4k gaming

jecho

Are there any games with textures that are even meant for 4k? I have seen many 4k benchmarks now that the 290x reviews have come out. I have heard some games even look bad at 4k.

<p> AMD Ryzen 7 5800x l ASUS TUF X570-PLUS l G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB l Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX

Well last time I remember, Crysis, Dirt3, and Metro actually ran on 4k

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Well PC games are rendered at native resolution so I guess games would be ready for 4k. And the counts of bad 4k I've heard of were on MULTI monitor 4k, single monitor should look fine but I have no experience with it just speculating.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Are there any games with textures that are even meant for 4k? I have seen many 4k benchmarks now that the 290x reviews have come out. I have heard some games even look bad at 4k.

Games with mod support often get custom texture packets.  Skyrim is a good example.

skyrim mods have textures that are good for 4k

Increasing resolution can't make it worse, it just doesn't make sense

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

It used to cause games weren't made for bigger resolutions back then. Now they are.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

basically don't worry about it. by the time 4K becomes mainstream enough that its actually usable textures will look fine. Also most game (at least ones that are modifiable like Skyrim) can be modded with better textures.

Generally when you increase resolution, textures start to look worse because the higher resolution allows the user to see all the individual pixels that the textures are made of.

For an extreme example, you could run a PSX or N64 emulator and set them to run games at 1080p and you can start to see how the textures just weren't meant to be seen in high detail. This probably also works for older PC games too like Half-life 1. Heck, even Half-life 2 starts to show its age at 1080p.