoiler

Does the same for me, im pretty sure thats how chrome notifications work though if you already have the website open in one tab, it'll take you to that tab and open the notification.

does it when im on the forums here, click on a facebook notification for example, it'll take me to my facebook tab and redirect me to whatever the notification was.

Or do you mean you can be on LTT on a tab, and it'll still open on a different tab?

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, RKRiley said:

Does the same for me, im pretty sure thats how chrome notifications work though if you already have the website open in one tab, it'll take you to that tab and open the notification.

does it when im on the forums here, click on a facebook notification for example, it'll take me to my facebook tab and redirect me to whatever the notification was.

Or do you mean you can be on LTT on a tab, and it'll still open on a different tab?

i have 6 tabs with diferent threads i want to quickly acces and instead of opening in the LTT forum tab i latest used it opens in one i havent use in a while and its super anoying because then i have to press the back arrow to return to the thread i was in and then go to this tab that im wrighting this is and go to the notification and click it from this tab instead of it just opening in the tab i was using the latest 

Builds:

Spoiler

This only happens when you click browser notifications (bottom right on Windows, top right on OSX and Ubuntu, various places on other linux distributions), and not clicking the forum notifications in the bottom left or the notifications dropdown menu at the top of the page. It happens because the notification was triggered by a different tab, and this is quite hard to fix - making the tabs aware of one another so they can decide which one should get the notification is harder than it sounds.

HTTP/2 203

2 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

This only happens when you click browser notifications (bottom right on Windows, top right on OSX and Ubuntu, various places on other linux distributions), and not clicking the forum notifications in the bottom left or the notifications dropdown menu at the top of the page. It happens because the notification was triggered by a different tab, and this is quite hard to fix - making the tabs aware of one another so they can decide which one should get the notification is harder than it sounds.

well then i guess im just going to have to live with it :( 

Builds:

Spoiler