Any tech channels who aren't woefully misinformed about everything?

othertomperson
8 hours ago, mark_cameron said:

The comments about LTT are rubbish.

I find them 95% accurate. meaning in general what they say is scientifically accurate.

Even for that 5% they often follow up and investigate further.

Just a ridiculous post.

And 90% of all internet statistics are made up on the spot :ph34r:

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

10 hours ago, othertomperson said:

There's Wendell and his L1Tech channel... I unsubscribed from Jay a while ago because a lot of what he was saying was frankly embarrassing, Logan was never a compelling reason to watch Tek Syndicate. LTT's videos are pretty much unwatchable now, with Luke just having seemingly random outbursts at Apple and the occasionally reading off of an Nvidia or AMD specsheet with some of the most superficial and unenlightening benchmarks imaginable. Barnacules is highly knowledgeable, if only I gave a shit about 3D printing.

So apart from Wendell and Barnacules, is there a single tech youtuber who has any idea what they are talking about?

You wanna make one together?  I can help us get some content together...  If we get 2-3 other people together... boom!

EDIT: Honestly, my 2 cents is the fact that this channel has become more and more about numbers and "fun" than it is about learning.  Yea its great to have fun every now and then, but it simply sucks when it comes to actual knowledge.  They just don't seem to understand anything that companies PR doesn't tell them.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Tech deals is super good.

i7-9980x 4.20mhz - 19.8 terraflops of ram - 512mb GENERIC VIDEO_CARD - 20w PSU with hyperthreading. 

DigitalFoundry is the best game/hardware benchmarking youtube channel available. Always reliable, always thorough and the frametime charts are always present in their videos - which is a nice addition

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

5 hours ago, Morgan MLGman said:

DigitalFoundry is the best game/hardware benchmarking youtube channel available. Always reliable, always thorough and the frametime charts are always present in their videos - which is a nice addition

They are one of the best yes, and one channel that I can say I trust, but there was more than one time when their transparency was put to question, mainly because some of their videos, like Mirrors Edge: Catalyst, while comparing a 970 and a 390 on what they say were identical settings showed fairly large differences in shadows for instance. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

7 hours ago, mark_cameron said:

a good tech reviewer would be checking if what nvidia claimed were true. linus did cover it widely + similar topics at NCIX and at LMG when the truth came out.

What does that have to do with reading specs being a part of a review? The job of a reviewer is to interpret or vet specs so that the audience can understand them. That didn't happen in this case.

16 hours ago, Brian McKee said:

The most in depth review channel is by far GamersNexus, not that I agree with your post btw.

What's GamersNexus?  I mean what do they do that you like them so much?

I assume from your comment that you like them as a companion to LTT videos rather than an alternative?

10 hours ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Even though I've hardly been watching tech videos lately: GamersNexus is love, GamersNexus is life.

I repeat my question: What's this and why prefer them to LTT?

(No judgement I promise just curious why the preference so please answer honestly I have zero interest in biting your head off for being honest.)

9 hours ago, mark_cameron said:

Yeah but quadros are not marketed to consumers. if nvidia started to do so claiming 'best gaming experience' or the like that would be false advertising.

We rely on reviewers like linus (tech tips) to hold the tech companies accountable on release on consumers behalf.

This is one reason that in the USA they've become stricter about 'undeclared' advertising. or undeclared paid recommendations for products

We may be in an era of post-truth politics. let's not allow the same in tech reviews

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Quadros (I think that's how it's spelled) perform badly for gaming because the specs of the card are configured differently from standard gaming GPUs resulting in superior use for whatever stuff a business would use a GPU for?

Not because Nvidia handicapped Quadros drivers or whatever Qwweb meant by optimization being the reason for the lesser gaming performance.  

I mean Quadro cards aren't good for gaming by design not a screw-up by Nvidia is my point.  

8 hours ago, GoldSolitude said:

Tech deals is super good.

Do they point out sales on stuff or what all do they make videos/articles about?

3 hours ago, aisle9 said:

Science Studio

lol

What's that?    (He asks totally not sounding like an Internet noob...  >_>)

lol

19 hours ago, blaze756 said:

I do agree that their channel content has shifted, but they've gotta stay relevant. Sometimes however I wish I was their Apple consultant or something, they constantly get the facts wrong! I mean come on guys, do some research before you make a quick video about Apple.

