GoPro recalls Karma drone

Napper198

If unbalanced washing machines, exploding phones and Trump as president of the USA isn't enough for you, lets add drones falling out of the skies to the list.

GoPro issued a press release in wich they recall all sold units (2500, since October 23rd) after a small group of owners lost power on their drones mid air.

As of yet it is unclear what cases this issue or how many drones are affected.

Customers get a full refund, but no replacement unit until the issue is resolved.

"Safety is our top priority," said GoPro Founder and CEO Nicholas Woodman. "A very small number of Karma owners have reported incidents of power failure during operation. We have moved quickly to recall all units of Karma and provide a full refund while we investigate the issue. We are working in close coordination with both the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and Federal Aviation Administration. We are very sorry to have inconvenienced our customers and we are taking every step to make the return and refund process as easy as possible."

GoPro press release

As seen on techcrunch

Well, year of the recall indeed. Can we just recall the whole year, please?

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

Who is Trump?

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

1 minute ago, Simon771 said:

Who is Trump?

he's the guy you're going to be spend the next few years hating and making fun of. I also predict he's going to be the cause of a rise in ginger hair bullying. We should prob not let this thread get hijacked off topic

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

I mean, I don't know what they expected when they named their drone Karma

Trump2016 since we were talking about that too for some reason

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W