Trump's tweets

AniJan

Lmfao. Did you see Donald Trump's tweets? About him beefing with a cast of a single god damn play?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

At the end of the play, Hamilton, the cast of the play made a special message to Mike Pence( our new Vice President )

After that, Trump started getting triggered and posted tweets about how the message was offense to Mike Pence, and he demanded an apology.

Sad. Seriously a sad move by those actors.

*edit

A serious breach of professional etiquette by these actors. 

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, SansVarnic said:

Sad. Seriously a sad move by those actors.

How is it a sad move? It's just an opinion on Pence.

8 minutes ago, AniJan said:

How is it a sad move? It's just an opinion on Pence.

Its sad they feel that way. Did they not listen to what trump said on election night? probably not.

9 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Hey I rather President Elect Trump spends his time on bitch boy twitter wars than deporting motherfuckers.

As long as he deports every single illegal there is I'll be happy.

Illegal is illegal.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, SansVarnic said:

Its sad they feel that way. Did they not listen to what trump said on election night? probably not.

Yes, but the message was aimed at Pence and his views/actions.

Pence literally stated that he would electrocute and starve gay children to make them straight.

I can see where this diversity speech comes from. Look from both sides.

Just now, AniJan said:

Yes, but the message was aimed at Pence and his views/actions.

Pence literally stated that he would electrocute and starve gay children to make them straight.

I can see where this diversity speech comes from. Look from both sides.

I don't necessarily agree with Pence on that but then again my view on homosexuals .. well I wont go there as my view wont be accepted here (cross dressing is still illegal last time i checked). The thing with diversity the man has no issue on race diversity.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

14 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

As long as he deports every single illegal there is I'll be happy.

Illegal is illegal.

Hypothetical: What if he expands the definition of illegal further? 

For the record I am not saying that your country is not entitled to do so, cause it is. I am just saying that he's wasting valuable resources in deporting people that actually do contribute more to your society than what they take away from it and setting dangerous precedents.

But again, totally something you guys can do regardless.

-------

Current Rig

-------

7 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

I don't necessarily agree with Pence on that but then again my view on homosexuals .. well I wont go there as my view wont be accepted here (cross dressing is still illegal last time i checked). The thing with diversity the man has no issue on race diversity.

Due to my Christian beliefs, I don't support gays either. Nevertheless, I think people should follow what they want to follow. If you want to be homosexual, so be it. If you want to be lesbian, so be it. I think people can choose who they want to be and follow who they think their identity is. 

wait

that was confusing.

hold on

11 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Hypothetical: What if he expands the definition of illegal further? 

For the record I am not saying that your country is not entitled to do so, cause it is. I am just saying that he's wasting valuable resources in deporting people that actually do contribute more to your society than what they take away from it and setting dangerous precedents.

But again, totally something you guys can do regardless.

I high doubt he will redefine the word illegal...

One thing he is promoting is cleaning house on the upper echelons that run ICE, FBI, DOJ so that those that fit the definition of illegal will be removed.

The Constitution sets a precedence on how immigrants are to be handled and that falls on the States to handle and not the Federal Government, the Federal's role is only to process the immigrant to citizen status. Many people overlook this and Trump has made several comments about this over the course of the last 2 decades. Thing is people are losing their minds over this because they are not paying attention to what he says on to what the media tells us what he says.

5 minutes ago, AniJan said:

Due to my Christian beliefs, I don't support gays either. Nevertheless, I think people should follow what they want to follow. If you want to be homosexual, so be it. If you want to be lesbian, so be it. I think people can choose who they want to be and follow who they think their identity is. 

wait

that was confusing.

hold on

That wasn't confusing, I got your meaning and I do not argue the opposite. God give the us the freedom to chose and I wont fault anyone to chose which ever way they want to swing.

My deal is the government should not be involved at all. Repel the marriage definition, repeal gay marriage and so on. I completely agree with Trumps position on this, the less government the better... wait this is no the first time this ideal was brought to mind ... the founding Fathers came up with this as well ... /s

*edit 

matter of fact gay marriage was not even passed by congress it was voted on in Supreme court so it is not even legal to begin with ...

Edited by SansVarnic

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Good on him having everyone talking about this tweet rather than talking about the trump university settlement.

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

3 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

repeal gay marriage and so on

Almost impossible. Many gays have been married, and it'll create an outrage from the gay community if that happens.

America will be irrepressible.

It just won't work.

1 minute ago, AniJan said:

Almost impossible. Many gays have been married, and it'll create an outrage from the gay community if that happens.

America will be irrepressible.

It just won't work.

I know, what is done is done but one can hope ...

Post Christian nation here we are ...

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

13 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

I high doubt he will redefine the word illegal...

One thing he is promoting is cleaning house on the upper echelons that run ICE, FBI, DOJ so that those that fit the definition of illegal will be removed.

The Constitution sets a precedence on how immigrants are to be handled and that falls on the States to handle and not the Federal Government, the Federal's role is only to process the immigrant to citizen status. Many people overlook this and Trump has made several comments about this over the course of the last 2 decades. Thing is people are losing their minds over this because they are not paying attention to what he says on to what the media tells us what he says.

That's fair enough though, cheers.

-------

Current Rig

-------

8 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

My deal is the government should not be involved at all. Repel the marriage definition, repeal gay marriage and so on.

This is pretty much where my thoughts are.  I am perfectly fine with gay people having the right to marry as i think all people should be treated equally in the eyes of the law.

However i am against the whole notion of there being a legal definition of marriage.  It used to be that people who got married just simply started calling themselves married, and later started marking it by a ceremony.

There shouldn't a marriage contract, and there shouldn't be any legal difference between a single person and a married person.

When bible thumpers forget that their is something called separation of church and state...

I am sorry but "god" has 0 place in the government.

Marriage is just a contract.

I like Donald Trump, but Pence is an idiot that just got lucky enough to come along for the ride.

1 minute ago, RooR said:

When bible thumpers forget that their is something called separation of church and state...

I like Donald Trump, but Pence is an idiot that just got lucky enough to come along for the ride.

yea i completely agree with this sentiment. they should remove religion from every official pledge or symbolism. "in god we trust" should be removed and so should swearing on a bible. swear on a flag or something idgaf. its fine if some people do want to pledge religiously or use symbolism religiously but it should NEVER be the status quo in a government.

1 hour ago, RooR said:

This also goes for government having 0 place in church too.

Legit houses of worship shouldn't be forced to perform marriages that go against their religion.  

I'm not including those drive through wedding places that are designed to look kind of like a chapel though. 

57 minutes ago, Thunderpup said:

This also goes for government having 0 place in church too.

Legit houses of worship shouldn't be forced to perform marriages that go against their religion.  

I'm not including those drive through wedding places that are designed to look kind of like a chapel though. 

You are correct, these places of worship should also NOT be tax exempt. 

1 minute ago, RooR said:

You are correct, these places of worship should also not be tax exempt.

i don't mind non-profits being tax exempt when the money they bring in and money they spend are fairly low.

I do take issue with non-profits that rake in a lot of money and spend it on expensive salaries and other things (like mega churches) not essential to the non-profit.

I say "non-profit" as my views aren't specific to the houses or worship but also to schools and "charities" where the people running them often get pretty rich.

14 minutes ago, RooR said:

You are correct, these places of worship should also NOT be tax exempt. 

I'm not religious and against taxing churches. The Catholic church alone brings in an estimated $114B in the US alone, and they do a lot to help feed and house the poor. The food stamps program costs ~$6B, therefore if (I get it, big if) the Catholic Church is devoting more than 6% of its income to the cause, it's doing more to help the poor at a cost of $0 to the tax payer. Notice that this is ignoring all other religious organizations other than the Catholic Church, so the real number is going to be significantly higher. Just my $0.02.

https://www.quora.com/In-the-US-How-much-money-do-churches-annually-donate-or-spend-on-helping-the-poor

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

5 hours ago, Thunderpup said:

This is pretty much where my thoughts are.  I am perfectly fine with gay people having the right to marry as i think all people should be treated equally in the eyes of the law.

However i am against the whole notion of there being a legal definition of marriage.  It used to be that people who got married just simply started calling themselves married, and later started marking it by a ceremony.

There shouldn't a marriage contract, and there shouldn't be any legal difference between a single person and a married person.

There's legal definition because there's legal benefits and legal responsibilities. You can't do away with those without removing basic incentives to how families, wills, trustfunds and ownership of property and assets work. 

The best solution is to be reasonable fucking human beings and giving access to this benefits to whomever fucking wants them regardless of sexual orientation. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I'm not religious and against taxing churches. The Catholic church alone brings in an estimated $114B in the US alone, and they do a lot to help feed and house the poor. The food stamps program costs ~$6B, therefore if (I get it, big if) the Catholic Church is devoting more than 6% of its income to the cause, it's doing more to help the poor at a cost of $0 to the tax payer. Notice that this is ignoring all other religious organizations other than the Catholic Church, so the real number is going to be significantly higher. Just my $0.02.

https://www.quora.com/In-the-US-How-much-money-do-churches-annually-donate-or-spend-on-helping-the-poor

Yeah it only costs us a few child rapes to receive their scraps while they stockpile gold in the Vatican. What a glorious institution! 

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

Yeah it only costs us a few child rapes to receive their scraps while they stockpile gold in the Vatican. What a glorious institution! 

Haha, dont get me wrong, I'm not here to defend the catholic church. I just think that money does more good being used by them to help people than it would being taxed and having the government use it on something frivolous. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro