Looking for programming experience

FaiL___

Hi, I am currenrly 18 years old and studying Computer Science. I am really enjoying coding and want to ensue it as a career. I know that obtaining work experience in this area is difficult, so I am asking of any of you have any work I could do. My skills are only basic and rudimentary, but I learn quickly. I am not expecting payment, just experience and further knowledge. Thank you

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Find projects that interest you on GitHub and contribute to them there. I've never worked as a software developer professionally, but if I was applying for such a position I would definitely include a link to my GitHub to let my potential employer see my work first hand (I would think the source code is more important than the final result).

-KuJoe

Program at home. Write different projects on your own time and experiment to get experience, learn and explore new languages when you can. Employers value programmers that do this.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

As much as skills are important, another thing to keep in mind are connections. If there's any job fair or anything like a group of professionals that gather, get into their circle.

+1

In IT it's who you know, not what you know (but what you know can determine who you know).

-KuJoe

21 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

As much as skills are important, another thing to keep in mind are connections. If there's any job fair or anything like a group of professionals that gather, get into their circle.

So, how would I go about obtaining connections?

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Hi, I’m also 18 years old and studying Computer Science. I’m looking for ways to improve my skill and to gain experience to show. I find it difficult to find things to do to make.

In school we have been working with C and learning the basic, but i have more experience with C# and more interest. in C# i feel that i have good knowledge of writing the language, but to find something to make that's not way difficult is hard, so does anyone have something interesting or fitting thing to do?

I have previously made a program with windows form that monitors applications on a number of computers and logs the result, then another part of the program can read the log and display the results graphical with different scaling and the option to find exact value by clicking.

^^ hope it says something about the skill level so that suggestions can be more appropriate. As this is probably the most difficult things i have done.

On 11/23/2016 at 2:57 PM, FaiL___ said:

Look into meetup groups (meetup.com is commonly used for this in my area) and events in your area. Be social when you're there.

Attend every event possible in your faculty. Be a part of the CS student group if you have one. Get to know your peers and professors.

Competitions, hackathons, presentations, etc are all great ways to improve your own skills while meeting new people.

On 23/11/2016 at 9:57 PM, FaiL___ said:

Build yourself a strong online presence across multiple social networks such as LinkedIn and make profiles on all of the major job boards. Get yourself known to as many recruiters as you can and get them working for you; which they will do if they get the sense that you may have some value.

I can't stress this enough: The world does not owe you anything, you have to go out there and take it.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

9 hours ago, Nuluvius said:

Build yourself a strong online presence across multiple social networks such as LinkedIn and make profiles on all of the major job boards. Get yourself known to as many recruiters as you can and get them working for you; which they will do if they get the sense that you may have some value.

I can't stress this enough: The world does not owe you anything, you have to go out there and take it.

it totally agree. I've been looking for work since may and since getting involved with reciters I have a lot more interviews. I normally get a phone call a week for me details or to ask if I want my cv sent off.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´