Batch copyright tool

Go to solution Solved by AkiraDaarkst,

You can also sort of batch process images using IrfanView.  Check this guide.

https://iamyuanwu.wordpress.com/2008/10/17/guide-batch-watermarking-photos-in-irfanview-420/

Hey guys I am looking to protect my pictures with a copyright (as most people do) and was wondering whats tool you use or if there is a batch tool that i can use? I am looking for free tools that also support batch processing. Thanks

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

3 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

Hey guys I am looking to protect my pictures with a copyright (as most people do) and was wondering whats tool you use or if there is a batch tool that i can use? I am looking for free tools that also support batch processing. Thanks

Like add a created by "x" in the details?

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

3 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

In lightroom and most photomanagers, you can add a watermark on export

7 minutes ago, Luc401 said:

Like add a created by "x" in the details?

no like a watermark over the image. 

7 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

In lightroom and most photomanagers, you can add a watermark on export

I will have a look for a photo manger that supports it.

8 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

no like a watermark over the image. 

I will have a look for a photo manger that supports it.

Just use lightroom just like electronic wizardary suggested.

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

2 minutes ago, Luc401 said:

Just use lightroom just like electronic wizardary suggested.

except I don't have lightroom :(

Just now, vorticalbox said:

Theres always a 30 day trial.

1 minute ago, vorticalbox said:

Do you have Photoshop?  You can record a series of Actions in Photoshop and set it as a droplet.  Then use that droplet to batch process images.  But setting up a Watermark preset and Metadata info preset in LR is much easier.

Also, are any of your photos actually worth stealing that you need a watermark?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

You can also sort of batch process images using IrfanView.  Check this guide.

https://iamyuanwu.wordpress.com/2008/10/17/guide-batch-watermarking-photos-in-irfanview-420/

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

8 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

Do you have Photoshop?  You can record a series of Actions in Photoshop and set it as a droplet.  Then use that droplet to batch process images.  But setting up a Watermark preset and Metadata info preset in LR is much easier.

Also, are any of your photos actually worth stealing that you need a watermark?

Some of my pictures are ok. I would just rather have a notice there for peace of mind.

16 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

Some of my pictures are ok. I would just rather have a notice there for peace of mind.

Just be careful when you use something like IrFanView to batch process photos.  With LR, the watermark preset gets added on export.  But with something like IrFanView, don't set the output folder to be the same as where your original photos (without watermarks) are located and accidentally overwrite the original files.

If you work with RAW files, any edit you make to the photo is saved in a XMP sidecar file.  But if you work with JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF, files any changes you make can overwrite the original file.

Essentially what I am saying is, make sure you keep your original photos without the watermark separate from the version with the watermark if you work with any other type of image file not Camera RAW.  Who knows when you may need to use the non-watermarked version.