AMD’s New Heterogeneous Queuing will End GPU Slavery

eric010

Heterogenous queuing has nothing to do with the refresh rate of a monitor & more with the distribution of tasks between CPU & GPU cores on an APU.
Although AMD does have a technology coming called Double Sync...but more on that later.

That's great but I don't see how this is a competitor to G-sync.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

Dayum, GPU Emancipation declaration right there.

Case: 650D CPU: i5 4670K GPU: GTX 770 Gaming @1306MHz Motherboard: MAXIMUS VI Hero PSU: AX760 CPU Cooler: H100i RAM: 8GB Vengeance Pro @1866MHz Storage: 840 250GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14

Will it cost any more money other than getting a new graphics card? Does it involve buying a new monitor?

Seems nice, but when?

Also the name is weird.

I think its related to the catalyst name as you can get heterogeneous catalysts maybe they just like naming things after stuff in chemistry. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I dont know what article you guy read but this has nothing to do with g-sync

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

That's great but I don't see how this is a competitor to G-sync.

It isn't a competitor to G-Sync.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

So basically rather than inventing a board to be inserted into a monitor to correct errors generated, the have decided to correct the route cause of the problem... intresting....

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

I honestly have no freaking idea on how this is supposed to compete or even compare to G-Sync. 

With the idea of the co-processor I'm pretty sure NV's future GPUs (can't remember whether it was Maxwell or Volta) was going to address this issue by having an ARM processor run side by side with the GPU and CPU so it can delegate commands without compromising performance on other areas.   

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

I honestly have no freaking idea on how this is supposed to compete or even compare to G-Sync. 

With the idea of the co-processor I'm pretty sure NV's future GPUs (can't remember whether it was Maxwell or Volta) was going to address this issue by having an ARM processor run side by side with the GPU and CPU so it can delegate commands without compromising performance on other areas.   

Its Maxwell thats going to have the ARM core integrated onto the card.

Every topic I post in dies.

And Volta has the Stacked dRam

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Lol at that article and double lol at the comments on the article hating on Nvidia and saying they are gonna go out of business.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

PEW PEW PEWWWWW

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

How ANYONE got G-Sync out of this, is beyond me.

Lets break it down, G-Sync is about the communications between the Monitor and the GPU. It allows the GPU to drive the monitor so to speak, instead of the monitor driving the GPU.

This is about the communications between an Application and the CPU and GPU. Now the problem with this is what? Well, it means a step of programming on a select set of products. I honestly think this is more of a Mantle thing, then anything "new". Only time will tell if it catches on, and what the benefits are. There are always going to be bottlenecks in code, no matter what you do.

Please use the full editor to change the title of this thread to something appropriate. 

Please use the full editor to change the title of this thread to something appropriate. 

To be fair he is quoting the author  :P

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

I mean, in fairness to him the articles headline SAYS this is a counter to G-Sync. It's not, obviously, but he got his title from the article title. 

Awesome stuff! Really enticing me to come back to AMD. Whenever I buy components I buy whatever is best for my money at the time.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.0GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 RAM: 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 Storage: Samsung 120GB 840 SSD Cooling: Corsair H100 with Noctuas Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2

SpeedTest: http://www.speedtest.net/result/3243874809.png