Snowball or Modmic?

Sunnybay

My friend is setting up a portable gaming/content creation setup.

and I am wondering which is better, snowball or Modmic. And I don't mean just in clarity, I mean portability,quality and overall function. 

Thanks and have a good one!

The Modmic is better if he plans on using headphones imo, but the snowball has better quality (although, as far as I'm concerned the modmic sounds pretty good). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

The Modmic is better if he plans on using headphones imo, but the snowball has better quality (although, as far as I'm concerned the modmic sounds pretty good). 

Thank you! Yea he is using headphones.

3 minutes ago, Sunnybay said:

My friend is setting up a portable gaming/content creation setup.

and I am wondering which is better, snowball or Modmic. And I don't mean just in clarity, I mean portability,quality and overall function. 

Thanks and have a good one!

modmic is good enough, you don't need anything that much better for content creation on youtube/twitch. as long as it doesnt crackle and is pretty accurate most people will love it.

id go with the snowball, it sounds a bit better and its still resonably portable

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

If he gets the snowball he'll also need a pop filter, I beleive the mod mic comes with one.

- the modmic is a headmounted solution with all advantages and disadvantages of that:

- - you'll have a second wire going to your head

- - it's always in your face, which some people arent necessarily into

- - more portable in terms of format

- the snowball is a desk mounted solution with all advantages and disadvantages of that:

- - takes up desk space

- - you will need to stuff your face into it for that "sexy" sound (which afaik you simply cannot do at all with a modmic)

- - less portable format, but the mic being desk-mounted means it's not as unwieldly as a face mic, and you save your audience the "ear thump" of unhandily putting down the headset mic first.

23 minutes ago, manikyath said:

- the modmic is a headmounted solution with all advantages and disadvantages of that:

- - you'll have a second wire going to your head

- - it's always in your face, which some people arent necessarily into

- - more portable in terms of format

- the snowball is a desk mounted solution with all advantages and disadvantages of that:

- - takes up desk space

- - you will need to stuff your face into it for that "sexy" sound (which afaik you simply cannot do at all with a modmic)

- - less portable format, but the mic being desk-mounted means it's not as unwieldly as a face mic, and you save your audience the "ear thump" of unhandily putting down the headset mic first.

Wow! Thanks for this detailed response! I think I'm going with the Modmic at this point! Again thank you very much:)