What would you do with the Nvidia Shield TV?

Tatts4Life

So I had been looking for a more all in one system after getting annoyed with having to switch from computer to watch movies to a console to watch Netflix or Hulu. A lot of people suggested checking out the Nvidia shield tv. So far I love it and everything is smooth and things never seem to buffer like they did when watching Netflix or Hulu from some place else. Even game streaming from my PC works great.

so the point of this thread is this. I have game system with an Nvidia gtx 970 graphics card and my cup is a 4790k if I remember correctly. I also have an old computer that I use as a "server" for all my movies and tv shows which stays on all the time. So what I'm wondering is is it worth it to take my graphics card, cpu, and hard drive with all my games in my gaming computer and stick it in my "server" computer for a real all in one experience or just leave my gaming computer alone and just get up and hit the power button whenever I want to play a game?

I use it for all kinds of things, one of which is Kodi as a interface as it can map network drives in Kodi and so I can go to videos stored on network connected PC and play them over the network with no stupid transcoding like Plex likes to do, so I keep full video quality.

I'm loving the Nvidia Shield. It's so nice to have Kodi, Netflix, HBO Go, Showtime, Starz, and Hulu all available on one system.

M.Yurizaki my server is basically an old computer running Windows 10 that I use to rip my blu-rays and use PlayOn to record movies or shows that are leaving Netflix at the end of the month that I like to watch. So I'm not sure how much more power it will use running games on it too.

Keep them separate.

With the shield, enjoy--

game streaming from your gaming PC

run NES/SNES/N64/etc emulators on the shield

pick up a silicon dust tuner for live TV

install plex and the plex dvr beta for live tv recording

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2016 at 1:01 PM, Tatts4Life said:

So I had been looking for a more all in one system after getting annoyed with having to switch from computer to watch movies to a console to watch Netflix or Hulu. A lot of people suggested checking out the Nvidia shield tv. So far I love it and everything is smooth and things never seem to buffer like they did when watching Netflix or Hulu from some place else. Even game streaming from my PC works great.

so the point of this thread is this. I have game system with an Nvidia gtx 970 graphics card and my cup is a 4790k if I remember correctly. I also have an old computer that I use as a "server" for all my movies and tv shows which stays on all the time. So what I'm wondering is is it worth it to take my graphics card, cpu, and hard drive with all my games in my gaming computer and stick it in my "server" computer for a real all in one experience or just leave my gaming computer alone and just get up and hit the power button whenever I want to play a game?

Why can't you watch movies on the console?