Have I made a huge mistake ?

So I bought a 1200w psu from a local store and did a quick online search and it seemed ok. I got it home  and it has no power switch.... crappy but no huge deal. so I looked it up again and newegg has hundreds of reviews of these being dead on arrival or burning out entire systems.... so now I'm freaked out and wondering if I'll be one of the lucky people who got a good one. it's a Thermaltake toughpower 1200 gold.  modular 

Just freaked me out.....so many burn out and system kill stories but also so many good reviews. 

Such are online reviews. When you eat somewhere, are your more likely to give a glowing review or a bad one for your order being wrong/burned/undercooked? Same concept applies to tech sites. More will be more inclined to report their system being shorted out vs "my system powers on and off normally."

10 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

so now I'm freaked out and wondering if I'll be one of the lucky people who got a good one. it's a Thermaltake toughpower 1200 gold.  modular 

Thermaltake isn't known for their quality. But it's better than a no brand one. You also don't need that many watts anyway. Unless you're trying to do a quad-fire/sli system, but the power requirements are going down on new hardware anyway. 4 way SLI with 1080's would be like 180w*4=750-850w system. :P 

Now I'm Wishing I bought better...... aND it's custom order..... I have a thermaltake 850W but it's been causing issues 

Newegg reviews aren't always reliable. Hella peeps go there to complain only.