Surface Pro 4 or zBook 15u G2?

Hello everyone!

Now it's no secret that I'm a macOS fan... Having a MacBook Pro and a home-made, custom built Hackintosh to run macOS with all the perks of having a PC. But I'm not stupid either and I can recognise when theres performance degradation thats becoming a problem and holds me from doing my work. So my budget is going to be £800, enough for second hand variants of the following systems: 256GB/8GB Microsoft Surface Pro 4 and the HP zBook 15u G2 Ultrabook.

Along with my college work, I need it to do 3D animations, modelling, After Effects and Premiere Pro. With sketching being a secondary concern, also on a side note I do wish to learn virtual sculpting and 2D Animations. Gaming is also secondary!

So wise people of the LTT-community, which do you think I should go for?

NEW Octane - AMD Ryzen 7-3700X, 32GB DDR4, GeForce RTX 3060, 1TB WD Black NVMe SSD (Fedora Linux), 120GB Kingston V300 SSD (Windows)

Hackintosh VW - Intel Core i7-4790k, 8GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 970, 480GB Sandisk SSD (macOS), 240GB Kingston A400 SSD (Windows)

Do you also have a desktop?

If not, go zbook(or id probably get a e6440 if you can, much faster with a quad core)

If you do get a surface, smaller and its a tablet. I wouldn't want a surface as my only system.

the surface will be more compact and light also comes with a pen, however the HP laptop will offer you more ram and slots and ports. both have pros and cons, a hard choice but judging from your needs i would go for the HP since it is more customizeable  

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

8 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Do you also have a desktop?

Indeed I do, it is the aforementioned Hackintosh system. On a slightly unrelated note: I have named my entire desktop setup as "Mission Control"... xD

NEW Octane - AMD Ryzen 7-3700X, 32GB DDR4, GeForce RTX 3060, 1TB WD Black NVMe SSD (Fedora Linux), 120GB Kingston V300 SSD (Windows)

Hackintosh VW - Intel Core i7-4790k, 8GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 970, 480GB Sandisk SSD (macOS), 240GB Kingston A400 SSD (Windows)