EVGA Is Pissing me off

So I have this Refrence gtx 1080 with the ACX 3.0 from evga and every once and a while the card starts providing a loud coil whine. This is my second card and I still can RMA it. What should I do? Will I voide warranty to check if it didnt have thermal pads?

2 minutes ago, JimmyDeans said:

So I have this Refrence gtx 1080 with the ACX 3.0 from evga and every once and a while the card starts providing a loud coil whine. This is my second card and I still can RMA it. What should I do? Will I voide warranty to check if it didnt have thermal pads?

rma it or get a different make, if its reference board then it came from nvidia afaik

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

2 minutes ago, JimmyDeans said:

You can see if it has thermal pads (I assume you mean the one for the VRMs) through the backplate. I think the pad should be behind the E and the V.

But you can't give EVGA crap for the VRM issue. They made a mistake, yes. But they stand up for it, and provide a solution for everyone who gets back to them, without charging the customer. This is huge in my oppinion.

Please quote me in any answers to my posts, so that I can read them easily and don´t forget about them. Thanks!

I love spending my time with PC tinkering, networking and server-stuff.

RMA it and get a different 1080, the ASUS STRIX looks pretty awesome

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

RMA it until you get a nice one, EVGA doesn't really mind that probably.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

RMA it, but is it a refference card (Founders edition) or a ACX3.0 card? Can't be both.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

31 minutes ago, Gonio said:

RMA it, but is it a refference card (Founders edition) or a ACX3.0 card? Can't be both.

It has the same PCB as refrence but with a diffrent cooler its just ACX 3.0

Evga decided to give me a advanced RMA with the cooling pads so we will see how that works.

46 minutes ago, MEOOOOOOOOOOOOW said:

You can see if it has thermal pads (I assume you mean the one for the VRMs) through the backplate. I think the pad should be behind the E and the V.

But you can't give EVGA crap for the VRM issue. They made a mistake, yes. But they stand up for it, and provide a solution for everyone who gets back to them, without charging the customer. This is huge in my oppinion.

Will it void If I check? I dont hate on EVGA.

Also how should I go about selling the 1080 for a different make? I have good reviews on Ebay so thats a option.

16 minutes ago, JimmyDeans said:

Will it void If I check? I dont hate on EVGA.

I am pretty sure (not 100% however) warranty with EVGA-cards is not voided if you take them appart.

Please quote me in any answers to my posts, so that I can read them easily and don´t forget about them. Thanks!

I love spending my time with PC tinkering, networking and server-stuff.