I have to agree. I don't know much about apple but this happens with other topics too. One approach I really liked (despite the low production quality) was the new MacBook Pro Review of Louis Rossmann. Having a lifestream with feedback and questions what people want to know is a really good approach for what I want from a review.

I can look specs and ports up on a website. What I can't do without buying it, is comparing the speakers to different products or real world performance. The problem with Louis is, he rants too much about things and better production quality would also be nice. I would like if reviewers would not talk so much about things that I can decide on my own (like if two Type C ports are enough for me) but on other things that are not that obvious. The comparison excel files from Linus are great though.

19 hours ago, alexyy said:

OC3D does some very indepth gpu testing but for anything else he seems to just copy the press release. 

I remember Tiny Tom Logan's review of the MSI Z97S Krait board. It was 12 minutes long and the only thing he talked about was how it was black and white. Maybe their articles are decent (I don't read the site so I don't know) but fuck their video reviews. Tiny Tom is twice as bad as Jay about rambling on and on without giving any useful information.

6 hours ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Yeah Digital Foundry is far and away the best out there for GPU and CPU testing.

1 hour ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What's GamersNexus?  I mean what do they do that you like them so much?

I assume from your comment that you like them as a companion to LTT videos rather than an alternative?

I don't watch LTT unless it is a special project, their videos suck now.

GamersNexus is like what LTT used to be but he goes really in depth with details. Similar to PCPer and Digital Foundry.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

49 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

I don't watch LTT unless it is a special project, their videos suck now.

GamersNexus is like what LTT used to be but he goes really in depth with details. Similar to PCPer and Digital Foundry.

So LTT is good for message boards but bad for actual tech videos?

What's PCPer?

2 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

So LTT is good for message boards but bad for actual tech videos?

Do you know how many times they have said something performs the same and the graph shows a difference or vice versa where they say they perform differently but the graph shows identical results? I've counted at least three occasions.

3 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What's PCPer?

They have a youtube channel as well but here is their site https://www.pcper.com

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Well it just highly depends on what kind of tech information you are looking for.

There isnt realy that much scientific wenn it comes to benchmarking reviews.

And the outcomes of benchmarks are allways relatively, since every outcome will be diffrent.

But seriously digital foundry the best cpu and gpu reviewers?

Dont make me laugh pls...

They do some good reviews from time to time.

But they arent the best atall.

At least not in my opinion.

My favorite tech channel is Wendell´s Level 1 Techs.

But there is more to the tech world then just youtube channels.

So what did Jay do wrong?

19 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Do you know how many times they have said something performs the same and the graph shows a difference or vice versa where they say they perform differently but the graph shows identical results? I've counted at least three occasions.

They have a youtube channel as well but here is their site https://www.pcper.com

Like I said I really haven't many LTT videos so you'd know far better than I would if LTT was good for videos or not.  ?

Sorry if you thought I was saying you were wrong.  I wasn't.  Seriously you're defintely far more well informed than I'll probably ever be.  

11 minutes ago, Sintezza said:

Dont make me laugh pls...

Says the dude who doesn't bother to type with proper grammar.

DigitalFoundry offers a lot of information in a short amount of time compared to other channels.

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

Says the dude who doesn't bother to type with proper grammar.

lol well that discussion ends here then. ;)

Just now, Sintezza said:

lol well that discussion ends here then. ;)

Are you triggered or something?

16 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Are you triggered or something?

Me? No not at all..

But you are triggered obviously. :)

Like i said discussion ends.

There are none. Nobody in the whole world knows what they are talking about apart from the odd random internet poster on random internet forums, unfortunately all those people who know everything about everything selfishly choose not to make youtube channels teaching us poor serfs what they know.

Build Log : Red N White Army

System Specs

NZXT S340

i7 4790k

Z97 MSI Gaming 5

Palit 980 Ti Super Jetstream

16GB HyperX Savage 1866 RAM

Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD

EVGA 750W G2 PSU

Custom Cooling Loop

3 hours ago, aisle9 said:

Science Studio

lol

*salazar Studio

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB