Trump's tweets

AniJan
20 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

There is no provision in US law for the majority decision of the Supreme Court of the United States to be 'incorrect'.  'Incorrect' does not exist exist in this scenario as much as you may want to say that it is incorrect. 

I said nothing to this effect.

Don't like it their decision?  Amend the constitution.  Don't like that they can't be 'incorrect'?  Amend the constitution. 

The constitutional provision that governs the actions  of the court was written just fine, no need to change it. If the court is not governing itself accordingly then its the justices that are wrong and should not have been placed to begin with. The point is for them them to be impartial, they knew this upon taking the appointment. Beside you are taking this conversation in a direction I was not going. Either way your point doesn't make sense, if a justice is not performing his/her duties as sworn to, they need to be pulled from the bench and replaced not changing the constitution. As I pointed out, the justices have one job to do and it is not that hard to perform.

Just to point out there are 3 justices that do not follow along with the outline of their job and play the role of Activist Judge, they are Justices Kagan, Kennedy and Ginsburg whom all 3 never should have been appointed as they have shown little regard to being impartial during their tenure as justices.

Seems to me all the folks against same sex marriage are just way too lazy to get around to that whole 'Two Thirds' thing.

Conservatives have been attempting to form an Article 5 convention for about 10 years now. So it seems to me you are not paying attention so much. Either way the definition of marriage is not something that should have a constitutional amendment or stated law to define. Traditional values alone should have been enough.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

15 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Conservatives have been attempting to form an Article 5 convention for about 10 years now. So it seems to me you are not paying attention so much.

Oh no, I'm fully aware.  By 'Lazy' I meant 'Actually being effective instead of just pageantry'. :) 

5 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Oh no, I'm fully aware.  By 'Lazy' I meant 'Actually being effective instead of just pageantry'. :) 

You do know it takes about 38 states to enact an article 5 convention ...

Would have been helpful if the states had not given up its control of the Senate back in the 60's ...

Individual citizens are supposed to be voting for senate members, they represent the States legislature not the people that is the House's job.

I digress. hmmphff

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 hour ago, SCHISCHKA said:

depends on how you implement tax. If tax is on profit then a clean charity that serves its purpose will not loose anything to tax because they will give away everything they take. A dodgy charity will no longer be as profitable to launder money or be used as a cash income. If you tax on consumption (VAT, GST) then charities will loose big time.

You're ignoring the fact that they would stop supporting charitable causes in order to increase their "profit" so that their war chest remains the same after the taxation.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

14 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

You do know it takes about 38 states to enact an article 5 convention ...

Just not enough homophobes in America these days. :(  But maybe one day you guys will make it!  It gets better!  Keep reaching for that... Uhh... Whatever the opposite of a rainbow is?  Uh, a straight line that is solid black and reflects nothing but emptiness?  Yeah, that!  Keep reaching for that straight black line of emptiness! 

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

Just not enough homophobes in America these days. :(  But maybe one day you guys will make it!  It gets better!  Keep reaching for that... Uhh... Whatever the opposite of a rainbow is?  Uh, a straight line that is solid black and reflects nothing but blackness?  Yeah, that!  Keep reaching for that straight black line of nothing! 

Your sarcasm is necessary and uncalled for. 

Homophobia insinuates a fear, there is no fear, so keep using a term with no substance. Beside I find that when a someone backs into a corner whether of their own doing or another they turn to using name calling. Don't do that, it diminishes your position and makes you look less credible. 

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Trump must be killing time tweeting about that on bitch chat. Trump must be bored out of his mind and got nothing to do. How sad is that, President Elect Trump bitching about a stupid fucking play that no one cares about. What a fuck up it all has become. Neither were fit to be President, just a matter of a coin toss. I am just over joyed that now the pipe line will be built.

If all the granola tree huggers knew how many pipes were criss crossing north america they'd start riding horse back.

5 minutes ago, Velvet Revolver said:

Trump must be killing time tweeting about that on bitch chat. Trump must be bored out of his mind and got nothing to do. How sad is that, President Elect Trump bitching about a stupid fucking play that no one cares about. What a fuck up it all has become. Neither were fit to be President, just a matter of a coin toss. I am just over joyed that now the pipe line will be built.

If all the granola tree huggers knew how many pipes were criss crossing north america they'd start riding horse back.

Least one wont have us go to war with Russia over Syria. 

syria is small patatoes to the grand TRUMP plan. or wait does syria have oil? could pull a stupid bush move i guess like in iraq

On 22/11/2016 at 6:24 AM, SansVarnic said:

Sad. Seriously a sad move by those actors.

*edit

A serious breach of professional etiquette by these actors. 

Did you see the video? Basically they said "we hope we inspired you to be great leaders for everyone." 

- snip-

13 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Did you see the video? Basically they said "we hope we inspired you to be great leaders for everyone." 

Either way it was still the quite inappropriate place and time to do such a thing. Professionalism doesn't mean much nowadays.

1 hour ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Woah woah woah, hold on. First: the Supreme Court declared any law prohibiting same-sex marriage to be a violation of people's fundamental rights. I don't see how you think "that isn't legal to begin with," or perhaps you don't understand how the legal system works.

I know how the legal system works and I also know how the making of law works as well. You need to read further along into the thread before making this argument...

1 hour ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

And I totally agree with you on "the less government the better" in this case. The government shouldn't have any say in who gets to marry who.

:) 

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER