Trade R9 fury for gtx 1060?

BrisoX
Just now, BrisoX said:

guys, i'm currently at 1080p haha and don't have need to upgrade. maybe i will in a year/two but only to a 1440p monitor. 4K requires beast GPU to run 60+ fps or SLI config, which I won't buy. so, for now, R9 Fury for GTX 1060 or should I find some1 that has 1070, but there is no one haha

1070 or 980ti or keep it.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

Colors are STUPID good over here captain and the gameplay is ridiculously smooth.

I did say on the manufacturer end. Check out this article and you'll see why I say this.

I'm not shitting on Nvidia technology but we all need to shit on their stupid apple mindset that "G-Sync is premium and Freesync is for poor people."

7 minutes ago, YongKang said:

mindset that "G-Sync is premium and Freesync is for poor people."

it's kinda true though, on high-end nvidia cards the frametimes are so tight and performance so good that nothing really compare to it when you crank up those settings i paid 800$CAD for my monitor a few months ago and it's the best money i've ever spent on tech...that and the 56$ for a battlefield 1 key! :P

it is expensive though, but OP....this would be nice:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/c298TW/asus-monitor-mg279q

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

8 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

it's kinda true though, on high-end nvidia cards the frametimes are so tight and performance so good that nothing really compare to it when you crank up those settings i paid 800$ for my monitor a few months ago and it's the best money i've ever spent on tech...that and the 56$ for a battlefield 1 key! :P

I don't deny the truth but that arrogance of it being premium is what gets me.

6 hours ago, Shiv78 said:

ShadowPlay, Ansel, game streaming, CUDA acceleration in supported apps...

Not to mention lower power consumption, newer architecture, G-Sync, and more VRAM

You do lose the capability for FreeSync tho

post 1,000!

I would only call Ansel a feature out of those because it's the only one that you can't easily find an equivalent for that's open source or free. Sure the 1060 does 120W and the Fury does 200W, but unless you pay a bunch of money for your power you will get a couple cents less every month and the satisfaction that you are creating a smaller footprint on the environment.

Freesync is a good feature on the flip side, and Gsync costs $200 more on monitors.

congrats! I post way too much lol

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

3 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

it's kinda true though, on high-end nvidia cards the frametimes are so tight and performance so good that nothing really compare to it when you crank up those settings i paid 800$CAD for my monitor a few months ago and it's the best money i've ever spent on tech...that and the 56$ for a battlefield 1 key! :P

It's still wrong to say that Gsync is better than Freesync.

Vega couldn't come soon enough, so I can start telling people to get a Vega GPU with a Freesync monitor.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

On 11/12/2016 at 1:26 AM, Energycore said:

It's still wrong to say that Gsync is better than Freesync.

Vega couldn't come soon enough, so I can start telling people to get a Vega GPU with a Freesync monitor.

On 11/11/2016 at 10:05 PM, YongKang said:

I don't deny the truth but that arrogance of it being premium is what gets me.

On 11/11/2016 at 9:53 PM, i_build_nanosuits said:

What about 970SLI for R9 Fury?? I'm getting that offer for trade

WHITE MIST

CPU: I7 6700K @ 4,7GHz 1,38V GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Strix @ 1568MHz RAM: G.Skill TridentZ 4x8GB 3200MHz CL16 MBO: MSI Krait gaming 3X Z170 PSU: Cooler Master VSM 750W CASE: Fractal Design Define S/window CPU COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 1,5TB Seagate Barracuda

PcPartPicker - White Mist

Vidox Production - Official page

On 11/11/2016 at 7:58 PM, Space Reptile said:

more ram , but MUCH MUCH slower ram (fury has HBM dood) 

also who on earth uses G-sync :P 

Me I use gsync and it's the tits 

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

3 hours ago, BrisoX said:

ohh hell nahhh

On 2016-11-11 at 3:25 PM, YongKang said:

Believe me, there are ppl like @App4that  who got a G-sync panel and swear to god by it. He will tell you how good it is once you invest in one.

App4that and johnthedon who posted above me we all have the same Gsync IPS monitor and it is indeed glorious...everything about the technology is fantastic...by far the best gaming experience available...i wasn't convinced i thought maybe VR would be better but i did tried the HTC vive this last week-end and oooHHH BOY is the resolution low and crappy on that...it is really cool though, but the screen door effect and low resolution/jaggies completely turn me off...it's an immensely cool technology and the immersion is indeed breath taking, but NEXT GEN VR will be tha shit...i want 4K per eye or go home, seriously...this HTC VIVE thingy, it felt like Nintendo 64 VR...no kidding.

I think, this close to your eyes like that, it felt like sitting 12 inches in front of a 1985 CRT Television and looking straight into it...for real.

Also, 12 cables coming out of that thing really turn me off...i'll buy one when they make it wireless and higher resolution...right now, it's first gen and it really feel like a 1st gen product.

Just now, Soundsystem90 said:

Keep the Fury, and G-Sync is a load of hype mostly, freesync is wayyyy cheaper for the same effect.

except freesync ususally operate from 40 or 45FPS up to around 90 to 100FPS depending on the monitor...other than that, if you can keep your framerates in that window all the time, i believe they are pretty much the same though...but AMD GPU's are lacking right now, and AMD is broke, so buying a freesync monitor at this point looking forward IMHO is a bit of a gamble...in 5 years from now nvidia will still be kickin ass all over...radeon, not so sure.

2 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

except freesync ususally operate from 40 or 45FPS up to around 90 to 100FPS depending on the monitor...other than that, if you can keep your framerates in that window all the time, i believe they are pretty much the same though...but AMD GPU's are lacking right now, and AMD is broke, so buying a freesync monitor at this point looking forward IMHO is a bit of a gamble...in 5 years from now nvidia will still be kickin ass all over...radeon, not so sure.

You seem to have a biased outlook but i will remain open minded.

I have a freesync 1440P 144hz screen simply because i wanted 1440P and 144hz.. so i got the best of both worlds, and only cost me 220 quid.

Now try that with Nvidia and G-Sync, you have to sink in half a grand just for the screen alone.

Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock . XEON X5650 4.49ghz

You seem to have a biased outlook but i will remain open minded.

I have a freesync 1440P 144hz screen simply because i wanted 1440P and 144hz.. so i got the best of both worlds, and only cost me 220 quid.

Now try that with Nvidia and G-Sync, you have to sync in half a grand just for the screen alone.

hummm...no...905$CAD...not half a grand mate...a fucking whole grand...and another 800$CAD for the GPU :P LOL

nvidia is NOT for poor people...i give you that...other than that though...nvidia = BETTER.

hummm...no...905$CAD...not half a grand mate...a fucking whole grand...and another 800$CAD for the GPU :P LOL

nvidia is NOT for poor people...i give you that...other than that though...nvidia = BETTER.

See this is your huge misconception, what exactly is a poor person? when you have kids, bills, stuff to save up for, things outside of gaming and when you are not a lonely virgin?

3 minutes ago, Soundsystem90 said:

See this is your huge misconception, what exactly is a poor person? when you have kids, bills, stuff to save up for, things outside of gaming and when you are not a lonely virgin?

listen, i'm 34 years old...i have a wife, a son, a house, 2 cars, 2 motocross, a pool, a garage..i do have bills to pay, more than you think...i still have enough to buy a fucking high end nvidia monitor and GPU...if i couldnt afford it, i would have bought AMD...and if i couldnt afford AMD, i would go back to school and learn some stuff to find myself a better job.

listen, i'm 34 years old...i have a wife, a son, a house, 2 car, 2 motocross, a pool, a garage..i do have bills to pay, more than you think...i still have enough to buy a fucking high end nvidia monitor and GPU...if i couldnt afford it, i would have bought AMD...and if i couldnt afford AMD, i would go back to school and learn some stuff to find myself a better job.

Ok that's great, where did it call for you to take it personally? i suggest calming your ego down, i own a 1070, i don't make use of Freesync, it's simply a point to make i wanted 1440P and 144hz, some how the freesync panel was the best option without breaking the bank and having money left over to cover stuff.

Poor people don't even have a PC mate, sort your mind out ;)

Sidegrade at best, no point on trading. 

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6900K 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: X99 Sabertooth | GPU: RTX 2080 Ti SLi | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3400 CL13 | SSD: SX8200 PRO 512GB | PSU: Corsair AX1600i | Case: InWin 805C | Monitor: LG 38UC99-W 85Hz | Keyboard: Wooting One Analog | Keypad: Azeron Compact Analog | Mouse: Swiftpoint Z | Audio: Klipsch Reference 5.1

Ok that's great, where did it call for you to take it personally? i suggest calming your ego down, i own a 1070, i don't make use of Freesync, it's simply a point to make i wanted 1440P and 144hz, some how the freesync panel was the best option without breaking the bank and having money left over to cover stuff.

Poor people don't even have a PC mate, sort your mind out ;)

i'm not taking it personal or anything, i'm cool with it...it's true that freesync is cheaper, but there has to be a reason why you have a GTX 1070? ohhh yeah...AMD GPU's are falling behind right now :( yeah i see...and what if that trend continues and AMD start focusing solely on low and mid-range GPU offerings like many are predicting it will happen? see my point...not bashing AMD, freesync is great and i'd much rather have an AMD Fury and a 1440p freesync monitor than even a GTX 1070 and a non-Gsync monitor...but to each their own i guess...IMHO variable refresh is FANTASTIC and now that i used it for a while, there is absolutely no turning back,...and wheter your preference and money goes to AMD or NVIDIA the fact remain that variable refresh rate gaming monitors ARE THE SHIT.

Guys, i need support for AdobeCC and AutoCAD haha would 970 SLI beat fury in that?

i dont care about Gsync or Freesync for next 2 years or so...

WHITE MIST

CPU: I7 6700K @ 4,7GHz 1,38V GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Strix @ 1568MHz RAM: G.Skill TridentZ 4x8GB 3200MHz CL16 MBO: MSI Krait gaming 3X Z170 PSU: Cooler Master VSM 750W CASE: Fractal Design Define S/window CPU COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 1,5TB Seagate Barracuda

PcPartPicker - White Mist

Vidox Production - Official page

3 hours ago, Soundsystem90 said:

Poor people don't even have a PC mate, sort your mind out

I still use my 8 year old laptop. I don't have a PC haha.

3 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

i'm not taking it personal or anything, i'm cool with it...it's true that freesync is cheaper, but there has to be a reason why you have a GTX 1070? ohhh yeah...AMD GPU's are falling behind right now :( yeah i see...and what if that trend continues and AMD start focusing solely on low and mid-range GPU offerings like many are predicting it will happen? see my point...not bashing AMD, freesync is great and i'd much rather have an AMD Fury and a 1440p freesync monitor than even a GTX 1070 and a non-Gsync monitor...but to each their own i guess...IMHO variable refresh is FANTASTIC and now that i used it for a while, there is absolutely no turning back,...and wheter your preference and money goes to AMD or NVIDIA the fact remain that variable refresh rate gaming monitors ARE THE SHIT.

From my sources, Vega gonna be pretty damn great. I don't think it will beat Nvidia but offer comparable performance at a much lower price point. (DAMN YOU FOUNDERS EDITION JACKING UP THE PRICE!)

Just now, BrisoX said:

Guys, i need support for AdobeCC and AutoCAD haha would 970 SLI beat fury in that?

i dont care about Gsync or Freesync for next 2 years or so...

AMD have support for them coming. GamerNexus talk about it a few months back.

27 minutes ago, YongKang said:

From my sources, Vega gonna be pretty damn great. I don't think it will beat Nvidia but offer comparable performance at a much lower price point.

Please define ''much lower price point'' cause honestly i've been in this for over 25 years at this point and i can't remember the last time AMD or Nvidia or ATI or 3DFX or anybody else offering ''comparable performance at a much lower pricepoint''...if the RX 490 perform like a GTX 1070 in games, it will cost 25$ less...not 150$ less...

25$ less than a 1070 because it will not be as efficient, will lack many modern features...will suffer from less frequent driver updates, no shadowplay, and will perform worse in most titles except a handful of AMD optimized one, and will run new games worse especially for the first 3 weeks like it's always been the case with AMD...so, is that really worth saving 25$ or 30$ on a 400$ graphics card? o.O

21 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Please define ''much lower price point'' cause honestly i've been in this for over 25 years at this point and i can't remember the last time AMD or Nvidia or ATI or 3DFX or anybody else offering ''comparable performance at a much lower pricepoint''...if the RX 490 perform like a GTX 1070 in games, it will cost 25$ less...not 150$ less...

25$ less than a 1070 because it will not be as efficient, will lack many modern features...will suffer from less frequent driver updates, no shadowplay, and will perform worse in most titles except a handful of AMD optimized one, and will run new games worse especially for the first 3 weeks like it's always been the case with AMD...so, is that really worth saving 25$ or 30$ on a 400$ graphics card? o.O

Brother, you must have forgotten how the Founders edition screw MSRP over.

If the RX490 could offer 1070 performance for lower than 1070 MSRP and aftermarket models costing almost the same like the RX480 Nitro did (Albeit the cooler wasn't the best out of the bunch but PCB is pretty excellent), it could be a decisive shift in the market with the abundance of Freesync monitors. Plus, 1440p 240Hz and 4K 120Hz are coming for the second half of 2017. The high-end war gonna be good.

Maybe a smart decision from AMD to launch the midrange first and have more time to polish the high-end. The midrange was boring a generation ago. Now, it's exciting because of the shift in tactics from AMD.

I hate the hypetrain but fk. Nvidia and Intel need someone to keep their Apple spirit down.

1 minute ago, YongKang said:

Brother, you must have forgotten how the Founders edition screw MSRP over.

If the RX490 could offer 1070 performance for lower than 1070 MSRP and aftermarket models costing almost the same like the RX480 Nitro did (Albeit the cooler wasn't the best out of the bunch but PCB is pretty excellent), it could be a decisive shift in the market with the abundance of Freesync monitors. Plus, 1440p 240Hz and 4K 120Hz are coming for the second half of 2017. The high-end war gonna be good.

Maybe a smart decision from AMD to launch the midrange first and have more time to polish the high-end. The midrange was boring a generation ago. Now, it's exciting because of the shift in tactics from AMD.

I hate the hypetrain but fk. Nvidia and Intel need someone to keep their Apple spirit down.

i understand where you're coming from...but honestly i've been reading about day dreaming and wishful thinking like that about AMD for way too long at this point...i had many AMD and ATI GPUs and CPU's and almost all fell short from my expectations, AMD has let us down so so so many times at this point...anyways ;) have a good day mate.

16 hours ago, BrisoX said:

2 970s will beat an R9 Fury in games that scale, but at that point the small VRAM amount is a concern.

So theoretically 2 970s can be as good as a 980 Ti, but it's still a 980 Ti with 3.5GB VRAM (the other .5 is there, but it's so slow it might as well pull textures from system RAM)

I'd keep the fury tbh :)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

My motto is don't side-grade (or down grade).  Even if you just want the Nvidia features. :P

But since your card is new (and I presume refundable), it's fair to say that the choice is yours if you want to trade.

If you care very much for energy consumption, the Pascal line would be up your ally.  But if you're only doing AutoCAD and such in spurts, and not running a farm of GPUs, the efficiency isn't really that much of a factor (hardly any for most people honestly).  I'd roll with the Fury.